How to smooth hip line and get rid of that annoying hip dip?

Options
I have always had this problem whether skinny or fat (I've been extremely skinny before and still had this problem) and I am so insecure about it. What are some exercises I can do to smooth out the dip between my love handles and my hips? Heres a pic if it helps understand what I'm talking about

http://tinypic.com/r/1zwdzyw/8

Replies

• aqualeo1
    aqualeo1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Bump

Would love it if someone can answer this :)
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    You can't get rid of it. Everyone has it, except people who are photoshopped.
  • PunkyDucky
    PunkyDucky Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I have the same "hip dip" too
    Unfortunately you can't determine where your fat comes off. :/
    Best thing to do is lower your body percentage otherwise it could be the genes to blame.
  • SwampWitch666
    SwampWitch666 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Get rid of it? I didn't think it was possible. As an artist, I always draw my women with them... always. I wasn't even aware you could get rid of it. *slow shrug*
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I've heard trying to get rid of the hip dip is the new want a thigh gap...
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    You can't get rid of it. Everyone has it, except people who are photoshopped.

This... You say you have it when you're bigger or smaller... It's just one of those things... Get over it!
  • CardiacLioness
    CardiacLioness Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    The hip dip is normal.
    Same with touching thighs.
  • phantomjam
    phantomjam Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You are made that way. It's called violin hips or high hips.

Here's an article on how to disguise them if they bother you. Personally, I think they are beautiful and not anything to worry about. I received many compliments on mine when I was a healthy weight and almost certainly someone is admiring yours even if they haven't said.

http://www.thechicfashionista.com/body-shape-question-what-shape-am-i-if-i-have-high-hips.html
  • michellewong699
    michellewong699 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Whether I am thinner or chubbier, I've always had it. I actually feel like the thinner I am, the more noticeable it is.

Its a bone structure thing.
    I don't think you can change your bone structure for the most part...
  • ILoveGingerNut
    ILoveGingerNut Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    nice boobs. Not sure why you put them in the pic though :yawn: :yawn:
  • girlpaint
    girlpaint Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Lots of yoga and ballet. Plus lose weight, i.e., eat healthy whole foods, drink water and tea and consume fewer calories than you burn.
  • aqualeo1
    Options
    I see what you guys are saying. Maybe it's more the fat bulge above it I want to get rid of and not really the dip itself . Oh well
  • Billforchange12
    Billforchange12 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I also have the same issue, which is on my right side. I was told that it is because I do things to the right, example we get in the car to the right. I was introduced to some hip exercises that help strengthen the hips a little and help get the bump down. For two days my hips hurt never felt those muscles before. I hope they work and help. Bottomline I think that the hip bump can go down but will see.
  • auzziecawth66
    Options
    I see what you guys are saying. Maybe it's more the fat bulge above it I want to get rid of and not really the dip itself . Oh well

And if this is the case you can't control where fat comes off unfortunately :flowerforyou: (I know the feeling my chubby legs annoy me to no end lol)
  • auzziecawth66
    Options
    There's one thing I wish young women would understand. There is a difference between beauty and fashion. Beauty is timeless. Fashion changes with the wind.

Once it was fashionable for women to be pleasingly plump then it was to be rail thin. At another time, it was fashionable to have wide hips, a thin waist and a flat butt then it became fashionable to have a voluptuous bosom and a prominent butt. At another time, it was outrageous for women to have any noticeable muscle definition and increasingly muscularity in women is gaining acceptance.

Yet as fashion changes we are able to look at paintings and photographs of women from bygone eras and appreciate their stunning beauty though we know they are no longer fashionable.

Fashion can be fun but don't let it control your life. The features that are in fashion today will be so outmoded tomorrow. Fashion is about being like the crowd. Beauty is about timelessness and being unique. A great part of beauty is knowing the art of making the most of what you have. Therefore, instead of worrying about your high hips, play up your narrow waistline and enjoy every moment of life while you still have it.

Well said:flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • aqualeo1
    Options

And if this is the case you can't control where fat comes off unfortunately :flowerforyou: (I know the feeling my chubby legs annoy me to no end lol)

Yeah I know :( I wish it would give my boobs a rest and start coming off somewhere (anywhere) else! It is what it is though
  • phantomjam
    phantomjam Posts: 46 Member
    Options

What you are seeing is the natural consequence of being a short-waisted woman. Basically, the distance between your rib cage and your hips is small so, your body has to fit everything that a longer-waisted woman has into a small er space. I'm sure if you put your mind to it, you can get thin enough to get rid of it but you will also be getting thin all over and very possibly will end up too thin.

The alternative is to spend time learning how to dress a short-waist. Clothes are meant to flatter your body, not the other way around. Here's a good place to start learning how to use clothing to your advantage.

http://www.insideoutstyleblog.com/

Frankly, I see nothing at all wrong with your body but that's something you'll have to learn to appreciate yourself.
  • aqualeo1
    Options

What you are seeing is the natural consequence of being a short-waisted woman. Basically, the distance between your rib cage and your hips is small so, your body has to fit everything that a longer-waisted woman has into a small er space. I'm sure if you put your mind to it, you can get thin enough to get rid of it but you will also be getting thin all over and very possibly will end up too thin.

The alternative is to spend time learning how to dress a short-waist. Clothes are meant to flatter your body, not the other way around. Here's a good place to start learning how to use clothing to your advantage.

http://www.insideoutstyleblog.com/

Frankly, I see nothing at all wrong with your body but that's something you'll have to learn to appreciate yourself.

Good advice but I'm not the op - don't think she's around anymore. I didn't post a picture but I am short waisted so maybe there's something to that. I don't really want to get any thinner so I' ll just deal with it. It's not that big of a deal to me really.