WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2014

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Eileenmmcgran: Time to change your outlook. Stick with us for a while, count calories for every bite and swallow, and move your body more than you’ve been moving it. The weight will come off little by little and you’ll learn how to keep it off.:flowerforyou:

MancLass: We have several women here who are residents of UK. I’ve no notion how close they might be to you, but since we all have the internet, we’re as close as our computers even though we may reside on the other side of the planet. Welcome.:flowerforyou:

Yanniejannie: I only left 50+ Barbie up for a little while, but she’s still on my personal page.:flowerforyou:

Running_amok: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!:flowerforyou:

Aedreana: Welcome! Anti-Aging strategy #1: Get healthy. I’m doing better all the time. Getting rid of extra weight was the key to improvement for me, and it wasn’t fast. Speed isn’t really an asset. This is the race between the tortoise and the hare. Be a tortoise. Slow and steady wins the race. :wink: Strategy #2: Have fun every day. I’m doing better with that than I used to, too.:flowerforyou:

Joyce: I hope your dizzy spell is not a symptom of anything serious. We’ve had choir kids faint on the bleachers while performing due to the heat. They weren’t sick, just got too hot.:flowerforyou:

Stewartstory: Welcome to an amazingly supportive group of women.:flowerforyou:

Alison: The electric car sounds like quite an interesting vehicle and you seem to have had an adventure. A friend has one. He uses it to commute to work. He works for a power company and they have charging stations at work. He also has a charging station in his own garage. I don't think they use that car for road trips.:flowerforyou:

Sylvia: I’m guessing Bruno would like to meet Daisy. I read your post to DH and he thinks so, too.:bigsmile:

Sandy: Congratulations on handling your coffee meeting with your former coworker so well. Enjoy your peace and quiet.:flowerforyou:

Denise in CA: Many of us are dog lovers. We love good dog "tails.":flowerforyou:

Brenda: I’m sorry you’ve had such a tough day. I hope tomorrow is better.:flowerforyou:

Jane: I hope your surgery goes smoothly and is a big success. Let us know how you are getting along when you can.:flowerforyou:

Meg: I’m so sorry you are feeling ill and had a tough time with DD#1. I hope tomorrow is a better day. This stage of parenting can be an ordeal. We all hung in there, (both of the kids and us), and eventually developed good relationships. It took us a few years, so I’d say you should be prepared for an endurance contest. If things improve quickly, count your blessings. Otherwise do your best to hang in there. Sylvia’s comment about your daughter getting her head out of where the sun don’t shine reminded me about a behavioral diagnosis we dealt with when the kids were at a certain age. It is called “optical-rectitis”—a sh*tty outlook on life. We thought the kids had it, and they thought we did.:wink::laugh: :tongue:

I’ve had low energy all day, and really don’t know why. DH & I went out for lunch and I ate WAY too much, so that may be a part of it. I managed to get in under my calorie goal for the day, barely squeeked by. I had to do some extra exercise to make it work. :embarassed:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

June Goals:
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least two glasses of water daily, preferably more!
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Katla – I do the same thing you do with the word document, but the stationery idea is brilliant! :wink:

Eileen - this is a journey and for me and I think others it ends up being about more than just weight

MancLass, Pam, softbll64, aedrena, stwartstory, Kay– welcome

Joyce, I hope the doc can help with dizzy spells – that is very scary! :angry:

Sue – hope you had fun this afternoon:smile:

Alison – more charging stations will be a great thing ! I have a friend with a Telsa and I think it goes farther on a charge….

Sylvia – you are sure having fun with your fitbit!!!

Denise – there are a few of us from CA and lots of dog lovers!

Brenda - Making better choices is such a big step; even though there was too much; this is a huge step in the right direction – I am so sorry to hear of the friends with cancer and know the moving of family is very hard for you.

Jane – sending good thoughts your way

Meg – I don’t think you sound like a witch;:grumble: setting boundaries for behavior in your home, or at events you are hosting and having repercussions for breaking those boundaries - being not welcome if you act out- is appropriate.

Michele – what a big job the river rock is! I am impressed. So here is my exercise routine and unlike you I do the same thing almost every day – 5:30-5:45am out the door with Levi to walk for somewhere between 45 min and 1 ½ hours… then 3 mornings a week I garden for 2-3 hours; then many evenings about 7pm another 30 min. walk with Levi.

