What has taken over MFP more Keto Threads or ACV Threads

Options
bagge72
bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
I personally think it's Keto. I'm wondering how long this trend will last. I know Keto has always been a way of eating for some people, and works well for them, but it seems to be the new gluten free, paleo, or crossfit, where people jump in head first and that's all they talk about.

Replies

• Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I give threads with "Keto" in their subject as miss, and I don't know what ACV even stands for.
    Guess I'm missing the invasion.
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Theo166 wrote: »
    I give threads with "Keto" in their subject as miss, and I don't know what ACV even stands for.

It's just the way kids these days talk about apple cider vinegar. I get at least 1 spam email a day with ACV in the title.
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    The takeaway is canshould.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Theo166 wrote: »

ACV - apple cider vinegar

I'd say they're equal. Low carb is pretty up there along with eat more to lose more (the "bad" version, not "eat as much as you can while still eating at a deficit" version).
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Keto.

We actually saw this coming in the LCD community when Oz started talking about it last year.

LOL Yep, we're just so "with it" now. :D
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    ACV, like all other fads resurfaces under a slight rebranding every now and then. We are seeing a huge rise in adverse medical events thanks to this.

People have no idea the potential damage this does to the gastrointestinal system.
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Ruatine wrote: »
    At least keto is a viable way of eating that can be helpful for some people. I don't mind seeing keto threads so long as they're not making sweeping statements about how everyone should try it or making magical claims about eating over maintenance and not gaining "because keto."

All the ACV threads make me a little sad because there is so much nonsense in them.

I feel like we MFP members get to see the ebb and flow of what is "popular" in the dieting industry. All we have to do is look at the recurrence of certain thread topics over a period of time.

There are keto threads that don't do that?

:joy: Surprisingly, yes, I've seen a few... usually of the variety of "need keto food ideas" or "need keto help" or "anyone doing keto". Sometimes those do devolve into the typical MFP *kitten* but not always.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    tomteboda wrote: »
    Why is there no cookie diet fad?

Did you miss the Oreo thread :D

I think it's all extremes, so keto is the extreme of moderate carb. ACV is the extreme of stupidity.

This actually kinda frightens me. Because to me it means that there's a possibility of even more stupid... and it's already a good contender for first place.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Acv and Keto threads have been around as long as I have been a member about 3 years. Keto is not going anywhere acv is picking up popularity probably bc of all the ads lately Jenny McCarthy lost x amount and all she did was drink this every day kinda things.