Weekly weigh-in

Starting weight Jan 3, 2018: 176.0
    Aiming at 150ish

Progress so far:
    Jan 17: 175.4
    Jan 10: 174.8
    Jan 3: 176.0

January goals
    Under 175. Less would be better but I'm aiming low as I have a couple of birthdays.
    Finish Mark's quilt and mail off.
    Medication on track. I tend to forget a dose when unscheduled things pop up and then don't feel well.
    Continue, from before seasonal challenges, decluttering entry.
    Accountability.

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    @MLHC1 Thanks for the tip on Kodiak Cakes. I've already googled where I might buy it around here. @OConnell5483, it's at Target and Festival Foods. :smile:

@junodog1 Best wishes at your new job! Hope all goes well for you today. :smiley:

THANK YOU! Both @MLHC1 and @cschmitz110515 ! I have never seen these and am going to try them. :smile:
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    missheidi wrote: »
    Soooo, I haven't been on this board long enough for you to notice my absence the last *cough* four days. It. Was. Bad. And the scale this morning showed it. :(

So, I'm back. Much chagrined.
    JFT:
    Log everything
    stay green in calories and carbs (under 30?)
    80 oz water
    swim 1000 yards--challenge bc it's freaking cold out. Hard to convince myself to get in water when it's so cold outside. Although, the hot tub or steam is certainly an incentive...
    Tonight is crochet/knitting group at church. I'm done with my last crochet project and want to try to learn to knit. again.

Aha!
    I knew someone was missing I just couldn’t think who lol it’s definitely been quieter the last few days!!

And now I know it’s you I’ll be watching hahahah
    You should ask @joan6630 what I’m like with her haha she can’t get away with nothing!!

It’s good you came back though :)

What crochet project have you just finished :)?

I can vouch for that! @Bex953172 is our very own little watch dog! She always knows what's up!! :wink: And she's a good one to cheer you on and a good one to kick you in the butt when you need a little nudge... LOL! (((BEX)))
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Pkov123 wrote: »
    Btw - the woo button means you disagree, just letting you guys know

Woo can be either (1) cheer or (2) too good to be true. Wish I could find the original MFP post, but can't.
    So what's the "Woo" button mean? Some people think it's a cheer and some people think it's like "woowoo" or false beliefs.....
    I grew up with Woo-hoo. Used it all my life. I never knew it could be negative.

I use "woo" as in woo-hoo (cheer). I think people on JFT thread are using it that way, too. MFP took away the "awesome" which I miss, because Like just isn't good enough.
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Pkov123 wrote: »

I use "woo" as in woo-hoo (cheer). I think people on JFT thread are using it that way, too. MFP took away the "awesome" which I miss, because Like just isn't good enough.

I agree...I think this thread takes it to be woo-hoo! At least that's how I am using it, which is not what MFP originally intended (according to the MFP announcement board, if I read it correctly). But as long as we know what we are meaning, that's what counts, right??!!
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    toaljasa wrote: »
    Soooo, I haven't been on this board long enough for you to notice my absence the last *cough* four days. It. Was. Bad. And the scale this morning showed it. :(

JFT:
    Log everything
    80 oz water
    swim 1000 yards--challenge bc it's freaking cold out. Hard to convince myself to get in water when it's so cold outside. Although, the hot tub or steam is certainly an incentive...
    Tonight is crochet/knitting group at church. I'm done with my last crochet project and want to try to learn to knit. again.

Okay, Miss Heidi, I am going to be watching you, lol! Actually, I'm going to be watching for you and hope you keep coming back. I want to encourage you, and myself, that even if there's a horrible, terrible, no good very bad day, to show up here anyway. In fact, I'm going to make that one of my JFT's: to just show up. I've seen posts here where there's a big ol x on almost every goal...it happens. But, maybe, if we purpose to show up every day, no matter what, we can break the chain of bad days before it starts.

I've only been on here a little over two weeks but I can tell you it is a guilt free zone. It's an honest zone, but with that honesty comes encouragement, suggestions, empathy. In other words, we are all walking this road together, picking each other up, cheering one another on, or sitting next to someone while they catch their breath. (Glad to see you return :)

Peace and joy.

thank you so much! weekends are not my strong suit.
  • missheidi
    Options

JFT:
    Log everything
    80 oz water

Aha!
    I knew someone was missing I just couldn’t think who lol it’s definitely been quieter the last few days!!

You should ask @joan6630 what I’m like with her haha she can’t get away with nothing!!