Belinda – welcome, where in CA are you?

So there is a bunch to share -- lets see what I have time to share -- so it is 10pm and still over 80 degrees. I don't have air conditioning; my house doesn't even have ducting for heat or AC - the electric system would not handle a system - so installation of heat and air would need to include a full electrical upgrade and would cost $10K plus -- so I deal with it. I do fans and have a night time system that pulls outside air through the house, but a heat wave is exhausting - and some of my tricks have included watering late at night and with the drought we can only water 2 times a week... GRRRR:angry::grumble: :angry: :grumble: Levi keeps looking at me like can't you make it cooler!!

I went to graduation and the graduation party yesterday - and felt like I looked good - although I did not have anything new to wear; but wore things that were tight before and fit right to a smidge loose... dress pants, top and jacket to graduation, and casual summery pants and a hawaiian shirt that I always wore as over shirt, as it would not button -- now I wore it just buttoned up and there was plenty of space :drinker:

I am having to work though what my next steps are with my god kid's mom - she has been a challenge --and I had pretty much decided to cement my relationship with the kids since they are now adults and to cut my losses with her; but at the graduation party I was introducing myself to some new people and explained that I was the kids god mom and that their mom and I had been friends for 35 years... it was like what am I doing ending this --- so now I am re-thinking ...

well time to call it a night.

Kim in N. California
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Joyce: feeling better now, I hope? As for your Fitbit question: maybe it would be easiest just to take it off before you get in the water and put it back on after. Then log your swimming or whatever on the site.
    Stewartstory: I’m a knee patient as well; need a new one. I walk as little as possible, cycle almost everywhere, and do strength training at the gym.
    Alison: glad you had such a good day; you deserve it. :flowerforyou:
    Brenda: we all understand stress eating!
    Meg: I’d be annoyed too (daughter story). I tried hypnosis once (private sessions with a certified hypnotherapist) for the very same reason. It didn’t seem to help me, but I’m curious whether it’ll help you.
    Joyce: the Fitbit will give you some calories for the bike, but they’re essentially pedometers. The recommendation is to log everything that’s not walking or running, because of that. It will keep giving you calories for “just being alive” and a bit of movement, though.
    Michele: you are a tough one. If I’d discovered chocolate chip cookie dough in the bowl I’d have had a hard time not just eating it! :tongue:

Today’s my beloved Border Collie’s birthday; he’s ten! I can’t believe it; it’s going a little too fast. I love him so much and I’m so glad he’s been in my life all this time.:drinker: :heart:
    I like geraniums because they’re reasonably resistant to aphids, and I love the bright colors. They really look like summer to me.
    We’re getting ready for some thunderstorms after a couple of warm days. Not such a great birthday present for my dog… :noway:
    I'm a bit frustrated with slow weight loss at this point, but I find it really difficult to go lower with my calories (I'm supposed to be at 1600 right now, but it's usually more like 1700). Exercise gives me more leeway, but I do have to have a rest day between gym days because of the arthritis. It's a long, slow journey.

Hope everyone has a good day. :flowerforyou:
    Cynthia
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Good morning.It seems like night 4:30.
    Off to surgery.
    have a good one
    HUGS
    jane
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,693 Member
    Options
    morning ladies~ I just stepped on the scale:grumble:
    my own fault.. just depressing should not have had that ice cream,
    today is a new day..
    Momsthemodel~ Sylvia ~ yes it was an adventure.. and if the Tesla was more affordable than we would have gotten that.. DH has a Chevy Volt and it works great as a commuter car or on short trips
    the Tesla makes one model and with the smaller battery it starts at 70,000. with the better battery it is 100,000. not something we could afford by a long shot
    It was a nice day and we talked about alot of stuff, that we dont usually get to
    looking at maybe taking a cruise next year depending on the DH job situation.. also the plans for the coming vacation
    so all and all a good day..
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good morning beautiful ladies:flowerforyou:

Jane Martin:smile: Wishing you the best of luck on your surgery today:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: !!!

Meg:smile: Sure hope you feel better soon:flowerforyou: ! I agree, you don`t sound like a witch...you sound like a concerned mother! DD#1 needs to remember her manners:grumble: ! I like Katla`s diagnosis:laugh: !

