What has taken over MFP more Keto Threads or ACV Threads

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,343 Member
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    tomteboda wrote: »
    Why is there no cookie diet fad?

My wife is the cookie mom for our troop - just saying. You do the marketing and I'll supply the crack...I mean cookies (same thing really).

You mean sugar is addictive? B)

I'll believe that when I see somebody go face first into a bag of sugar to get their fix. Otherwise I call BS.
  • French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member

My mom did one awhile back. One of those where you eat 'their' nutrient-dense, edible-but-not-hyper-palatable cookies for two meals, plus a "sensible" dinner and lose weight because deficit... but gain back because once you hit goal and go back to eating normally... well, results are what you expect from diets of that ilk.

WebMD has some details on what I mean. I'm not sure which version my mom did, but it sort of surprised me because I'd never thought she'd go for that kind of fad. http://www.webmd.com/diet/a-z/cookie-diet

This would be my cookie-weapon of choice: http://www.nytimes.com/1997/07/02/garden/the-250-cookie-recipe-exposed.html

They are SO freakin' good. I have some tricks up my sleeve to make it even more nutrition-dense and delicious.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Right now, neither. Boobs and pizza rule.

You're forgetting "I want to build up my booty". I don't even open those threads anymore.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,343 Member
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Right now, neither. Boobs and pizza rule.

You're forgetting "I want to build up my booty". I don't even open those threads anymore.

Wasn't it Ronnie Coleman who said "Everybody wanna be a Kardashian but nobody wanna do no heavy azz hip thrusts"?
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Stella3838 wrote: »
    Can you imagine the outrage about a "All I ate for weeks was cookies and still lost weight thread"? I say we go for it.

I'm not sure it's even necessary. People already think that's what we're promoting around here.

Like there's no middle ground. It's so weird.
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,158 Member
    Isn't it true for those of us older folks, we all did LC growing up. Not that it was called LC,

I can remember while loving sweets, still only occasionally getting something sweet, sweets were a rare treat. We, just as a normal part of life, ate one serving during meals. . . . .yes, the holidays were more like many ppl eat everyday today.

Does anyone else recall that being called greedy or a glutton wasn't bad manners and PC didn't exist?

I know younger ppl here have been told this and may not want to read it again but in many of our entire schools for k-8 there was perhaps, one obese boy or girl and in high school..perhaps 2 or 3....total.

Is it any wonder that ppl are going for ACV or Keto--vegetables & meat, what's so bad about that with them drizzled in delicious olive oil?
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    I'll still look at the occasional ACV thread. I stay out of the keto threads, it has no relevance to me. High fat with a bad gall bladder = pain, and some stupid asshat once told me it would cure something uncurable and I wanted to nutpunch him, so I stay away, just in case some other twit makes a similar claim.

I stay out of the keto threads for exactly the same reason. Every time some overeager low carber wants to cure my depression for me my blood pressure shoots up. At least ACV won't leave me on the toilet, pooping for days like a high fat diet does.

9dd8zldpz3xc.jpg

Gold Jerry - Gold!
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    fascha wrote: »
    CSARdiver wrote: »

My wife is the cookie mom for our troop - just saying. You do the marketing and I'll supply the crack...I mean cookies (same thing really).

You mean sugar is addictive? B)

what you never sucked *kitten* for a Snickers? pfffft

Dead.
  • nightengale7
    nightengale7 Posts: 563 Member
    Can you imagine the outrage about a "All I ate for weeks was cookies and still lost weight thread"? I say we go for it.

Reminds me of the thread about eating all those poptart varieties...that was pretty awesome as well!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,179 Member
    I noticed no threads about how severe calorie deficits squelch libido.
  • asilmegan34
    asilmegan34 Posts: 256 Member
    Moderate carb intake is different than the Keto fad, yes? For example, I am trying to keep my macros at 25% carbs, 40% fat and 35% protein.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member

Reminds me of the thread about eating all those poptart varieties...that was pretty awesome as well!

Spidey Berry FTW!

• GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Moderate carb intake is different than the Keto fad, yes? For example, I am trying to keep my macros at 25% carbs, 40% fat and 35% protein.

Keto is a lot higher fat than that.

If I tried to eat keto it would last one day. I'd never be able to leave the bathroom after that.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    edited March 2017

Keto is a lot higher fat than that.

If I tried to eat keto it would last one day. I'd never be able to leave the bathroom after that.

This is a common contention in the Keto arena, and one that I frankly find preposterous. I am in nutritional ketosis when running RFL, and my fat intake is near zero, other than fish oil caps. All the while I am hitting 250-300g of protein per day, mostly from chicken breast, which is able to cause a relatively high insulin response all on it's own. The "zomg protonz is too high, needs 80% fat" zealots make me want to throw a 45 at their emaciated *kitten*.