2018 Lent Challenge

Options

Replies

• serenity8365
    serenity8365 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This is an absolute wonderful discussion and challenge!

I have been pondering on what I will give up this year as I have never really been good at this in the past. Although I’m starting late, I have decided!!

I will be giving up tv time and replacing with reading or other productive activities, as I tend to eat more the more I watch tv
  • cjv73
    cjv73 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Feb. 19:

Fasting? n/a today
    Devotions? Yes

6/44 ✔
  • szymanskicolleen
    szymanskicolleen Posts: 29 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Is it too late to join? I've been following "what to give up for lent" on Twitter and they give you something meaningful/positive to do each day. My 40 day goal is to work out for 30 minutes each day.
    I'm Catholic but I believe its more important to make a positive change each day rather than giving up one thing.
    Getting up to go to spin @5am right now!
  • eminater
    eminater Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    SMack_25 wrote: »
    eminater wrote: »
    ABSOLUTE
    1) no swearing for 40 days - I need help on this haha
    2) be a better "listener" for 40 days - friends yeah, but ALL ppl
    3) hug my kids every morning and every night for 40 days
    ==
    SLIGHTLY FLEXIBLE - but aiming for as close to 100% as I can manage it
    4) Only home cooking - as much as possible
    5) No animal products (vegan) - as much as possible
    6) No Alcohol for 40 days

I wish you the best on your 40 day journey.

Thanks!! I am actually doing well on 5 of these 6. One of them is so so tough ... it's the no swearing!! *AH* (not the worst bad habit in the world though I think, and I am not that bad, tbh. It's just a default sometimes!)
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join? I've been following "what to give up for lent" on Twitter and they give you something meaningful/positive to do each day. My 40 day goal is to work out for 30 minutes each day.
    I'm Catholic but I believe its more important to make a positive change each day rather than giving up one thing.

In my humble opinion it is never to late to join!!! Welcome!!!

• carlsoda
    Options
    Day 6/46 was a good day!! 21 grams of carbs albeit a bit high on calories but I did get in lots of steps, weight lifting and yoga!!!!
  • MaelynMayhem
    MaelynMayhem Posts: 611 Member
    Options

Welcome! It's never too late to join! I don't know if I could do the 5 am workout. I'm too blurry eyed at that time. :smile:
  • mousemom18
    mousemom18 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Looks like I am nearly a week late in finding you all. My plan for Lent has been 1) NO snacking between meals and 2) NO eating after 10:00 (I usually go to bed around midnight). Also, unlike some of you, I only observe Lent between Monday and Saturday (40 days) so Sunday is a cheat day. Very often I add a new challenge every week to make it more of a stretch. Starting next week: 70,000+ steps per week on my FitBit!

I'm in Canada and Anglican (Episcopalian). 5 down. 35 to go!
  • RoushelleP
    RoushelleP Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I did great over the weekend. Finished another book and started a new one last night. I haven't felt much temptation for rice and my water intake is steady.
  • cjv73
    Options
    Feb. 20:

Fast? Yes
    Devotions? Yes

6/44 ✔
  • rockymir
    rockymir Posts: 498 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Day 7/46 (feb 20) well done!! Completely failed at my resolution of not bothering my coach with personal problems but that resulted in me sticking to diet and the lent challenge. Overall I'd say well done.
  • carlsoda
    Options
    Day 7/46 was successful. Nice low carbs again. I'm creating a habit and the longer I do this the more it becomes a healthy lifestyle!
  • rockymir
    rockymir Posts: 498 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Day 8/46 (Feb 21) cannot say it was perfect, but within the limits. Been nervous all day waiting for news from my coach who had surgery today. And when he was out, and got that message at last, it all came to me and I had some extras. Ok. It was still reasonable though and I'm thankful that all went well. Now I can relax.
  • krea4
    krea4 Posts: 1,813 Member
    Options

8/46 successful days

• RoushelleP
    RoushelleP Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Still doing well reading and avoiding rice. Yesterday my water intake could've been better though. All in all still doing okay.
  • szymanskicolleen
    szymanskicolleen Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Getting my workouts in each day.
    Wish I could give up waking up in the night and not being able to go back to sleep!
  • karinana25
    karinana25 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I would like to join! My resolutions: no bread (dough=cakes, cookies etc.) and no sweets at all (1-2 fresh fruits is ok). Also no eating late night.
  • passenger79
    passenger79 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I haven't checked out this thread for a while but still doing good. I haven't had any chocolate/cereal bars /cake since Ash Wednesday.
    By not snacking mindlessly I now have more calories to use for more filling food and feel more in control .

Hope everyone else is doing good .
  • cjv73
    Options
    Feb. 21

Fast? n/a
    Devotions? Yes

7/44 ✔