JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    @MLHC1 Thanks for the tip on Kodiak Cakes. I've already googled where I might buy it around here. @OConnell5483, it's at Target and Festival Foods. :smile:

@junodog1 Best wishes at your new job! Hope all goes well for you today. :smiley:
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »

The prenatal massage was a huge blessing :joy: My muscles are much happier now!! Also, my Kodiak Power Muffins worked well.....when I woke up during the night, I ate one and drank some propel. (I did this twice.) This morning I'm feeling much better!! I guess I've reached the point where this little guy needs snacks throughout the night :lol: Well, I'm looking forward to the day today, hopefully it will be productive and positive!!

What are Kodiak Power Muffins? Something you buy or something you baked? I'm intrigued.... :)

You buy the mix and bake the muffins :smile: The recipe calls for bananas so I also like to add pecans to mine!

hnjg110ls0bn.jpg
    kf5za3i4gzv2.jpg

really wish they were gluten free.
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 , how are you feeling?
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    sdmlr wrote: »
    I didn't stay within goal but I didn't totally binge. One day at a time.

Good for you. We are all needing progress and that's what you had!

Peace and joy.
  • toaljasa
    Options
    Pshizzo wrote: »
    JFT

Thanks for letting me crash your discussion thread!

Welcome! Looking forward to hearing how you did JFT!
  • toaljasa
    Options
    missheidi wrote: »
    Soooo, I haven't been on this board long enough for you to notice my absence the last *cough* four days. It. Was. Bad. And the scale this morning showed it. :(

So, I'm back. Much chagrined.
    JFT:
    Log everything
    stay green in calories and carbs (under 30?)
    80 oz water
    swim 1000 yards--challenge bc it's freaking cold out. Hard to convince myself to get in water when it's so cold outside. Although, the hot tub or steam is certainly an incentive...
    Tonight is crochet/knitting group at church. I'm done with my last crochet project and want to try to learn to knit. again.

Okay, Miss Heidi, I am going to be watching you, lol! Actually, I'm going to be watching for you and hope you keep coming back. I want to encourage you, and myself, that even if there's a horrible, terrible, no good very bad day, to show up here anyway. In fact, I'm going to make that one of my JFT's: to just show up. I've seen posts here where there's a big ol x on almost every goal...it happens. But, maybe, if we purpose to show up every day, no matter what, we can break the chain of bad days before it starts.

I've only been on here a little over two weeks but I can tell you it is a guilt free zone. It's an honest zone, but with that honesty comes encouragement, suggestions, empathy. In other words, we are all walking this road together, picking each other up, cheering one another on, or sitting next to someone while they catch their breath. (Glad to see you return :)

Peace and joy.
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    @MLHC1 Thanks for the tip on Kodiak Cakes. I've already googled where I might buy it around here. @OConnell5483, it's at Target and Festival Foods. :smile:

@junodog1 Best wishes at your new job! Hope all goes well for you today. :smiley:

Awesome!! The original ones are good for pancakes, waffles, blueberry muffins and power muffins (recipe on the back). If you like peanut butter, you will definitely like the peanut butter mix also. I accidently picked up the peanut butter mix once and now the family always wants them in the house for the occasional peanut butter pancake. :lol:
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options

The prenatal massage was a huge blessing :joy: My muscles are much happier now!! Also, my Kodiak Power Muffins worked well.....when I woke up during the night, I ate one and drank some propel. (I did this twice.) This morning I'm feeling much better!! I guess I've reached the point where this little guy needs snacks throughout the night :lol: Well, I'm looking forward to the day today, hopefully it will be productive and positive!!

What are Kodiak Power Muffins? Something you buy or something you baked? I'm intrigued.... :)

You buy the mix and bake the muffins :smile: The recipe calls for bananas so I also like to add pecans to mine!

really wish they were gluten free.

They do make Gluten Free ones!!

0td3twlmht25.jpg
    5lryp631if6r.jpg
  • toaljasa
    Options
    Checking in from Monday:

Goal for 1/22: 175. Today: 178. I hate having to dial my goals back, but I'm hungry ALL the damned time, and while 1.5 lb/week OUGHT to be sustainable at my current weight (it's < 1%, right?) I just can't seem to make it work.

Lot of Xs yesterday, but I did some of the ? things, particularly the visit with my parents, which took up a good chunk of time. Totally worth the tradeoff. My dad's having some heart issues - nothing serious, and I'm glad he's getting it checked, but definitely a reminder to me that forever is unfortunately not on the table. Overall I felt like it was a good-full day, you know? I'm going to prioritize writing and piano practice today, since they've been on the X-list a lot more than the check-list!

I'm so sorry you are frustrated---and it is frustrating. Have you taken a moment to evaluate what you are eating? When you stop eating? How much water you are drinking? Are your goals realistic? etc...that really helped me recently when I wasn't losing anything...

