2018 Lent Challenge

Options

Replies

• MaelynMayhem
    MaelynMayhem Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I'm being saved from giving into my desire to have a takeaway by my aide not showing up resulting in me having to order my groceries vs her picking them up at the store. It means instead of using a card I have for the store I had to use my bank account. I am doing okay on the others on my list. I had one really rough day, but the others have been good.
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    krea4 wrote: »

12/14 successful days

The last week have been really stressful so I'm proud that I have only had 2 slip ups where I have reverted back to trying to solve my problems with chocolate.

Good job! I know that feeling when stress hits and only chocolate will soothe it. You're getting there!!!
  • carlsoda
    Options
    14/46 - easy day yesterday. I wasn't feeling well so did not over eat at all. Interestingly I usually have very strong carb cravings when I am sick, I had none. A M A Z I N G !!!!!!
  • krea4
    krea4 Posts: 1,813 Member
    Options
    Thanks @MaelynMayhem and @carlsoda

Well, the chocolate eating and the stress continued today. But tomorrow is another day and I am committing to no sugary snacks.

12/15
  • rockymir
    rockymir Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    14/46 (Feb 28th) done.
    Finally had physio and mostly fixed my ankle -read, made it usable again, at least. I didn't give in to stress eating after I came home thanks to having dinner ready just waiting to reheat, and going straight to bed afterwards. Got in 7 hrs sleep too, which is a lot for me. Feeling strong.
  • carlsoda
    Options
    Yesterday was an epic fail...I was definitely over confident announcing I have over come my sugar cravings when I'm sick...well nope I was wrong. I gave in because I was back to work and over tired. Lesson learned you always need to be vigil especially with old habits of giving in. Today however is a new day and a new month! So I'm still at 14/46 days.
  • carlsoda
    Options
    krea4 wrote: »
    Thanks @MaelynMayhem and @carlsoda

Well, the chocolate eating and the stress continued today. But tomorrow is another day and I am committing to no sugary snacks.

12/15

One day at a time!! Make sure you are properly prepared with prepacked foods/snacks to help keep you away from the chocolate :)
  • RoushelleP
    RoushelleP Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Still in it holding strong. Some days better than others with the water intake but I'm staying hydrated though.
  • MaelynMayhem
    Options
    RoushelleP wrote: »
    Still in it holding strong. Some days better than others with the water intake but I'm staying hydrated though.

The important thing is that you keep at it, even on those bad things, which it sounds like you are doing. Keep it up!
  • rockymir
    Options
    15/46 (Mar 1st) done, onwards and upwards. Let's look at the weekend!!
  • krea4
    krea4 Posts: 1,813 Member
    Options

12/16

Time to get back on track!!

• carlsoda
    Options
    15/46 - yesterday was a great day. Got right back at it with a total of 15 net grams carbs! I'll likely have sugar cravings for the next couple of days so I need to be diligent!
  • rockymir
    Options
    16/46 (Mar 2nd) done.
    Two training sessions, endless driving in the ice, diet and water alright. Way to go!!
  • carlsoda
    Options
    16/46 - another good day! Today we are going to a birthday party. I have already prayed for strength to eat good. I always feel so guilty praying for such silly things but I do have a weakness to sugar!!
  • milesaway61
    milesaway61 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I am following Orthodox Lent. The rules are fairly strict. It started on February 19th. Since then, I have not had any Coke (my weakness), chocolate (also a weakness), or any animal products. I am really looking forward to some sweet stuff, but I'm doing alright so far. At least, I think so.

Completely vegan 7 days a week. No oil from Monday to Friday. Cold food only on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Hot food is allowed the other days. There are some other rules about how many times you can eat, but I have not followed those. I found it was causing me to be lethargic and weak, to the point of slurring my words at work.
    I've been drinking tons of water, and I am getting more fruits and veggies than I usually do. That's saying a lot, because most of my meals are veggies anyway!
  • carlsoda
    Options
    16/46 days. Failed yesterday. Was doing great but we were at a birthday party and food was definitely different than how I eat. Ended up too hungry and caved when they brought out the cupcakes from a really good bakery. I only had one though and it was good :)
  • rockymir
    Options
    17/46 (Mar 3rd) not so well, couldn't stick to the diet because it was the only day I could possibly test the new nutritional strategy for the next race. But I knew my calorie expenditure wouldn't match it. So yeah, got to sacrifice the day but the strategy worked so I won't have to test it again!

18/46 (Mar 4th) back on track and I'd dare to say everything ok!
  • MaelynMayhem
    Options
    I am following Orthodox Lent. The rules are fairly strict. It started on February 19th. Since then, I have not had any Coke (my weakness), chocolate (also a weakness), or any animal products. I am really looking forward to some sweet stuff, but I'm doing alright so far. At least, I think so.

Completely vegan 7 days a week. No oil from Monday to Friday. Cold food only on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Hot food is allowed the other days. There are some other rules about how many times you can eat, but I have not followed those. I found it was causing me to be lethargic and weak, to the point of slurring my words at work.
    I've been drinking tons of water, and I am getting more fruits and veggies than I usually do. That's saying a lot, because most of my meals are veggies anyway!

Wow! That's a lot. You're doing great with all of this. You keep doing what you are doing!
  • MaelynMayhem
    Options
    carlsoda wrote: »
    16/46 days. Failed yesterday. Was doing great but we were at a birthday party and food was definitely different than how I eat. Ended up too hungry and caved when they brought out the cupcakes from a really good bakery. I only had one though and it was good :)

That was actually pretty good control!s I'm not sure I could hold out on just one cupcake!
  • MaelynMayhem
    Options
    Yesterday, I gave in and had takeaway. I had some stuff from Subway. I didn't eat before I left and it was my option. I also complicated it with getting stuff from the vending machines. I'm not quite sure how they fit in things. So, yesterday was not an epic fail, but it was not a complete success as well.