• MissMaggieMuffin
    MissMaggieMuffin Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Goal for May is 60 km.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Need shoe help!

Running shoe question... It took me forever to find a running shoe that I was comfortable in. I have old lady feet: a really narrow heel and a bunion (so I need a wide toe box). I finally found a pair that works when coupled with a nifty "heel slip" lacing technique someone showed me.

I have been wearing New Balance 880v6. I am on my forth pair with 450 miles on them and they are now discontinued. New Balance has a 880v7 but I don't know how it's different? I am about to bite the bullet and order a pair. Do the shoe companies usually drastically change the shoe between versions?

I'd look at the specs online and compare. USUALLY, there are minor improvements to the next seasons shoe, seams, fabric, better materials in the foot bed ect...

We use roadrunner.com (USA) to buy most of our shoes. They have a money back guarantee so after you've run in them for 2 weeks they will still exchange/refund them. I think it's 30 days actually. I sent a pair back I had about 60 miles on- no problems.

I've never had a bad pair of New balance shoes. If the same goes for you, I say try them out.

Or, ya know if you buy them and hate them, drop them in the donation bin.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Lynzdee18 wrote: »
    Okay. :)

I just started running last fall. Did my first 5k mid March.

I'm in. Starting gradually. I'll try three 5k runs a week for May. So I guess that's 60k.

Since I'm back home in northern Canada and the black bears are out of hibernation and a neighbour down our road has a nasty dog, I'm stuck on the dreadmill... already I'm longing for my community running path in Arizona where I spend my winters. :'(

Whereabouts are you @Lynzdee18 ? I'm in a "wild-ish" part of Alberta (lol) and I still get out almost on the daily if it makes you feel any better. Maybe see if you can find a good trail running group in your area! I'm grateful for mine when I want to run areas on bear advisory (read: Wilmore, always Wilmore -_- )
  • chichidachimp
    chichidachimp Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Count me in for 100mi in May!! Can't wait!
  • itsmedonnab56
    itsmedonnab56 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    where do we log in our times/minutes? thx
  • SweetSassyJen
    SweetSassyJen Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Day 1 - scheduled rest day (Mondays and Fridays are for me)
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    5/1 - 5.1 miles. Fizzled a bit at the end of April, but good start to May.
  • kateinnakajima2016
    kateinnakajima2016 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new. I'm in on this challenge. I am aiming for 30 miles this month, just a couple of very short runs a week. Cheers :)
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    where do we log in our times/minutes? thx
    Just post them right here. I usually "quote" my prior post to keep all the prior data and just add the new entry. Like this...

5/1 - 1 mile
    5/2 - 2 miles
    5/3 - 3 miles...
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    @lynzdee18 - welcome! Well, you won't miss the heat of Arizona in the summer for running! Too bad you can't find a place to run outdoors though. I visited Canada last summer (Banff, Victoria, etc.) and it was awesome running in those temps. I was blissfully unaware there were bears around until our drive from Banff down to Portland, OR when we passed many on the roads.

4 miles in very humid conditions at 4:30am. Wow, I was soaked when I got home, but felt good. Going to gym for strength training after work and might do a yoga class as well. They have it on Mondays and I can never do it because that is a grading night for online classes I teach, but I don't have a class this semester, so may give it a go.

5/1 - 4 miles

exercise.png
  • garygse
    garygse Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    @kristinegift Welcome back!!!

@iofred Good luck with your race today!

Kicking May off to a good start. This morning was a little chillier compared to more recent temps, but it made for near perfect running conditions.

01 - 13.50

Total: 13.50 / 225 miles
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Won't be able to go on my run until later, but I'm in for 360 minutes this month :) Hopefully by next month I'll be able to track some miles!
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    5.1.17 - 5.7.17 - Continue taper for 3 marathons over 4 weeks.

M -
    T -
    W -
    T -
    F -
    S -
    S - Flying Pig Marathon, Cincinnati OH.
    Total - miles for the week