That AHA moment: What made you start?

Options
Uandi328
Uandi328 Posts: 19 Member
I might post this on the general board but was hoping to hear from those who have had some success with this journey.

So this is pretty straight forward. Please share the following:
1.What was the turning point for you? It's ok if it was a series of events

2. When did you start this journey?

3. Where are you now?

4. What keeps you going?

I can start:
1. I realised while shopping for lingerie for valentines day to surprise my husband that I kept looking for coveralls. Coveralls!!! For sexy lingerie. While I knew my DH wouldn't mind, I just knew that I would never be comfortable in my skin unless I took action. That did it for me.

2. Start date 2.13.17

3. Down 11.3 pounds in 7 weeks on the dot

4. Feeling lighter, looking healthier, feeling sexier and more confident and knowing that I'm investing in my future health. Each day I stick with this lifestyle is an extra day to hug and kiss my loved ones.

;)

Looking forward to hearing from the rest of you.

Replies

• Uandi328
    Options
    Turning Point: Being diagnosed with idiopathic intercranial hypertention (to much fluid on the brain due to slowed absorbtion rate -cause...drumroll.....being overweight). In addition to a series of uncontrolled health issues from and accident; I had to try and fix something I could change....and accept what I could not.

Started : March 26th 2015

Where I am now: down 80+ lbs and 40-50lbs to go.

What keeps me going: feeling better, hypertention is going away/gone, my beautiful children and amazing hubby....and just overall improvement in different areas. Life still isnt what it used to be but Im going to take the best of what ever I can and roll with the punches. :)

Wow!!! Truly inspiring.

If you don't mind my asking...how did they diagnose you? Is this the condition where they do a lumbar puncture to improve it? Are you all better now?

Sorry. I'm in a science nerd.

Btw...80 pounds!!! Rockstar.
  • Uandi328
    Options
    MeganAM89 wrote: »
    Uandi328 wrote: »
    I might post this on the general board but was hoping to hear from those who have had some success with this journey.

So this is pretty straight forward. Please share the following:

3. Where are you now?

4. What keeps you going?

1. I was getting married in December of 2016 and I saw a photo of me taken in August 2016 and I didn't like what I saw.

2. September 2016

3. I've lost 10 pounds. All I wanted to do was lose vanity weight and "tone" up and I'm well on my way there. I'm looking forward to having a summer of the best body of my life.

4. My husband and I would like to be pregnant by this time next year. So I want to keep going and stay healthy and I hope that we can achieve that.

I wish you the hottest body ever AND a beautiful baby or babies in 1-2 years. ;)
  • soufauxgirl
    soufauxgirl Posts: 392 Member
    Options

A persistent, nagging cough led me to a diabetes diagnosis. Sick of being tired, having sore feet and just being generally unwell.

Took the situation seriously in December 2015.

3. Where are you now?
    About 20-25 pounds from where I want to be have lost 70 pounds so far.

4. What keeps you going?

The fear of getting diabetes again (I reversed it) and not being a healthy energetic grandma in the very, very distant future lol
  • Kim_TX
    Kim_TX Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    1.What was the turning point for you? It's ok if it was a series of events.

My weight was out of control and I was the at my heaviest. I knew I had to do something and quick

March 2013

3. Where are you now?

25 pounds from my goal!!!

4. What keeps you going?

Being a role model to my 4 girls and I just want to look and feel good!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!