May 2017 Running Challenge

Replies

• MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    This sounds like just the thing to get me back into a routine! I'm shooting for 80 miles.

Welcome. It's a great group of people here. If you have any running questions, there are some amazingly experienced runners on here. They've taught me a lot.
  • MNLittleFinn
    edited April 2017
    @JessicaMcB My last 18 mile training run for my 6/17 Marathon is on 05/28, so i would say that, if you don't go all out you might be ok.... oh course with a race name like Mountain Madness I guess all bets are off?

Oh, and I'm still in awe of you run long a 50k training run for a 42k race.... I'm jealous, I know I couldn't run that far.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    I feel like @juliet3455 will probably have good input on Mountain Madness since it's in GC but it's supposed to be a rough trail race @MNLittleFinn. But running...lol
  • MNLittleFinn
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    I feel like @juliet3455 will probably have good input on Mountain Madness since it's in GC but it's supposed to be a rough trail race @MNLittleFinn. But running...lol
    LOL... I know that!
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    In for 50 miles again. I have planned 2 half marathons this month. So will have 2 tapering weeks.
  • iofred
    iofred Posts: 488 Member
    exercise.png
  • phumy_healthyhabits
    phumy_healthyhabits Posts: 19 Member
    100miles/160kms for me
  • 07KatieP13
    07KatieP13 Posts: 220 Member
    After another unwanted break from running I'm back on it this month. My goal is to just run 5 times a week, not bothered about distance
  • MNLittleFinn
    @SweetSassyJen welcome to the monthly running challenge. This is a great place for us new runners. The experienced folks are great and always willing to answer questions.
  • megfarm
    megfarm Posts: 8 Member
    I'm aiming for 40 miles!
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    @MNLittleFinn - thanks! I have a good feeling too even though it will be a crazy busy month - as will June and July!
    @iofred - lazy is the last thing you are when it comes to exercise!
    @judithanne013 - Lots of us (me!) started with C25K. I did it in 2014 and became quite addicted. ;) Welcome!

I love it when the 1st falls on a running day for me! Yay tomorrow!
  • Franacious
    Franacious Posts: 54 Member
    You are all so inspiring! ❤
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    edited May 2017
    Need shoe help!

Running shoe question... It took me forever to find a running shoe that I was comfortable in. I have old lady feet: a really narrow heel and a bunion (so I need a wide toe box). I finally found a pair that works when coupled with a nifty "heel slip" lacing technique someone showed me.

I have been wearing New Balance 880v6. I am on my forth pair with 450 miles on them and they are now discontinued. New Balance has a 880v7 but I don't know how it's different? I am about to bite the bullet and order a pair. Do the shoe companies usually drastically change the shoe between versions?