HA!! that's what everyone says when i'm gone from somewhere. I just finished my husband's KC royals hat, along with a peppa pig hat and baby groot for christmas presents. This is the last time i'm going to attempt knitting. I've tried before and not been able to get the knack. So if i can't get it this time, I will accept that knitting is not my thing and go cheerfully back to crochet.
  • missheidi
    Options
    My stomach has been so sore today, like my actual stomach, anything I eat or drink (even water) makes it hurt for a little bit after as soon as if reached it, it feels very tender and sensitive.

Pretty sure it's not baby-related but was wondering if anyone has had this before (it's possible I've ate something dodgy yesterday but I've not felt sick at all but do feel "off") and what can i do to soothe it? I tried peppermint tea this morning but it didnt really help, like I said even water makes it hurt?

The days nearly over here but any advice is welcomed!

I would check with the dr. Better to be safe at this stage in your pregnancy.

Yeah I think you’re right, now I’m thinking it could be the baby because all my organs are basically crushed now lol!
    Going to go on Friday I think..

CALL BEFORE THEN!!!! trust me on this.
  • missheidi
    Options
    My stomach has been so sore today, like my actual stomach, anything I eat or drink (even water) makes it hurt for a little bit after as soon as if reached it, it feels very tender and sensitive.

Pretty sure it's not baby-related but was wondering if anyone has had this before (it's possible I've ate something dodgy yesterday but I've not felt sick at all but do feel "off") and what can i do to soothe it? I tried peppermint tea this morning but it didnt really help, like I said even water makes it hurt?

Yeah I think you’re right, now I’m thinking it could be the baby because all my organs are basically crushed now lol!

When i had a stomach ache with my first ( and second, but that's not my point) it turned out i had preemclampsia and HELLP syndrome. Kristian was born at 33 weeks and we both nearly died. Your body hurting is telling you something, don't wait.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options

JFT:
    Log everything
    80 oz water

Aha!

HA!! that's what everyone says when i'm gone from somewhere. I just finished my husband's KC royals hat, along with a peppa pig hat and baby groot for christmas presents. This is the last time i'm going to attempt knitting. I've tried before and not been able to get the knack. So if i can't get it this time, I will accept that knitting is not my thing and go cheerfully back to crochet.

YouTube knitting projects! I learnt ALL my crochet from YouTube. And now if I get a pattern and I’m like wtf is a hdc I just YouTube it and then I know and I can carry on lol!
    Once I’ve “mastered” crochet, I’m gonna do knitting :)

When i had a stomach ache with my first ( and second, but that's not my point) it turned out i had preemclampsia and HELLP syndrome. Kristian was born at 33 weeks and we both nearly died. Your body hurting is telling you something, don't wait.

Haha nice! Just scare the €rap out of me why don’t you lol! Sounds scary though, so far all my bloods and urine samples have been fine, I have midwife appointments and scans next week too.

I’m meant to be going tomorrow to see a consultant about low thyroid results but I’m not walking for an hour for then to wait an hour to then be told to “take more thyroxine” they must think I have “mug” written on my forehead!
    I’m going to get them to call me instead and discuss it over the phone. They only accuse me of not taking my meds’ anyway. I’ve not got on with my hospital very much this pregnancy lol!

It will have to be Friday, I’m too busy tomorrow. Got a breastfeeding support group, nursery drop off and collection and got to fill in some very important health benefit forms with my partner!

And we’ve only got 62 miles left in the car and no spare money for petrol til next week! So I’ve got to walk lol!

But I promise I’ll take your advice and ring first thing Friday morning x
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    On a positive note. I bought newborn nappies today! Haha yay finally started buying but now I’m overwhelmed with everything else lol!
    Bout to start a list with prices to scare my partner into action lol!
  • DRBuchholz
    DRBuchholz Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    @joan6630 I meant I was 400 calories in the green. That's how many I had left over. So I ate 1000. And usually I'm starving at that. I just wasn't hungry yesterday
  • chemjenny
    chemjenny Posts: 75 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Report 1/17
    Log :/ kinda loosey goosey logging today.
    Finish summaries for work :)
    If no school delays, cancellations, go to gym at lunch. Yup more snow in the forecast. :D Even though it snowed, and we had a delay, I still went to the gym.
    Read work stuff during Girl Scouts. Remember to print stuff out to read! :/ GS cancelled, so no work done this evening.

