50lbs or more?

Options

Replies

• dangernene
    dangernene Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm at around 194 - long term goal is 130 but I've got to give a big presentation in April so to get to 180 by then would be ideal.

Side note: I have drunk 3 litres of water today and yesterday AND I just went downstairs and made myself a proper meal even though I'm working late (usually it would be food delivery time!). Attempting a deadlift PB tomorrow so it's nice to know I'm fuelling myself right!
  • JoniNichole
    JoniNichole Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    dangernene wrote: »
    I'm at around 194 - long term goal is 130 but I've got to give a big presentation in April so to get to 180 by then would be ideal.

Side note: I have drunk 3 litres of water today and yesterday AND I just went downstairs and made myself a proper meal even though I'm working late (usually it would be food delivery time!). Attempting a deadlift PB tomorrow so it's nice to know I'm fuelling myself right!
    Congrats on the water! For some people this is a big challenge. I drink a gallon of water a day myself! I'm sure you will hit that 180 by April! Let's work!
  • adrianamgarrido
    adrianamgarrido Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Current Weight: 188
    Short Term Goal: Lose 20 Pounds by May 1st
    Long Term Goal: Lose 73 Pounds
    Goal Weight: 115

I just have to keep pushing and pushing until I reach my goal and then maintain forever. I know I have a long journey ahead of me. But I am ready to change my life around completely!
  • AMC110
    AMC110 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    jlvt07 wrote: »
    So total will be a loss of 53 pounds. So far in 2-3 weeks of regular exercise and tracking at 1200 cals a day I have lost 10 pounds, but I’m nervous it’s gonna slow down.
    I’m turning 29 on April 22 and I want to enter my last year of my 20s feeling comfortable in my skin , so for April 22 my target is 140, then the 130 mark for June!

Enter your details into the Losertown Calorie Maintenance Calculator to see your weight loss projections.
  • emjustem87
    emjustem87 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    This is great!
    Current: 198.6
    Short Term Goal: 170 by April 1
    Long Term Goal: 135/145 by end of year.
  • JoniNichole
    Options
    marvel927 wrote: »
    Currently 228
    Short Term Goal - become motivated and dedicated. Not losing hope.
    Long Term Goal - get to 150lbs in a year.

My problem is the scale doesn't move even after consistent working out, mostly running. I end up gaining weight and get discouraged. Tried different diets such as keto because I know people personally that it has worked for them but not me.

Anyone in here with thyroid disease that has finally found a way to lose weight and keep it off?

I know sometimes it's hard! My mother has thyroid disease and yes her weight comes off slowly but she still just keeps with it! Soooooo just kee sticking with it! I know it's hard weight has been an issue for me! But this is a sprint it's a marathon and we have to keep going! How much water do you drink a day?
  • samaranicolew
    samaranicolew Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have hypothyroidism and I can totally understand your issue. The great thing about it is when you body gets to a healthy, consistent state you can reverse your condition. Starting is always hard-especially when you don’t see results at first. Keep pushing though. You get to a point where your body has no choice but to become strong and healthy. I always find that drinking lots of lemon water during the day helps me from getting sluggish increases my chances of actually working out. If you need any support feel freeTo message me. Maybe we can encourage each other!Best of luck
  • samaranicolew
    samaranicolew Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Currently 228

My problem is the scale doesn't move even after consistent working out, mostly running. I end up gaining weight and get discouraged. Tried different diets such as keto because I know people personally that it has worked for them but not me.

Anyone in here with thyroid disease that has finally found a way to lose weight and keep it off?
    Currently 228

Currently 228

Currently 228

Currently 228

Currently 228

I have hypothyroidism and I can totally understand your issue. The great thing about it is when you body gets to a healthy, consistent state you can reverse your condition. Starting is always hard-especially when you don’t see results at first. Keep pushing though. You get to a point where your body has no choice but to become strong and healthy. I always find that drinking lots of lemon water during the day helps me from getting sluggish increases my chances of actually working out. If you need any support feel freeTo message me. Maybe we can encourage each other!Best of luck
  • emjustem87
    emjustem87 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    twinkit wrote: »
    HI everybody. I weight 226 last week at yearly checkup. They said i had gained one pound from last May. But it was disappointing because i had given up alcohol and ate very healthy for 3 weeks prior. I hadn't weighed in those 3 weeks because i wanted to stay focused. I weighed the next day and I had actually lost 6 pounds in those weeks. Almost to 30 days of no alcohol, Sunday. Hoping to stay on track and not reward myself. I would like to get to 145 by October.

You sound committed and are making great progress!! Don’t get discouraged. It takes time and self-love to hit goals..! <3
  • marvel927
    marvel927 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Currently 228

I know sometimes it's hard! My mother has thyroid disease and yes her weight comes off slowly but she still just keeps with it! Soooooo just kee sticking with it! I know it's hard weight has been an issue for me! But this is a sprint it's a marathon and we have to keep going! How much water do you drink a day?

Thanks for the encouragement. I try to drink 64oz a day. Should I attempt more? How does your mom so it? Please help!! I'm so down about not been able to lose weight.

• marvel927
    Options
    Currently 228

Currently 228

Currently 228

Currently 228

Currently 228

Currently 228

Thank you for your encouragement. Where do I start? Please i need your support and encouragement. We can support and encourage each other .
  • JoniNichole
    Options
    HI everybody. I weight 226 last week at yearly checkup. They said i had gained one pound from last May. But it was disappointing because i had given up alcohol and ate very healthy for 3 weeks prior. I hadn't weighed in those 3 weeks because i wanted to stay focused. I weighed the next day and I had actually lost 6 pounds in those weeks. Almost to 30 days of no alcohol, Sunday. Hoping to stay on track and not reward myself. I would like to get to 145 by October.

Staying focus is key! You got this!
  • JoniNichole
    Options
    emjustem87 wrote: »

You sound committed and are making great progress!! Don’t get discouraged. It takes time and self-love to hit goals..! <3

Yesssssssss
  • marvel927
    Options
    Does anyone have a meal plan or diet plan they can share to help jump start the weight loss?... what do you eat on a regular day?
  • ulala424
    ulala424 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm currently at 211 and looking for support!
    Short term goal: get my blood pressure trending down
    Long term: Lose 90 lbs. (started at 230)

Sad thing is, I've been here before. I'm back and try to do better and stay there this time.