Also, it is true, about visiting your parents. Enjoy the time you have with them.

Virtual hug.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    My stomach has been so sore today, like my actual stomach, anything I eat or drink (even water) makes it hurt for a little bit after as soon as if reached it, it feels very tender and sensitive.

Pretty sure it's not baby-related but was wondering if anyone has had this before (it's possible I've ate something dodgy yesterday but I've not felt sick at all but do feel "off") and what can i do to soothe it? I tried peppermint tea this morning but it didnt really help, like I said even water makes it hurt?

The days nearly over here but any advice is welcomed!

I would check with the dr. Better to be safe at this stage in your pregnancy.

Yeah I think you’re right, now I’m thinking it could be the baby because all my organs are basically crushed now lol!
    Going to go on Friday I think..
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    Soooo, I haven't been on this board long enough for you to notice my absence the last *cough* four days. It. Was. Bad. And the scale this morning showed it. :(

So, I'm back. Much chagrined.
    JFT:
    Log everything
    stay green in calories and carbs (under 30?)
    80 oz water
    swim 1000 yards--challenge bc it's freaking cold out. Hard to convince myself to get in water when it's so cold outside. Although, the hot tub or steam is certainly an incentive...
    Tonight is crochet/knitting group at church. I'm done with my last crochet project and want to try to learn to knit. again.

Aha!
    I knew someone was missing I just couldn’t think who lol it’s definitely been quieter the last few days!!

And now I know it’s you I’ll be watching hahahah
    You should ask @joan6630 what I’m like with her haha she can’t get away with nothing!!

It’s good you came back though :)

What crochet project have you just finished :)?
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    Checking in from Monday:

Goal for 1/22: 175. Today: 178. I hate having to dial my goals back, but I'm hungry ALL the damned time, and while 1.5 lb/week OUGHT to be sustainable at my current weight (it's < 1%, right?) I just can't seem to make it work.

Lot of Xs yesterday, but I did some of the ? things, particularly the visit with my parents, which took up a good chunk of time. Totally worth the tradeoff. My dad's having some heart issues - nothing serious, and I'm glad he's getting it checked, but definitely a reminder to me that forever is unfortunately not on the table. Overall I felt like it was a good-full day, you know? I'm going to prioritize writing and piano practice today, since they've been on the X-list a lot more than the check-list!

I'm so sorry you are frustrated---and it is frustrating. Have you taken a moment to evaluate what you are eating? When you stop eating? How much water you are drinking? Are your goals realistic? etc...that really helped me recently when I wasn't losing anything...

Also, it is true, about visiting your parents. Enjoy the time you have with them.

Virtual hug.

The biggest challenge for me is the goal. I've heard both that a 1% loss weekly (which for me would be 1.78 lb) is reasonable, but also that your rate of loss slows down the more you lose, and that once you get within 20 lbs. of your target weight, .5 lb/week is reasonable. But the thing is, I'm really not sure what my end target is going to be. Right now I'm aiming for 150... ish. But I really don't know whether that's actually a good target weight for me! At my height, apparently anything from 140-206 falls in the "normal BMI" range.

So since I'm already IN the normal BMI range, maybe I should be shooting for less than 1% loss/week? I just don't really know. But I'm going to try for a 1 lb loss/week and see if I'm more successful.

We'll see how that goes ;D
  • toaljasa
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    Checking in from Monday:

Virtual hug.

The biggest challenge for me is the goal. I've heard both that a 1% loss weekly (which for me would be 1.78 lb) is reasonable, but also that your rate of loss slows down the more you lose, and that once you get within 20 lbs. of your target weight, .5 lb/week is reasonable. But the thing is, I'm really not sure what my end target is going to be. Right now I'm aiming for 150... ish. But I really don't know whether that's actually a good target weight for me! At my height, apparently anything from 140-206 falls in the "normal BMI" range.

So since I'm already IN the normal BMI range, maybe I should be shooting for less than 1% loss/week? I just don't really know. But I'm going to try for a 1 lb loss/week and see if I'm more successful.

We'll see how that goes ;D

That's a good idea, to tweak your weekly weight loss goal. I want to encourage you to focus on the process, JFT, and hopefully doing that plus lowering your weekly weight loss goal will get things moving in the right direction.

I used to balk at the idea of "only losing .5-1 lbs/week." But this time, I am listening to that bit of advice--my weekly goal is .5lb/wk. I've surpassed that since I started Dec. 2 but I know it will slow down here in a bit. The thing is, if I concentrate on my process, I will make progress...and will be 20lbs less in 10 months...that's about two dress sizes! And 10 months will be knocking at my door in no time. (you may very well have to copy and paste this back to me in the next few months, lol!!)
  • Pkov123
    Pkov123 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Hi I want to exercise today by doing workout video
    Btw - the woo button means you disagree, just letting you guys know
  • Pkov123
    Pkov123 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I will try to do walking workout
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    edited January 2018