Biggest loser, water challenge

Options
zlouise8
zlouise8 Posts: 29 Member
edited August 2017 in Challenges
Hi everyone going to do the dreaded weekly weight ins as well as water intact in this one challenge so the idea is post pictures or share how many you have taken in a day and then on the weekly weigh in days (pictures ideal not needed) we can see who have lost most that week and list them as our biggest loser that week (nicest possible way of calling someone a loser) good job we all looking to lose some would take offence lol so let's get started this Monday coming for 4 weeks who's in???? Water intake is to drink at least 500ml water every day but ideally aim for 4 bottles of 500ml water :)
I of course am and will posting my starting weight Monday hope everyone else joins me it's fun challenge xx

Replies

• morganlonsdale
    morganlonsdale Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm in
  • RedSierra
    RedSierra Posts: 253 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    zlouise8 wrote: »
    Water intake is to drink at least 500ml water every day but ideally aim for 4 bottles of 500ml water :)

Why 500 ml a day? Or 4 bottles of 500 ml water? That would be deadly.

I drink about 5 bottles of 16.9 ml water in a day. That comes out to be about 84.5 ml water in a day.

If I drank 500 ml of water in a day, that would be almost 30 bottles of my 16.9 ml containers.

You're asking people to drink 500 x 4 = 2000 ml in a day?

You mean well, but what you're asking could be dangerous or deadly.

• zlouise8
    Options

RedSierra wrote: »
    Water intake is to drink at least 500ml water every day but ideally aim for 4 bottles of 500ml water :)

Why 500 ml a day? Or 4 bottles of 500 ml water? That would be deadly.

You're asking people to drink 500 x 4 = 2000 ml in a day?

You mean well, but what you're asking could be dangerous or deadly.

Ok my thought process were we are recommended by the NHS to have 2 litres of water a day= 8 glasses water they say!

So my sports bottle holds 500ml which is 2 glasses of water 250ml, so I figure late at night in my attempt to encourage myself to have more water I need to have the 8 glasses of water a day that would mean 4 of my bottles a day so wasn't meant to be a post to be deadly drinking water it were a post to drink more water as we lose so much.

Maybe my glasses should only be about 200ml and not 250ml then I might of worked it out better to be around 2-3 rather than 4 but this is a challenge for just 7 days people will drink what they need and want it wasn't meant to be a deadly post just my simple maths late at night told me:- 500ml is 2 glasses I need 8 glasses a day recommended so i needed to have more bottles of 500ml to get the glasses I needed a day.....

Problem solved :smile:

So anyone doing the challenge this money with the weekly weight ins want to change it in light of the info given that's fine by me I honestly wasn't trying to kill anyone so how many bottles shall we all do fitness pals??? X
  • sarah30isael
    sarah30isael Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Actually you are right @zlouise8 your measurements are correct... I think @RedSierra got the measurement wrong and it's probably a 16.9 ONCE bottle cause 16.9ml isn't even a full cup... good luck with the challenge tho. I would join in but I hate pictures lol
  • zlouise8
    Options
    Actually you are right @zlouise8 your measurements are correct... I think @RedSierra got the measurement wrong and it's probably a 16.9 ONCE bottle cause 16.9ml isn't even a full cup... good luck with the challenge tho. I would join in but I hate pictures lol

Thanks Hun I were thinking I were right lol and you don't need to do pictures if you don't want to I should of said that as I understand for some people they don't like pictures xx
  • sarah30isael
    Options
    Ok then count me in lol
  • zlouise8
    Options
    Yeahhh we start Monday I will post my first weight :/ no laughing and then let you all know how I get on with my bottles of water :)
  • sarah30isael
    Options
    I don't have a scale so I will post my gut measurement to be fair lol
  • zlouise8
    Options
    That's fine Hun what ever you feel comfortable doing even if you just want to post about the water each day and how many you managed with out the weigh in that's fine Hun as my partner won't do the water but he will do the weigh in xx
  • zlouise8
    Options
    Anyone know what this is about???
  • 40lbslighter
    40lbslighter Posts: 479 Member
    Options

May have been done by a/the person who mistook ounces for mL. No judgment, or pointing fingers, just a guess.
  • zlouise8
    Options

May have been done by a/the person who mistook ounces for mL. No judgment, or pointing fingers, just a guess.

Thanks I guess it is but don't see why he reported me when I only answered his question wasn't abusive x
  • Talamahmoud
    Talamahmoud Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am in :)))
  • 40lbslighter
    40lbslighter Posts: 479 Member
    Options

Thanks I guess it is but don't see why he reported me when I only answered his question wasn't abusive x

More along the lines of someone thinking the challenge itself was abusive/harmful if promoting 2000 OUNCES of water consumption daily. Again, just a guess.

Don't sweat it. =)

Carry on! <3
  • sarah30isael
    Options
    So it's Monday I measured my gut 43 inches lol
  • cjsacto
    cjsacto Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I need this challenge, I don't drink nearly enough water and I live in a desert climate. Sometimes all I have until I get home from work at 5:30 is one travel mug of tea. I'm doing well on food, but I'm tired a lot and I think more water would really help me. I don't even log my water but I'll start!
  • lavernicat
    lavernicat Posts: 7 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Joining! Because I need around 2L or more water each day anyway (medical reasons) but sometimes I'm too lazy to drink. I have a 1L bottle with me everyday and I just tell myself I need to finish 2 of those, which makes it seem easier. Good luck, everyone! :)
  • krea4
    krea4 Posts: 1,813 Member
    Options
    I'm in.
    The last 3 weeks I have been drinking a lot more water.
    Monday 28th - 4x500ml (141.2 lbs)
  • Matt82999
    Matt82999 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    67 kg but will probably fail the water part I don't drink any I enjoy fizzy drinks to much
  • zlouise8
    Options
    Day one I failed oops lol but I've weighed myself today picture attached and I'm going to get theses 4 bottles in me today feeling determined report later xx well done everyone that's done so far xx