Michele:smile: Sounds like you and Vince have a "heavy" job, moving all the riverrock! I`m sure it`s looking beautiful!

Alison:smile: I get on the scale once a week, I`ve been on this rollercoaster for years, up 2, down 2, up 3, down 3, seems like my body is as happy as can be at this weight :grumble: ! A cruise sounds fabulous!

Cynthia:smile: Geraniums are beautiful:love: , I usually plant several pots of them and they tend to last well into November:happy: . I`ve not planted anything yet this year:frown: . How are you feeling? Any more strange chest fluttering?

Kim in N CAL:smile: Congrats on the once too tight clothing fitting loose now:bigsmile: !!!

Welcome to everyone new! Hope you`ll pop in often and chat away with us!

I have so much more to say and no time this morning, the security people are going to be here in less than an hour and I still have to change out of my walking clothes, I need more time in the mornings:sad: !

Have a wonderful day ladies! Drink your water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: and log your food!!!

Hugs,
    DeeDee in very humid NC
  • eustaciavye
    eustaciavye Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My goals for June:
    1) keep on doing exercises to heal my knee joint problem.
    2) stationary and outside cycling
    3) eat mindfully and enjoy
    4) veggies and berries always ready in the fridge
    5) lots of greens every day
    6) drink lots of water
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Wow! I've been logging on for a week.

I'm progressing on my June goals. Yesterday I took a Zumba Gold instructor and got a certificate. What a long day. And we did one routine sitting in chairs. It was very inspirational

I've been going over 8 glasses of water a day

I'm on chapter three of my Ace Fitness Exercise Manual..

megblair1 & yanniejannie, I didn't see your posts yesterday so I can't comment on them.Have a good day.

Have a good day!Going to finish Chapter three today and and do the questions at the end of the hapter. And I'll see if I get through all the videos for 1-3 as well.
  • moeggep
    moeggep Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hello to All,
    I've been MIA for a week or so, things have gotten crazy. I tried to read back butit would just take to long to reply.
    My DD and the DGKids stayed the past couple days with me. My DSIL is adding a room onto the house, he decided to do this last week and the new baby is due at the end of June. Crazy! But he did make great progress and will probably get it done enough this next week-end for them to only have to be gone one more time. It was nice having them but I have to say it was nice when they left last night.
    I sprayed the outside of my house for bugs so I could work in my gardens and ended up with the ants trying to move into the house. I've fought them for a week and hopefully have won out and am now back to living alone.
    My first ab class is tomorrow. I'm excited but nervous. There are like 50 people signed up. I don't think half will show but it will still be a decent size class.
    This Saturday I am starting line dance lessons. I'd taken them years ago and think they are a fun and a great work-out. I'm looking forward to trying again.
    Do most of you count calories? Is anyone on an eating plan? I'm trying to rethink my eating and make some firm decissions I can live with but am hesitant. I want to get away from additives and preservatives, which would mean fixing my own foods but I am worried about planning and scheduling eating times and prep times. I also have this thing about spending all the time to fix food for just me and truthfully don't like eating alone so I think that's a big part of why I go for already prepared foods and eat in front of a TV.Any suggestions? I know what I'm doing isn't working.
    I guess I better go, I need to get to work. I've missed reading all the posts and hope everyone is doing good. I am going to try to get back sooner.
    Patty, Cincinnati OH
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Fast note before I head to the gym.

janemartin.............Thinking of you and hoping all is going well!!!

Meg.........I know, believe me, I know how frustrating girls in that age range can be!!! Although no one's issues are the same, the resulting feelings produced in the mother are!!!!! They can be absolutely insufferable in not seeing things they way we want them to............when everything we want for them is in their best interest. This results in anger and frustration and high BP for us!!!

running __amuck..........Congratulations!!!!

Kim..........I spent some of the last year evaluating some long term relationships that didn't seem to be working any more and decided to cut one completely off and have much less contact with a couple others..................and I have no regrets. There's just no good reason to keep toxic people in your life. It's not easy, but all people change and evolve and sometimes their lives and views become incompatible with yours.

Dr. Katie................Enjoy every day of your retirement!!!

Cynthia.............Happy birthday to your much loved dog!!! Give him a pat from me!

47Jacqueline...............Major congrats on your Zumba Success!!!

