May 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• 9voice9
    9voice9 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    I'll go.... Umm 50... That's less than April but we have Alex's graduation and a bit of a vaca in Savannah GA.
    When you're in Georgia - give me a holler. It'd be fun to meet up for something. I'm in Macon/Warner Robins (middle of the state).
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    9voice9 wrote: »
    I'll go.... Umm 50... That's less than April but we have Alex's graduation and a bit of a vaca in Savannah GA.
    When you're in Georgia - give me a holler. It'd be fun to meet up for something. I'm in Macon/Warner Robins (middle of the state).

Sounds great!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »

We were close to picking Savannah for a road trip this summer but instead we're going to the Outer Banks of NC. And the Smoky Mountains.

Of course, this will involve trail running. I'm hoping to talk my boys into going with me.

Aww. "Missed it by that much".

Savannah is close to Ft Benning and on the coast. DH wants to see the Atlantic. I think there are acceptable​ (potential running trails) for me. Then we're (supposed to be) saving for Rome or something of the sort.

• hanlonsk
    hanlonsk Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Ummm my May is looking a bit crazy. But mostly because my best friend/running buddy is a bit crazy.

May 6th Greenland Trail Races- (8 mile edition)
    May 20th??? I think??? - said friend has us roped into a 5k of some kind
    May 29 Bolder Boulder 10K
    June 4 (still practically May, right??) Mickelson Trail (half)marathon

Unless I decide to eek out 7 miles after driving for 6 hours tomorrow, I will fall a bit short of April's 100 miles. Which is fairly impressive given how random that number truly was. But shooting for it has been good motivation. So, I shall try it again.

100 miles for May.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    snowyne wrote: »
    I'm really happy I discovered this group a few months ago -- it's done wonders for my motivation & running education! I'm down for another 100 miles in May! B)
    Glad you found us! Keep up the great running!
  • Bakins929
    Bakins929 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 65 this month. Barely made 60 in April, so hope May will be better.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    @juliet3455 I'd rather like having a photo showing me finishing with the time behind me anyway!!
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    I've got 121 miles planned leading up to my half marathon on 5/27. I'll likely get in more miles in the remaining four days after, but leaving my goal at 120 miles leaves me a little bit of a buffer if I need it, so 120 miles it is.
    Great decision! It's great to see you fully back in it!