JFT 1/18
    Log
    Make more of an effort to eat more protein and stay green
    Walk at work
    Stand at work
    Make purple carrot box for dinner.
    Drink water!
    Fast til noon.

@jdelaroy what are amazing race arms?
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Wed
    1. keep my red cup in the bathroom and kitchen -- reminder to aim for 8 cups of water :):) Can you believe -- I got in 10 cups of water, and then I lost track ..... and still drinking water! The red cup has helped me a lot, and the funny thing, I was much more in control over what I ate today. Gee..... maybe, like they all say, water is helping LOL!
    2. log all food :) And stayed in the green!!
    3. remember when I want something .... to wait 10 minutes (failed at this tonite in grabbing some ice cream) :) No popcorn... but grabbed a Outshine fruit bar instead.
    4. drink water :)
    5. work on year end business tax stuff :/ Worked on building PC boards instead.
    6. go to the gym --- tomorrow ,, no more excuses!!!!! :s:/ Tomorrow for sure. Weather is suppose to be a little warmer. Just really hard early in the morning to get in the car when it is 3 degrees out. I know .... I could exercise at home. But going tomorrow for sure!
    7. get back on here - be accountable no matter what! :) Its easy to get on here when I have a good day. Trick is to get on here everyday, no matter what.

JFT, THurs
    1. continue drinking water. Make this a habit
    2. log all food
    3. go to the gym .... no more excuses
    4. work on sewing
    5. brush and floss teeth by 9pm to keep from eating anymore
    6. bedtime by midnight. (We tend to stay up way too late!!).
    7. get back on here tomorrow - be accountable

OMG --- so many posts to read!!All of you are so inspiring!!!!!

@bcTRAI - I have a babylock Quilters choice sewing m achine, and also a embroidery machine (not a fancy one, Esante, but I do love it). But then after having to take my machines in every year for cleaning, which cost me $99 each year, my hubby bought me a Singer Heavy Duty machine on amazon for just $125. And I love it. It sews through even denim, I can clean it myself, and its cheap enough that if it breaks, I can just get another, as it is cheaper than every year having to take mine in. (Plus the last time I took my quilters choice machine in, the guy told me it was wearing out, and would be better to get another machine than to fix this one!). I still have my 2 babylocks for other kind of sewing, but for just straight sewing, this one works. I do not send any of my quilts out .... I actually cram them into my little machines to quilt them!. This past year I have learned how to do FM quilting - so I mostly just do stippling or meandering all over. I made one for a friend though where I actually used a stencil, and love how it turned out. But I just cannot afford to send them to someone with a LA.

@Bex953172 - I feel for you. My youngest son weighed over 9 pounds, and those last 2 months were awful ... especially trying to sleep. I am sure everything is fine .... just normal pregnancy stuff .... but like @missheidi said, it is always good to mention all this to your doctor to be sure. You rest as much as you can.

And YES .... you are the best diet coach!! But you just wait .... come April ..... I'll be watching you ;)

@clicketykeys - I used to get obsessed with trying to lose 1 pound a week. It was so easy to do when I was younger. Now that I am almost 67, the weight comes off so slow. So instead of what the scale says, I am just trying to develop better habits, and hope that eventually the scale will reflect those changes. I lost almost 26# last year, but since Halloween, have gained (my own fault from eating awfully). Now ... just trying to get back to that weight. But the important thing is not the numbers on the scale, but the changes you are making in becoming more healthy! And you are doing a wonderful job at that.

There are so many I would like to respond to, but that would take me all nite! You guys are all doing so great --- with resisting rice krispies treats (my favorite), to waiting 10 minutes to eat the Ghirardelli chocolate square - that is awesome!

I am inspired by each of you!

• mytime6630
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    Progress so far:
    Jan 17: 175.4
    Jan 10: 174.8
    Jan 3: 176.0

Great job!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    DRBuchholz wrote: »
    @joan6630 I meant I was 400 calories in the green. That's how many I had left over. So I ate 1000. And usually I'm starving at that. I just wasn't hungry yesterday

Makes much more sense! I was trying to figure out how you could just eat 400 calories LOL!
  • Pshizzo
    Pshizzo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    JFT
    *weight work out 1st thing - nope
    *drink 84 oz of water - Yes!
    *10k steps - nope
    *stay in calorie budget/track - Yes!

2/4 ain't bad? LOL...

I had to go to the dentist this morning so I missed working out first thing. I have an app in my phone that helps me remember to drink water and its working really well for me.

Same for tomorrow though!