Well, the new birdfeeder is in place; looks like a flying saucer and I won't be surprised to see a fuzzy pic of it in the paper one day as just that.

Love to all,
    yanniejannie
    mid-Atlantic, need rain
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,047 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Anamika703
    Anamika703 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies!
    Turning 49 tomorrow:laugh:
    Just another year to go when I completely qualify for this group :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :blushing: :laugh:
    Well the new routine has me getting up at 5am, off to school by 6;45 am and back home by 4:00 pm. I feel dog tired :yawn:
    Giving myself two more days to get the ex in somehow.
    With best wishes
    Anamika
    from a hot and humid Mumbai :flowerforyou:
  • Cindy781
    Cindy781 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Good morning Ladies,

We had some more rain this morning. The sun is shining now and everything is lovely and green! I did 32 minutes on the treadmill this morning. My heart rate monitor stopped again so I lost my calories burned, again. I used the last reading since it stopped a few minutes before I was through.

Patty, I keep my eating plan simple, that way it is pretty clean. I roast my veggies most of the time. I use a little Olive oil and different seasonings. I eat sweet potatoes instead of white potatoes. My usual breakfast is a protein shake. I love peanut butter, a little fills me up. I have it at lunch a lot, half PBJ sandwich. We eat at home except for 1 or 2 times a week. I have fish about 3 times a week, I eat vegetarian other than that. My other go-to foods are Greek yogurt, baby spinach, whole grains like oats and barley. I hope this helps. Keeping dishes simple works for me.

Anamika, happy birthday tomorrow!

Brenda, hugs for what you are dealing with right now.

Michele, I find recipes when I click on the link on the pin in Pinterest. Not all pins have recipes though. Sometimes I make a note of the web site and go directly there. There is that box that says "read this..." Can't remember exact quote, it works too.

Belinda, I have changed my weight goal a few times on my journey. I'm still figuring out where I want to be, though I am thrilled now!

Jane Martin, best wishes for your surgery!

Cynthia, very happy birthday to your puppy!

Welcome all new ladies,

Hugs to those I missed. Have a wonderful day,

Cindy in OK
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Kim: I remember the days when central air conditioning was not common, and we didn’t have it. Mom used to get a bowl of ice cubes out of the refrigerator and aim a fan to blow over it, then sit in the cool breeze that resulted. Dad worked at Sears back then and they had over-achieving air conditioning. Several customers fainted when they walked out of the store into the parking lot during that heat spell. We had an unfinished basement, and I played down there where it was cooler. Our heat spells were relatively short lived back then, but the sick and elderly had a terrible time and there were deaths in the news. :cry: Last year we took out the electric fan we were using to cool our garage and had a solar attic fan installed. It works great! I wonder if your house could be helped by one of them. (Our air conditioner is still okay to use for the rest of the house. Who knows what will happen if we don't get some additional rain.)
    Congratulations on the improved fit of your clothes. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Regarding your God Daughter’s mother. My cousins have kids that are near in age to mine. I have a closer relationship to most of those kids than to a couple of my own cousins. I just accept it, and I have no idea how to fix the relationships with the cousins who aren’t close to me. I’m not sure I like them well enough to try to be friends. I do like their kids well enough to try to get along with the parents. I hope this adds some perspective for your consideration on how you’ll deal with this formerly close friend.:flowerforyou:

Cynthia: Happy Birthday to your border collie. Enjoy him as long as you can. If he’s healthy now, he likely has several more years to spend with you.:flowerforyou:

Alison: The friend I mentioned in an earlier post also has a Volt and is quite happy with it as a commuter car. Sounds like you and your DH had some good conversations during your trip.:flowerforyou:

Jane Martin: Thinking of you. I hope everything goes well.:flowerforyou:

DeeDee: If the security people are coming today, does that mean that your remodeling is nearing completion? Your home has been in construction mode for quite a long time, and I’m guessing you’re anxious to have things finished so you can enjoy them.:flowerforyou:

Patty in Cincinnati: I count calories every day. I eat the things I like and use portion control to stay within my calorie allowance. I expect to continue to do things this way for the foreseeable future. I met my weight loss goal a while back and am still here to give and get moral support, and to help myself avoid backsliding.:flowerforyou:

Anamika: Happy Birthday!!! You don’t have to qualify for this group. You can be our token “kid.”:bigsmile:

We had catfish for dinner last night. I used a recipe that is a favorite with rockfish & other white fish, but it was totally bland with the catfish. :grumble: I now understand why they deep fry it in the south and serve it with a lot of spice.

