JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    2. Studio time :):D Finished the quilting! Back is sore but quilt is showable at guild and then ready to bind. And yes @joan6630 and others I will post a picture. :smile:

YES ... please show us!! I am working on a star quilt ... using nothing but scraps. I love how it is turning out .... sewing the rows together now! The best therapy in the world!

I am a new quilter...just finishing up a baby quilt. I would love to see both of y'all's handiwork!
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    I can't even remember if I posted last nite, but reposting again.
    Goals today are very simple

1. log all food
    2. put a pitcher of water in the refrig ... and empty it today. (I am going to use a smaller pitcher, to start out with just 6 cups, per @toaljasa suggestion. (THank you for that suggestion to start out small).
    3. drink a glass of water everytime I go in the refrig
    4. evaluate everything I eat, and ask myself if the calories are worth it
    5. lay out gym clothes for tomorrow morning. With this single digit temps, I am having a hard time wanting to go to the gym in the morning. Have to get this good habit back ... no excuses
    6. get back on here tomorrow. be accountable.

@tashawitt - thank you so much for sharing your tips for a healthier you. SO many good suggestions - I love the pinterest idea! One thing my husband and I are trying to do is before he comes to the table, I put our food on our plates - kinda like in a restaurant, but portioned better. Then I put anything else in the refrig.... in tupperware containers. That way it is much harder to reach for seconds.

My problem is that I do great at every meal. Hubby is surprised that I even have a weight problem. Thats because I eat in private way too much. Snacking while hubby is downstairs, grabbing junk while I am sewing. This is my biggest hurdle ... I easily eat 600-800 calories... some nites even more ... just in the evenings, which are my hardest time. SO this is my biggest habit that I have got to change.

You have spurred me on! I am going to mentally add "no more eating after 8pm" to my JFT. And, I am declaring it here, I guess, lol...I will not eat after 8pm tonight. And tomorrow it goes on my JFT list. Thanks!

Peace and joy.
  • yogswife
    yogswife Posts: 10 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    toaljasa wrote : Welcome! I am new since the New Year. It is very encouraging and supportive. I struggle with water, too, and like you, I started out with just a few glasses jft. Now, I am up to 7-8 cups a day! I still only jft 5-6 cups, but I've busted through that for about 5 days in a row, I think. It's good to start smaller and work your way up...I always tried to start with 8 right out of the bingo box, and then two days later, I'm like, "I'm so done with that, lol!" One thing that has helped is to keep a glass that equals around 1 cup out in the open near the fridge. I'm training myself to get a cup full each time I walk through the kitchen. This has helped...as well as drinking a cup first thing in the morning :) Anyway, just wanted to let you know there is a fellow water struggler on here!

Thank you so much. I love the idea of drinking a cup each time I walk through. I am going to try that!! Thanks for all the great advice :)
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,198 Member
    Options
    6. Complete all learning habits: Duolingo ✔, piano practice ❌, blog post ✔ (Five Things That Make Me Smile), script review. ✔

I LOVE reading your blog!! I have lots of reading to catch up on .... but love todays! Thank you for sharing it.
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Quick question...what is a NSV? I've seen it mentioned on here a couple times recently, but can figure out what it stands for.

Non-Scale Victory. There's an entire thread devoted to NSVs, and I love it. Great for inspiration.

Thanks!! I like that, I'll have to look at the thread. I can always use some good inspiration!!