2 years of maintenance - 130+ pounds lost

Options

Replies

• jenfleur2014
    jenfleur2014 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! your success story is really inspiring! Congrats and you look amazing!
  • markstar69
    markstar69 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your insights on weight loss and food. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your post and find it very motivating. Congratulations on your success.
  • pelleld
    pelleld Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    bumping for when I have more time to read.
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I read all your posts I come across. I know I am going to find good common sense and inspiration every time.
  • erinm5
    erinm5 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Tagging for when I need motivation. You are wonderful! :flowerforyou:
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    How on earth did you lose so FAST?! I have been at this for over 2.5 years and have lost 78lbs. I read many stories like yours and just amazing by how quick you were able to drop down to a healthy weight.

I am also aiming to lose 100lbs, I eat everything in moderation...exercise daily and closely track my calories on MFP and through my bodymedia armband. I lose consistently, and have been incredibly focused to reach my goal and beyond. I just struggle with the fact that many lose 100+ pounds in just a little over a year.

It is inspiring to read, though frustrating!

First of all, I don't think I lost weight all that quickly. I lost an average of under two pounds per week. It was a good clip, but it wasn't an unhealthy pace.

Second, I don't know why you're losing more slowly than I did. Your diary is locked so I can't see how much you eat or how accurately you log. Maybe it's because I was more consistent, or my exercise routine contributed more to fat burning, or my spike days helped, or I experienced less burn out, or I'm younger than you (I have no idea how old you are). Maybe you have a thyroid or endocrine medical issue that impacts weight loss, or you're on a medication that does. Maybe your bodymedia band is overestimating your burn and your deficit is less than you think. Maybe you eyeball portions and don't use a food scale. Maybe you rely more on restaurant food, which is notoriously impossible to accurately track. I have literally no idea.

But the most important thing is that you are trending downward. You have lost 78 pounds! That's amazing! So you're not done yet...well, so what? You're headed to the same place I am, and then we'll be on the same maintenance path. It doesn't matter if it takes 15 months or three years to get there...as long as you get there.
  • ashleydawndill
    ashleydawndill Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    This is a fantastic post, and very inspirational. Congrats on everything you've achieved, and thank you for your insight!
  • jeanniebeanie59
    jeanniebeanie59 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    great job, love the donut shirt and your little running buddy is adorable!!
  • amisbest
    amisbest Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    This is a great article. Thanks for your thoughts.
  • bvifun
    bvifun Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Thank you for that well written post and for sharing your after after journey. I am into my 4th week of maintenance and know I need to keep logging in. I have looked for helpful reading about maintenance but there are no books and few blogs. (Compare that to a google search for weight loss books!). This is so helpful and motivating.
  • Trishkon
    Trishkon Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Wow. That was super encouraging. Thanks for sharing!!
  • ThatLadyFromMN
    ThatLadyFromMN Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Yay! I always love your posts. :)
  • tabijo73
    Options
    I am going to start reading all of your posts! If you are not a writer by profession then you should be! This all makes more sense than anything Ive read in a long time. Thank you for your honesty
  • kat2brigid
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your maintenance journey! In past programs, I was so focused on the process and end goal, that I didn't think of steps as healthy habits. I would binge eat on weekends and deprive before weigh ins. I ran miles because they burned more calories. As a result, I would gain and lose the same amount of weight each time.

My story may take me months or years, but I'm determined to proceed with optimism and a goal of a healthy lifestyle...not weight.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Thank you for that well written post and for sharing your after after journey. I am into my 4th week of maintenance and know I need to keep logging in. I have looked for helpful reading about maintenance but there are no books and few blogs. (Compare that to a google search for weight loss books!). This is so helpful and motivating.

What an excellent point.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Really nice post. I look forward to being there in a few more pounds.

Also I LOVE the goat in that first picture.
  • dapunks
    dapunks Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • jnc777
    jnc777 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Fab post, really helpful and inspiring - especially so early on my journey :)
  • Sedna_51
    Sedna_51 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Just over here clapping, cheering, waving my hands in the air. I am a huge fan of the way you approach weight loss and maintenance, and your example continues to help me as I keep working towards my goals. Thank you!
  • Froody2
    Froody2 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Goosebumps.

Thank you. You're a little island of sanity in the swamp of misinformation and hearsay that can be MFP. Long may you prosper :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!