Today I’m finishing a baby blanket for my new grandson who is due in September. This week my son will be here to get a second opinion on possible neck surgery from a respected surgeon and we’re planning to have a meal with him and DDIL. I’d hoped they’d be able to spend a night, but they’re going to have to drive home after dinner. We are grateful for the chance to see them.:heart:

Have a good day.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

June Goals:
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least two glasses of water daily, preferably more!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,198 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon lovely women!:flowerforyou:

WELCOME to so many new people!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Keep coming back and getting to know us. Tell us about yourselves and sign yourself off with your name or pseudonym and where you're from. :flowerforyou: A special welcome from me to the UK women.:drinker: This group has been such a help to me and is the reason I have been able to maintain my new, low weight for six months. I weigh the same now as I did in 1990! I never thought I'd be in a UK size 12 jeans again. (8 US) I am 64, by the way. Counting calories and exercising more is the answer - the maths do add up if you do it consistently. Add on some strength training and some flexibility and balance like yoga or Pilates and you will see a transformation you would never have believed possible.

Busy afternoon today. We drove to the garden cemtre to buy a few feet for our pots and ended up spending £83¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡
    We have a big new pot for our bay tree which is a struggling sprig at the botton of the garden in a frost pocket. We are going to give it a new home.:heart::heart: :heart: We tipped out the pajsies and have at last got our new hydrangea in a pot. An ant's nest has set up residence inside it so I dusted it with powder.:grumble: DH dug up a scruffy border so we can put some new plants in. I went round refilling the beer traps. DH is digging up a spongy, moss filled bit of the lawn so we can fill it with ferns and one or two shade loving plants. The mulberry tree over there has lots of berries on it. Adore mulberries!:love:
    Then I came in and made a huge pork and cider stew for tonight and future freezing. Later I will finish the watering I started and pick some more broad beans for the freezer. We had masses this year. Tonight we are still eating our way through the asparagus we bought at the Farmer's Market. :bigsmile:

Patty - could you batch cook meals on your days off? Then you would have lots of meals in the freezer and would just have to get one out in the morning before you go to work. It would be so much easier to eat healthily if you had a calorie counted meal with lots of veg. We eat in front of the tv unless we have visitors. I do find that if I am on my own and feeling a bit lazy and don't eat a "proper" meal then something in my brain tells me I am deprived and makes me keep picking. A proper meal, even one lower in calories, is psychologically more satisfying.

Kim - the runny, stinky cheese I love could be French or English, or anything. I generally mean one which has a floury skin, like Camembert, but is really ripe and runny. My favourite is Epoisses, which has an orange rind and you can smell from the next room! DH thinks it is utterly repulsive so I rarely buy it for home consumption. I used the excuse of my DSIL coming to stay to buy the stinky goat's cheese at the Farmer's Market as she also loves it. So do most people I know, apart from DH:noway: , but I'm quite glad about that as it prevents me eating it most of the time. It really is my biggest weakness.:tongue:

The Farmer's Market was great except for the bread.:grumble: All the sourdough was sold out and the rest didn't have that lovely artisan quality that I look for. When I think of the amazing bread I was buying in Brittany! Anyway, it has spurred me on to rescue my sourdough starter from the back of the fridge, scrspe off all the dead black yeast and revive the surviving yeast underneath. I am now feeding it with flour and I can see a few bubbles!:bigsmile: A few more days of cossetting it and I will be able to make bread.

Too tired to write any more. I have read all of you snd I am thinking of you. Big hugs to all suffering.:flowerforyou:

Love Heather in sunny Hampshire UK
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Heather: one word: Maroilles. :bigsmile:
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies! It's raining here today. I tried to get a good walk in this morning before it started raining, but I ran into a neighbor who wanted to have a long chat. By the time that was over it was looking pretty threatening, so I came back inside. Hubby and I did go to the Y earlier though, so I got some walking in on the treadmill there, and did my favorite weight machines. The fitbit picked up some of the steps on the treadmill, even though I didn't swing my arms. I was a little surprised it got any at all. Hopefully the rain will stop and I can walk more this evening. Or go to the mall to walk.

