50lbs or more?

Options

Replies

• pagesignups
    pagesignups Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    The rest of my comment must be too long! It keeps disappearing. :-)

The MFP app has come a long way since I first downloaded it years ago. I was skeptical about trying it again, but it’s been an amazing tool to keep me accountable and makes keeping up with all aspects of healthy lifestyle easy!

I’ve always struggled with the ups and downs on the scales to some degree, but never to the extent have in recent years as I’ve dealt with infertility and all of the things the treatment puts your body through. I put on over 50 lbs in about a year’s time. So now, not only was I depressed and feeling lost about not having children yet and being in my mid 30’s, I was also now feeling I had lost even more control over my life with the weight gain. About 6 weeks ago, the switch finally flipped on and the motivation came to start with changing a couple things at a time. It’s been slow going, and hard at times to keeps from sinking back into a self-loathing mindset when I don’t see the progress I’d hoped for. (Nothing like the early 20’s when 2 weeks of low carb shed 12 lbs... what is that saying? Something like, “I wish I was as fat as the first time I thought I was fat.” lol!) But I’m fighting it tooth and nail and I keep telling myself that nothing worthwhile comes easily or quickly!

Pulling for all! It can feel so overwhelming at times, but we’re all here because we’ve decided to do good things for ourselves! Cheers, y’all! You got this!
  • JoniNichole
    JoniNichole Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I like this positivity in here!

I started in 2015 at 267.

Currently 193 ish. I was this weight a year ago.

I really want 175 by my birthday which is in July. Last year I said the same thing but couldn't stick to it. I am needing all the motivation I can get to stick to this!

Alright honey let's work
  • JoniNichole
    Options
    Starting weight: 306
    Current weight: 288
    Short term goal: 260
    Long term goal: 220

The first time I lost weight almost 5 years ago, I officially started at 347. Even though I'd been losing weight before that time, I hadn't gotten on a scale. My best guess is that I was at least 375 -385 pounds. Over the next 15 months, I got as low as 235.

Over the next few years, I slowly began regaining the weight. I stopped exercising regularly, resumed bad eating habits and switched jobs which led to a lot of stress (and stress eating!)

I'm starting again for my health, to be there for my family, and to wear all of the great clothes that are sitting in my closet waiting to be worn again.

Let's get it again! Feel free to add me
  • JoniNichole
    Options
    Started this journey about 6 weeks ago at 225 with a 50lb loss goal down to 175 which is a comfortable sz 8/10 for me. I made that my immediate goal. I needed it to feel attainable. That said, my ultimate goal is closer to 150-155. So far so good on staying determined! I was down to 208.8 going into this week. My Garmin Tracker and the step challenges in the app have kept my fanny moving! I went from zero, pretty sedentary to now putting in 30,000-40,000 steps/day just so I didn’t lose my challenges! (I’m just a tad competitive... lol!)

Lol...a little competitive
  • janisseshirley
    janisseshirley Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Started at 230, and my goal is to reach 155. Short term goal is to be able to do a complete sit up in which my chin can touch my knees.
  • MelodiousMermaid
    MelodiousMermaid Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 239 (last May)
    Current weight: 177.5
    Short term goal: 165 (Beginning of April)
    Long term goal: ??? (Going to get to bodyfat % of 25-30 and re-evaluate where I'll go from there.)

Can't even imagine. I'm almost at my lowest adult weight already.
  • kupykake89
    kupykake89 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi group my current weight is 286.
    My short term goal is to be 230 in 6months.
    Long term goal is 175 and healthy.
  • JoniNichole
    Options
    Started at 230, and my goal is to reach 155. Short term goal is to be able to do a complete sit up in which my chin can touch my knees.

I like that goal! Let's work!
  • JoniNichole
    Options
    Starting weight: 239 (last May)
    Current weight: 177.5
    Short term goal: 165 (Beginning of April)
    Long term goal: ??? (Going to get to bodyfat % of 25-30 and re-evaluate where I'll go from there.)

Can't even imagine. I'm almost at my lowest adult weight already.

• JoniNichole
    Options
    kupykake89 wrote: »
    Hi group my current weight is 286.
    My short term goal is to be 230 in 6months.
    Long term goal is 175 and healthy.

Let's work it then girl!
  • FitAuntie2018
    FitAuntie2018 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 279
    Current weight: 260
    Short term goal: lose 60lbs by July (I turn 30!)
    Long term goal: 175 or less
  • JoniNichole
    Options
    Starting weight: 279
    Current weight: 260
    Short term goal: lose 60lbs by July (I turn 30!)
    Long term goal: 175 or less

Let's work!
  • eminater
    eminater Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options

Just stick with it...slow and steady will win this race! Let's get it

Awesome Joni, Let's do this!!
  • JoniNichole
    Options
    Happy WILD WEDNESDAY!! Let's make it to the gym today! Zumba is up for me!
  • berky06
    berky06 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Water jogging for me. I go everyday for an hour.
  • JoniNichole
    Options
    shele62 wrote: »
    Water jogging for me. I go everyday for an hour.

I've never tried water jogging! It actually sounds pretty fun...I'll have to put it on my list of activities! Thanks for the inspiration!
  • dangernene
    dangernene Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Didn't make it to the gym yet this week as it's been so crazy with work! I've managed to get a day to work from home so I'll be popping out later to lift some nice heavy weights.

Also water jogging sounds amazing!!
  • JoniNichole
    Options
    dangernene wrote: »
    Didn't make it to the gym yet this week as it's been so crazy with work! I've managed to get a day to work from home so I'll be popping out later to lift some nice heavy weights.

Also water jogging sounds amazing!!

Sounds like a plan! Work can be crazy sometimes! Keep it up
  • JoniNichole
    Options
    Thirsty Thursday: are you getting in all your water???!