JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I only have 5 minutes before my next meeting. This has been a busy week! I love it! I'm learning so much in this new job!

Just for Thursday:
    • JOURNAL EVERY BITE
    • < 29 g sugar
    • < 75 g carbs
    • <HYDRATE with WATER
    • Activity. Stay on treadmill longer than last time. Even a minute is more.
    • Lift hand weights. 10 reps each set
    • Be grateful. Be patient. Be kind even to myself.
    • Read in my different books I have going and journal in gratitude journal.
    • Listen to Optimal Living Daily and Optimal Health Daily podcasts.
    • Take a real lunch today and leave the building. Get some fresh air.
    • Prep for tomorrow, tonight.
    • Be in bed by 9:00 pm and sleeping at 10.
    • Get up without hitting snooze!!!

Have a great day!

I like your attitude "even a minute is more." That is so true, and I often discount the smallest change that could actually end up making such a big impact.

Peace and joy!
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Water :)
    2. Bake for guild mtg :)
    3. Meeting :)
    4. Pick up repair :)
    5. Brush and floss :#
    6. Bed by 10:30 :/ missed by 1/2 hour AGAIN

JFT Thursday
    1. Water
    2. Laundry
    3. Binding for Mark's quilt
    4. Research coffee pots
    5. Part for vacuum
    6. Brush and floss
    7. Bed by 10:30
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,222 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    I’ve had acid reflux since 3am.
    All I’ve had all day is milk milk and more milk!

I moaned to my partner, he had no sympathy, he said I shouldn’t of ate all the M&Ms last night :lol:

So not that it’s relevant but I’m in the green today woohoo??

So sorry your still not feeling well. Hey ... tell hubby when your pregnant, M&Ms are OK ( but only because you are pregnant ;) )
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,100 Member
    Options
    sdmlr wrote: »
    I am out of control. Today is the day to take that back. I stepped on the scale today. The only way I know to reset my brain is to post my weight to you all. I don't ever so this out of fear, but here it goes. I weighed 194.4. I am 5'3" and my mom died with cancer and congestive heart failure that she hid from us in 2015. I don't want to end up that way, so I am leaning on you guys for accountability and thank you in advance.

First steps and all that!
    You won’t find judgement here.

I’m so sorry about your Mum, I’m sure she wouldn’t want the same for you either!
    So let’s get you where you need to be!
    Do you have a goal weight in mind?
    Or any short term goals?
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    @Bex953172 - I feel for you. My youngest son weighed over 9 pounds, and those last 2 months were awful ... especially trying to sleep. I am sure everything is fine .... just normal pregnancy stuff .... but like @missheidi said, it is always good to mention all this to your doctor to be sure. You rest as much as you can.

And YES .... you are the best diet coach!! But you just wait .... come April ..... I'll be watching you ;)

Well I’m 34 weeks today, my growth scan last week estimated the baby to be about 4lb 1. But even that buts baby on the 10th percentile which is the low end of average baby size so I think all in all I’m looking at a 6/7lb baby again! So I don’t know why it’s so uncomfortable this time!

I can see my tummy moving from the outside now, which is pretty cool lol my partner finds it creepy haha

Anyway I’ve also just been sent to sleep on the sofa again! Acid reflux making me cough!
    It’s like 3.45am lol!! All I’ve got now is the rabbit banging his feet in his cage! Yay for me!

Fortunately milk has helped with the reflux!

Lol. My first was 3'10". He was the early one. Second one at full term was still a couple grams short of 5'. I'm not good at growing the babies.
  • Bex953172
    Options
    missheidi wrote: »
    @Bex953172 - I feel for you. My youngest son weighed over 9 pounds, and those last 2 months were awful ... especially trying to sleep. I am sure everything is fine .... just normal pregnancy stuff .... but like @missheidi said, it is always good to mention all this to your doctor to be sure. You rest as much as you can.

And YES .... you are the best diet coach!! But you just wait .... come April ..... I'll be watching you ;)

Well I’m 34 weeks today, my growth scan last week estimated the baby to be about 4lb 1. But even that buts baby on the 10th percentile which is the low end of average baby size so I think all in all I’m looking at a 6/7lb baby again! So I don’t know why it’s so uncomfortable this time!

I can see my tummy moving from the outside now, which is pretty cool lol my partner finds it creepy haha

Anyway I’ve also just been sent to sleep on the sofa again! Acid reflux making me cough!
    It’s like 3.45am lol!! All I’ve got now is the rabbit banging his feet in his cage! Yay for me!

