Less alcohol- February 2018- one day at a time

Options

Replies

• kittybenn
    kittybenn Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    @JulieAL1969 -- One other thing I forgot to mention about the all or nothing mentality. I was a vegetarian for five years about 15 years ago. I started getting so stressed out by telling myself I couldn't have chicken or pork or whatever that I eventually smelled some BBQ ribs at a state fair, marched right over to the booth, bought, ate -- and that was the end of my veggie-ness. I still don't eat a lot of meat, but the idea that I couldn't have it started driving me insane. Plus, I sort of was proud of that identity and that kept me a vegetarian long past the time when I was enjoying it very much.

I can see a lot of similarities between that time of my life and telling myself (and others) that I'm AF forever. I'm afraid that for me, that may cause me to lust after booze even more.

Obviously, everybody has to approach this in a way that makes the most sense for them and their personalities and other life circumstances.
  • donimfp
    donimfp Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I love kombucha. It does look good in that glass! Also, shrubs are really good mixed with sparkling water. The vinegar makes it a pretty nice wine substitute. I've ordered from Tait Farms: https://www.taitfarmfoods.com/shopshrub.html
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,548 Member
    Options
    Everything tastes better in a stemmed glass. Orange juice/cranberry juice on ice.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    Options
    donimfp wrote: »
    I might be a little bit glad that I drank (to excess) last night because I have been SUPER depressed all day today. Not depressed "about" anything, just feeling depressed, chemically I guess you would say. Maybe this is how I always feel when I drink, and I just had gotten used to it. It's gross. I can't wait to wake up feeling good tomorrow. Expensive but valuable information/insight.

I felt that way too last time I had a few
  • Alzzi76
    Alzzi76 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    erikNJ wrote: »
    For those like me that are only cutting back and not going completely sober, have you noticed your tolerance has gone way down?
    For the past 7 weeks I have commited to only drinking one night a week. Last year I used to be able to put back about 8-10 craft beers and more than a couple whiskeys. This weekend I had 5 light beers and two shots and I was done for the night. At least that is helping cut my calories on the night I do decide to drink

That's good Erik, it obviously doesn't effect u like some of us. Keep up the good work. When ive hit my goal weight (-20-25kg) im going in for 1 a week or just one special occasions. I think that way there s not that closed for that in going to want to open all the time.
  • snoo61
    snoo61 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    For those like me that are only cutting back and not going completely sober, have you noticed your tolerance has gone way down?
    For the past 7 weeks I have commited to only drinking one night a week. Last year I used to be able to put back about 8-10 craft beers and more than a couple whiskeys. This weekend I had 5 light beers and two shots and I was done for the night. At least that is helping cut my calories on the night I do decide to drink

I'm only cutting back by one a night, and not doing great this month, but I really did notice a lack of tolerance last year. I went from 8-10 beers a night to 5. After a few months, I had 6 and was really surprised that I was beyond buzzed.
  • Skyweigh
    Skyweigh Posts: 113 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Alzzi76 wrote: »

Does anyone like kombucha, I have found this good

Wow! Great minds think alike! I mixed Synergy Divine Grape Kombucha with Fruit-2-O cherry lime twist -- in a stemmed wine glass of course --- and it was delish! I like Kombucha on it's own, too, but it was really good with the sparking sweet cherry-lime stuff, too.
  • Alzzi76
    Options
    Alzzi76 wrote: »

That's good Erik, it obviously doesn't effect u like some of us. Keep up the good work. When ive hit my goal weight (-20-25kg) im going in for 1 a week or just on special occasions. I think that way its something to look forward to andtheres not that closed door that im going to want to open all the time, so to speak .

Sorry peeps... often my messages turn out different to what i type... here the corrections...

Many apologies.
  • Alzzi76
    Options
    ggzhpd2jb5jv.jpg

:s:D:p
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,548 Member
    Options
    ALZZI76-

That picture you posted is exactly what I look like anytime someone would try to get me to drink wine. I can't get it past my nose. funny I would hear different people that were "into" wine tell me...It's a taste you have to aquire. REALLY?? I believe whom ever stated yesterday that it probably tasted yucky the first time you ever tried it, was spot on.
    Anyhow the picture cracked me up because it was like looking in a mirror.
  • ehseeker
    ehseeker Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    donimfp wrote: »
    I love kombucha. It does look good in that glass! Also, shrubs are really good mixed with sparkling water. The vinegar makes it a pretty nice wine substitute. I've ordered from Tait Farms: https://www.taitfarmfoods.com/shopshrub.html

I saw a shrub last night for the first time. I think I'll try some for a nice change. Thanks.