Replies

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,051 Member
    Options
    Renny Happy Birthday!:flowerforyou:
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Carol, it wasn't me who is limiting her sodium. In fact my blood sodium is low and I have to keep my sodium intake above 2000 mg just to keep my blood level normal.

I sure wish I knew what makes my bladder wake me up so much at night. I limit my fluids after supper. I even use the pineapple juice from my little fruit cut to take my medicine with. But last night I was literally up every 90 minutes for a full 10 hours to pee. And I feel like I went a lot each time. it wasn't just a tinkle. It sure is disruptive though. But with my MS and my sleep cycle after around 7 PM I feel pretty perky. But during the day I really have to fight the urge to take a nap. Speaking of MS, the heat index is 100 today and it's just awful for me. But my husband likes it though because it's times like this that I do let him park in the handicap spaces so he can protect his precious car. He doesn't park in them for me, it's the car.

Joyce, Indiana
  • djhobs
    djhobs Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    It has been a week since I last posted....and 12 pages of conversation...I admit I just skimmed through:wink: ...I have been a bit lazy lately...and now my back went out:angry: ...lower back so I know it is probably from inactivity...so tonight after work I got in the pool ran my circle lap routine...used the jet that pushes the water into the pool from the filter ( no idea what you call it really...I always call it the blow hole:laugh: ) on my back a couple times, did some leisurely laps of swimming...and my back feels sooo much better...yup, own worst enemy...:blushing:

Spent a nice weekend with dd, we went to NYC to see Aladdin on Broadway (I love Disney)...did not really know what to expect, but it was great, the costumes, the talent...the company danced for pretty much 2.5 hours....how many calories do you think they burn??? We met some cousins for dinner at sardi's...very delicious...and then took the train back home...a very long day, but fun...I don't get enough girl time....hopefully that will change...she is leaving the hospital (she is an RN) and hopefully getting a job with no weekends or holidays...fingers crossed, she has interviewed for a vascular practice and also as a nurse navigator for a breast cancer practice (I think)

Have a good evening...tomorrow new month...new goals..
    Have I said I am glad to be back...love the support and sharing from so many like minded women...
    Hugs and high fives
    :heart:
    Jen from NY, summer is here, expecting 90's and humidity this week
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Home from meeting..........need to pack a few things for the trip........have booked a pony-watching cruise for tomorrow night.

Renny...............Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!

G'nite all,
    yanniejannie
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Over 17,000 steps total...7.12 miles!

Pooped!

Goodnight!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,916 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Here is the link to the new thread for July

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1341892-women-ages-50-for-july-2014?page=1
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    back from a wild week... have not read the posts - just not enough time tonight :) Hope all are well - and having successes! I taught all week and enjoyed myself but was exhausted; totally !!! Logged in everyday, but did not log everything - started each day with good intentions, and by noon was tasting all sorts of stuff.. but I did walk a ton!!!! and managed to only gain about 1 lb... I totally forgot to check in on Friday(my normal day) so am back on the band wagon and will read and get back in the groove this week.

smiles kim in n. california
  • moeggep
    moeggep Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hi to All, I haven't been here since last week, it's been crazy and I now have a beautiful granddaughter. Avery was born Friday, she was 21 inches and weighed in at 8 lbs even. I will try later to add a picture. Mommy and baby are doing well. I've spent the past few days with Connor (4) and Aubrey (2) and I have been busy. They keep you hopping.
    I am back to work and will try to catch up this evening, just wanted to say Hi.
    Patty, Cincinnati OH
  • bjmcq
    bjmcq Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    HAPPY CANADA DAY !

bumping: pool is warm, non-stop family visits for last 4 days! on to guests number 6....
    BJ, SWOnt
  • bjkidfun
    bjkidfun Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Go to Women ages 50+ for July! We'll see you there!
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Thank you for the new thread, Barbie. I graded myself on the May goals on the previous thread. Here are my new /old/traditional goals for June: (Don't laugh because they're always the same. These work for me.):wink::laugh:

June Goals:
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least two glasses of water daily.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

I find that I no longer 'gulp' my food, if I put my fork and/or spoon down between each spoonful.