Lol. My first was 3'10". He was the early one. Second one at full term was still a couple grams short of 5'. I'm not good at growing the babies.

3.10! Awh how tiny! How long did he have to spend in special care?

My smallest was 6lb 6. And she was classed as a small baby. (Which is why I get growth scans now) She didn’t feel small! Haha my eldest was 7.10! And she’s big now for a 4 year old lol!
    She’s gonna be a teenager before I know it!

She starts school in September! :scream:
  • Bex953172
    Options
    sdmlr wrote: »
    Thank you all and my goal weight is 150 and I my goal for the rest of today is to log everything. Tomorrow my goal is to get back on my treadmill.

That’s brilliant!
    I wish I had a treadmill lol!
  • missheidi
    Options

My smallest was 6lb 6. And she was classed as a small baby. (Which is why I get growth scans now) She didn’t feel small! Haha my eldest was 7.10! And she’s big now for a 4 year old lol!

He was born may 27 and came home June 18. His due date was July 9. He still a shrimp at 13. Has Asperger's and some sensory issues so he doesn't eat very well.
  • missheidi
    Options
    If anyone sees the truck I've been run over by, please let me know. :o
  • Bex953172
    Options

He was born may 27 and came home June 18. His due date was July 9. He still a shrimp at 13. Has Asperger's and some sensory issues so he doesn't eat very well.

My auntie was told she couldn’t have kids, miraculously got pregnant, had pre-e and gave birth at 27 weeks! I think he was about 2lb?
    And he’s now 17? I think lol and he’s still small too! But no other issues as far as I’m aware!

Does he have mild Aspergers or is it quite severe? There’s like a whole spectrum isn’t there on how badly you can be affected, if at all!
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    1/17 Wednesday JFT:

✔▪Regular morning routine for kids
    ✔▪Breakfast w/ hubby
    ✔▪Prepare slow cooker meal for dinner
    ✔▪Bake banana-nut bread for Dad
    [Have to do this ⬆️ bananas are ready!!]
    ❌▪Work on Research Abstract
    ✔▪Lunch
    ✔▪Mailbox
    ✔▪Run by WM
    ✔▪Pick up doc. from OBGYN office
    ✔▪Finalize parking permit for 3rd trimester
    ✔▪Pick up kiddos early from school
    ✔▪Medical School Grad. Tour & Dinner
    [Family is having slow cooker meal]
    ✔▪Bedtime by 10 pm

Yesterday wore me out. I was at the Medical school for 3.5 hours. The tour took about 2 hrs so I definitely got my exercise in yesterday. Straight walking, up and down stairs throughout the whole school! It was awesome but by the time we made it to dinner, I was tired. Lol!! I accomplished a ton yesterday but I did not get any work done on my research abstract.

1/18 Thursday JFT:

✔▪Regular morning routine for kids
    ✔▪Breakfast w/ hubby
    ✔▪Meeting at Lab, review research work
    [On campus ➡️✔20 min. walking]
    ✔▪Lunch
    ✔▪Rest ~ 20 min.
    ✔▪Regular afternoon routine for kids
    ✔▪Pick up teen from track
    ✔▪Prepare Dinner
    ✔▪Dinner by 7 pm
    ▪Bedtime by 10 pm➡️maybe earlier

I'm a bit tired today so I plan to get to bed as soon as possible. I want to be rested so I can be productive tomorrow and get back to my exercise routine.

I'm proud of everyone for sticking with it!! The JFT posts are incredible. I know we all have days we struggle but that is why you focus one day at a time, so you can pick up and start fresh the next day.

Welcome to ALL the newbies
  • toaljasa
    Options
    Recap W 1/17

Usually don't go to Settings, so didn't think of that. Done! Fiber now easily tracked. :smiley: Thanks for the tip @clicketykeys!

Got my fiber amount on there, too. Thanks, Clicketykeys for the how-to...and thanks Cschmitz for the reminder (I think, lol). I hadn't even thought of it...and I am seeing that I've got to change my eating to get more fiber in.
  • toaljasa
    Options
    jdelaroy wrote: »
    Hi everyone, It looks like you guys are all doing a fantastic job.

I had a pretty good day yesterday. Except I was freaking tired.

You had a GREAT day yesterday getting in all your goals! That's fantastic. Could you be tired because you are cutting out the sugar (don't know if you are cutting out a large amount) and your body is trying to adjust? Just a thought.

Keep up the great work...10 cups of water...I am impressed :)