Katla and Kim, I grew up on farms in Kansas, and we really didn't have air conditioning till I was older and we moved to California. I don't know how we survived. I remember that blowing air over ice cubes trick, and also hanging a wet towel over the back of the fan, and keeping a wet tea towel draped around our necks. And sitting on the shady porch hoping for a breeze. My dad always wore long sleeves because he said the sweat cooled him off (I never understood that). Now I hate hot weather. I hope this summer I can tolerate it a little better than before, just because of the lower weight.

Cynthia, I had to google Maroilles. It sounds good to me. I love a good stinky cheddar, so I might like it.

My scaled moved a little more this morning. Yippee! Thank you fitbit!

Have a great day everyone.

Sylvia
  • terewilliams
    terewilliams Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Hey Ladies!

Had a great time sleeping all day Saturday! I feel renewed!

Today I am celebrating overcoming my reluctance to change my ticker.:wink: I have changed it to reflect my commitment to my son to lose 65 pounds with him. I rounded off my goal weight to 170 so that gives me 68 pounds to release. The mathematical calculation of 1.5 pounds per week gives me 45 weeks or 11 months to get it gone. Doesn’t that sound a little scary?:huh: But I said it to give him support so I’ll be keeping to it!

Saw quite a few posts regarding giving up on here. I’ve been on this weight loss journey for quite a while too. I’ve had wonderful losses; regretted regains; and frustrating plateaus; but I say “what the heck” if I hadn’t done anything I would have probably been dead. I know that I have benefitted from every pound loss. Remember the movie “Enough” when the rotten husband says to his wife, Jennifer Lopez, “So today might not have been a good day…tomorrow may be much better” I apply that to this journey some days I fall off the wagon but the next day I can chose to get back up on it.:flowerforyou:

Cathy in NS: Don’t give up on the aqua aerobics. I can’t swim and I’ve been a couple of times. As a matter of fact I'm supposed to join a class this evening! You should have seen the look on my face when I finally stood up in the water and discovered it didn’t even cover my shoulders. :blushing: If someone has to help you down into the pool its ok because you are getting in to help yourself. Perhaps one day you will be able to help someone else get in the pool and I am sure that is an inspiration to some.

Yanniejannie: The SO is from Powhatan. Although I have lived here for over 30 years I had never met anyone from there until I met him (10 years ago). It is a lovely country place.

Joyce: You deserve a wink from Cherry Tere!:wink: I think I’ve been through every hair color from nearly black to flaming red in the last 6 months! One thing is pretty much for sure…regardless of what you do to your hair it will grow out and back! I knew it was National Doughnut Day and I could get a free doughnut at a number of places. I am glad to say I resisted temptation because I just can’t eat one!

Gloria and Heather: Sending hugs your way!:flowerforyou:

DeeDee: Sorry about your SIL’s accident…prayers for his healing going on! Glad yours was just "nearly"

Have a great day Ladies!

Tere in Richmond VA
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,829 Member
    Options
    Well, I am still here and trying to get back on track. I actually gained only 2 pounds through April and May. :ohwell: Not too bad for being depressed and hurting badly in my back. I am back to going to Curves now and going to try to keep track of my eating once again. My only goals for June. :smile:

Scary time at the doctor last Friday. He lost my records from the hospital where they recorded my last mamogram and colonoscopy. I suggested maybe they were in my husband's record, which he pulled and did not find the lost records, but DID find 2 of my records in his file :noway: . Not a good sign to me. So looking for a new physician.

Rita from CT
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,816 Member
    Options
    Hello to all: This will be my last post for a while as I am leaving for Colorado tomorrow morning and won't have access to a computer. The friend I am staying with has celiac disease so I don't think food will be a great problem and we plan to get in lots of walking and some horseback riding. Will post when I get back.

Meg - Had a co-worker who tried hypnosis for weight loss and it worked well for her. I have considered it but never tried it.:ohwell:

Dr. Katie - Congratulations on your retirement. I have now been officially retired for one week and it has been great.:bigsmile:

Amimika - Happy Birthday!!!!!:happy:

Jane - Hope the surgery goes well and you heal quickly.:flowerforyou:

Healing angels to all who need them and congratulations to those with victories. Sue in SD