My goal for June is:
    1. Try to lose at least 5lbs a month on my Medical Weight Loss Plan
    2. Exercise by walking on my treadmill, do crunches, and walk in the pool. Did that on Saturday and Sunday
    3. Drink at least 8 8-ounce glasses a day - no longer constipated or having to drink my Miralax
    4. Have fun everyday
    5. Enjoy the things I do by painting or drawing at least one picture a month.
    6. Try a different medium and learning others. So far, I do oils, pastels, and pencil. Learn watercolor.
    7. Track everything that goes in my mouth.

Lenora from Dawson, GA

Anybody from near here, like in Albany, GA or Americus, GA, or even, Columbus GA?
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    Gardengail wrote: »
    k1qjd4.jpg

Here are my red, white & blue flowers for the front porch. So cheery!

2dhb694.jpg

Here is the first of the puzzle made into seasonal art. (It is 16"x20".) Excited to start the next one!

Oh, and I lost my fitbit when we traveled so have to get another. :ohwell:
    Gail, metro ATL

On the puzzle picture did you add 'real' things to make it 3-dimensitional? Interesting!
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    1461320e5jgojtbn9.gif 1884975rxg0f68m70.gif
    2157045gp85zev8ri.gif

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: Welcome to a community of supportive and encouraging women. The title says Women Ages 50+ but all women are welcome. The journey to health, weight loss, energy, well-being, and longevity is best taken with others who share our goals and values.

:flowerforyou: I hope you will check in here daily and share what’s going on, respond to each other, and ask questions.

:flowerforyou: How did you do with your goals and resolutions for May?

:flowerforyou: What goals and resolutions have you set for June?

:bigsmile: Please sign your posts with your name (or alias) and your location so we can get to know each other better.

:heart: Barbie from NW Washington

My word for 2014 is “mindful”

May Resolutions (with end of the month comments)
    *brush the dogs’ teeth once a week or more (only once)
    *yoga once a week (only once)
    *plank twice a week (successful with planks increasing from 2 ½ to 3 minutes
    *finish updating “important personal information” document (some roadblocks to this, but I made significant progress)

June Resolutions
    I was so supremely unsuccessful in May that I’ll use the same resolutions for June
    "The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT."

Hi Barbie, I love this site; but, haven't been able to find it easily, even though I thought I had bookmarked it. Went to the very top and bookmarked it again; and that seems to make it easier to find (with the black star). Kept the yellow star, too.

I love this site! So encouraging; but, have decided that I just cannot go back and read the many posts and will try to let it not bother me. Where do you get all you smiley characters that move and such ... more than the ones that MFP has. They have many more, that 'move' on the 'subject line' ... so is that where you find them; and can they be used elsewhere, if so (how to get to them)? My computer's security is so tight it is not allowing me to add a program that has them, such as emoticons.com :neutral: ! I'm going to make friends with some of the people on this site so that when I am on computer I can see when others post and will know I can keep up from now until later on.

Lenora from Dawson, GA (SW GA)
  • peachstategal
    peachstategal Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Lenora, you are in the 2014 chat. Find the 2015. Your pics are lovely...very talented.
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options
    Lenora, you are in the 2014 chat. Find the 2015. Your pics are lovely...very talented.

OK, so how did you find the 2014 (I did not know I was there - just thought I was in the 2015 chat; I went to the original list of threads under motivation (and something) and found the 50+ June (and thought it was 2015). I forget so easily what I am looking at that it isn't even funny. From going to one page and back to another. At one time, it was under Chit-Chat and now I cannot find it . . . it is so far down the list . . . I think a lot of the younger people are posting new threads to that one and a lot of them are pretty 'raunchy' and I don't particularly like 'raunchy' . . . especially what some of them are posting there.
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    Options

Hi, I went back to the very beginning of this and the name of the thread is "WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2014" ... I guess it is a running thread from when it started originally; I have given up trying to read prior posts because they are out-of-date as to what they have posted. Now I will just try to read the ones on a daily basis to keep up with what others are posting. I send, today, a 'friend request' to the woman that 'started it'.