How to smooth hip line and get rid of that annoying hip dip?

Options

Replies

• posh2o2
    posh2o2 Posts: 3
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I'm also trying to get rid of my "hip dip" by building muscle there to smooth it out.

uqqgrpw3gpi4.jpg

Since the gluteus medius is attached right where the hip bone and thigh bone are, you can do exercises to build muscle there and get rid of the "dip".

A useful exercise to achieve this would be a standing side abduction, with weights.
    NOTE: Weights are a necessity in order to gain muscle mass.

Another useful muscle you should target is the tensor fasciae latae. :)
  • posh2o2
    posh2o2 Posts: 3
    Options
    Here's an image of the tensor fasciae latae.

361fucvlmbfn.png
  • WhimyMe
    WhimyMe Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It's actually true, the hip hugger generation is more prone to this dent! It's like the dent in my shoulder from my bra strap because I have huge knockers. Sigh.
    My best friend, who grew up Amish never wore pants, only dresses and high waisted skirts. She wears jeans now,but sometimes, as girls like to we stand and look at our bodies and compare how different we are.
    Me, tiny thighs that touch,neither the weird hip dent.
    Her, big birthing hips, big thighs THAT DONT TOUCH! Lol. And NO hip dents.
    She has the tiniest waist even thought she is bigger than me, and yet my little thighs touch.
    Sigh. The hip dent might gradually go away if you change clothing style, control top panties to simple smooth you, but it's not a quick fix but nothing wrong with wanting to try :) I am!

Xoxo love your self and do what you want !
  • Natashamarie1133
    Options
    We have the exact same body shape !

• Madeanaccount
    Madeanaccount Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Look, look, look. Stop treating this as a hating your body and "the new thigh gap" kind of thing. It's just a matter of not knowing exactly what it is. I originally wanted to get rid of mine because I thought it was caused by my underwear or something. It's not a hating your body thing, so don't try to shame girls that want to get rid of it.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Honestly it depends on your frame and body. Some people have, some dont. I have had at emaciated weights and healthy weights. I've had at 20% BF and 13% BF.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    This is a weird zombie thread...
  • SLLeask
    SLLeask Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    WhimyMe wrote: »
    It's actually true, the hip hugger generation is more prone to this dent! It's like the dent in my shoulder from my bra strap because I have huge knockers. Sigh.
    My best friend, who grew up Amish never wore pants, only dresses and high waisted skirts. She wears jeans now,but sometimes, as girls like to we stand and look at our bodies and compare how different we are.
    She has the tiniest waist even thought she is bigger than me, and yet my little thighs touch.
    Sigh. The hip dent might gradually go away if you change clothing style, control top panties to simple smooth you, but it's not a quick fix but nothing wrong with wanting to try :) I am!

Noooo, it's NOT true, at all! You are a different shape to your friend because you have different genes and aren't identical twins! I never wore hip huggers, still don't and I have the dip. My thighs touch and I have hugely wide hips and a smallish waist. I didn't grow up in the Amish community either... I wear loose clothing so not sure how changing what I wear will help me rid me of something that's just part of me! I have far worse things to worry about than a bit of a dip somewhere under my clothes, haha!
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Options
    It always amazes me how many people want to be something they're not.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    WhimyMe wrote: »

thank_you_for_input_sherlock.gif
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    OMG! This thread again? It has nothing to do with clothing. It is all genetics, muscle insertion and muscle growth (or lack thereof). The hip dip is where the tensor fascia latae is inserted at the hip joint. A lower insertion may tend to show more of a hip dip or one that is not as developed as the surrounding muscles. You can work that muscle and try to increase the size of it to reduce it but it also depends on how your hip joint and muscles go together. There's more important things to worry about in my opinion and is not something that makes a woman look less or more attractive. I bet if no one had a "hip dip" then women would be wondering how they could get one. I'm personally glad that all women have different shapes and sizes, makes for a more interesting world in my opinion.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    This is a weird zombie thread...
    Right?!

We have the exact same body shape !
    First strong post that digs up a necro thread. :expressionless:
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    don't listen to these people, they don't know what they're talking about. i have it too, its because we wore tight low rise jeans when we were younger.

LOL. This has to be one of the stupidest things I've read here in a while.

• Healthy4me4ever
    Healthy4me4ever Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I've enjoyed reading this discussion a lot. I never heard that annoying bit of my body called that before. I used to hate it on me but having read this today it's given me a new found affection for it. I had no idea it was so natural to have it and so common.

And as for it being caused by tight low rise jeans..... pmsl
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    The hip dip zombie....
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I have the hip dip. It cannot be destroyed. Even when I was super skinny it remained, taunting me. Either magically change your genetics or get over it. Easier said than done, I know.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    It's the way your body is made. There is no getting rid of it. I lift and it has actually emphasized the dip because the muscles have grown so much. At first I was appalled, now I have just accepted that it is the way my body is designed.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    What, exactly, is wrong with it?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    don't listen to these people, they don't know what they're talking about. i have it too, its because we wore tight low rise jeans when we were younger. I excersied and lost 30 pounds and still have it. The only wear is to wear tight clothing to reshape it. I just bought one of those body compressors, kind of like spanxs but they're tighter, wear them over your clothing for about the entire day everyday, and the hip fat will smooth out.

Please stop.

Yes, please stop. I never wore tight low-rise jeans and I have it. So where did mine come from?
  • gilichahlon
    gilichahlon Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I would also check this one I got 1 tip that helped which is to live with it lol, ther other solutions they mention helped but not too much :smile: