2 years of maintenance - 130+ pounds lost

Options

Replies

• Tabbitha1968
    Tabbitha1968 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi I read your story last year and Im so happy you are doing well. I have to say that everything you have written is the TRUTH. Reading honest comments helps one to put the mindset into perspective. i have been at this for a year and a half and I can honestly say I agree on the point of not doing something that you cannot sustain, I haven't reached my goal weight yet but I am already trying to reach the goal of balance in my life. I don't want to be an obsessive eater fretting over micro-nutrients or the numbers on the scale, I don't want to be a gym rat pumping iron at all hours of the day and night, I want to be healthy on my terms, balanced happy and well fed. that being said. Thanks for your encouraging story, it is like reading a letter from a friend. Stay healthy and see you next year.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    This was just so utterly exactly what I needed to read right now. I tend to discount my overall weight loss because I don't remember the woman I was at my heaviest. I've uncovered SO MANY health problems with the healthier and lighter I've gotten, and it has been so discouraging. Four new medicines I think after 75 pounds and years later....

Reading your story about your DVT diagnosis was chilling. I feel so, well, something I can't put into words. I shared this out to my friends list, too, and I hope that if even one sentence helps even one person, I have done a good deed for the day. I think that I will have to go back and read all of your blogs and use them as a jumping point for my own introspection to get out there and get to making habits again.

Thank you for baring your soul to us here...so many of us just needed that nudge today.

Carly
  • jodynolte
    jodynolte Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congratulations! And thank you for sharing your inspiring story! :heart:
  • boxfish100
    boxfish100 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting your maintenance success - just brilliant
  • Jdigs88
    Jdigs88 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You're super motivational and right-on in so many ways. Thanks for sharing!
  • kasaz
    kasaz Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I just love reading your thoughtful posts. Such common sense and such inspiration. Thank you for taking the time to share!
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Amazing post, and exactly what I needed to read. After losing 120 pounds and having gained 20 of them back, I needed a post like this to put things in perspective as I try to regain control. Thank you so, so much.
  • WillWorkout4Food
    WillWorkout4Food Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    It has been too long since I've read an inspiring and helpful post. Thank you for sharing your journey and photos. It has brought me back to reality as I struggle with a mere 20 pounds.

Congratulations on your sustainability and success!
  • thenolanz
    thenolanz Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    This is exactly the attitude I have adopted -- so glad you've found success with it!
  • Xena067
    Xena067 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    BEST Success Story *ever* - and I read a lot of Success Stories! Thank you for writing it. Sharing it with all my MFP peeps! :)
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Awesome awesome awesome!!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    WOW...LOTS of good info. And congrats on such a WONDERFUL job. You look so good...and younger. Isn't it funny how that works????

I'm doing my happy dance WITH you!!
  • luvinmefirst
    luvinmefirst Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Brilliant! Thank you so much for the inspiration!
  • kaatiee92
    Options
    Woah! Thats amazing!
  • BEVERLYSTEEN
    BEVERLYSTEEN Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Great post!
  • pam1056
    pam1056 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,350 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks for sharing! Congrats too!!
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Amen!! Great post!
  • rebolaugh
    rebolaugh Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational! Thanks for sharing your story and photos here.
  • Lnature71
    Lnature71 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thanks you so much for sharing your story and for the encouragement. You are an true inspiration!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!