2 years of maintenance - 130+ pounds lost

Options

Replies

• southernbuttercup
    southernbuttercup Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I will keep your words with me as inspiration. Thanks for the great post.
  • kitza101
    kitza101 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Shannon, you kick butt :)
  • errorist
    errorist Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    This is what people who are maintaining need to hear. Live the life of a thin, healthy person.. even after you've reached your goal weight, it is still a mental leap to see yourself as a thin, healthy person.
  • gummibear64
    gummibear64 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Great inspiration!
  • Tiamo719
    Tiamo719 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! What more is there to say???? :smile:
  • BekaBooluvsu
    BekaBooluvsu Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    You are absolutely amazing!! Thank you for sharing, you are inspiring!!!!
  • bsage
    bsage Posts: 1
    Options
    Thank you ShannonMpls. You are truely an inspiration. I am new to MFP ( or should I say new the 2nd or 3rd time around)

I have never heard anyone talk like it is a lifestyle instead of a diet. I have always said it was a lifestyle but i never had the information to begin . And `Get the ****over it` , Wow, so true.

Today, I got the **** over it`. I have started my life.
  • jsokolow3
    jsokolow3 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I love your story. You are amazing. I also looked at some of your blog posts & they were very inspiring.

Jennifer
  • Therese1975
    Therese1975 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    What a gift this post is.

I'm looking forward to reading the rest of your blog.

It's so refreshing to hear someone talk about weight loss in a common sense way. Your "habits" point particularly hit home for me. I just sometimes get overwhelmed when I think about the number of habits I need to change and new ones I need to develop!

Thank you for sharing this. Best wishes for your continued health and success!!
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Beautiful post! Everyone should read your post!
  • sloshmog
    sloshmog Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Such helpful ideas. Brilliant change of vista. It is the brain!
  • QuestEngine
    QuestEngine Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Well thought out. Well written. Good content. Thanks for your contribution, and congrats on your continued success!
  • Arekha
    Arekha Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    There are very few posts that I read and say, everything written makes complete sense...and your post is one of them! Thanks for writing!
  • tizzy22
    tizzy22 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Feeling #inspired! Thanks for the push!!
  • hrayala
    hrayala Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Simply amazing. Way to go!
  • MisterZ33
    MisterZ33 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    The OP was probably the most informative and inspiring work i have read in some time. thank you so very much for relaying my very thoughts to this community.

and congratulations on your re-newed life!
  • MisterZ33
    MisterZ33 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Is there a way we can ask a moderator to sticky this thread?
  • Teresa_3266
    Teresa_3266 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Shannon, your story and insights are one of the most inspiring I've read in a long time!! There are times when I read a post on this forum where I get so excited about what I read I can hardly sit in my chair. Your post is one of those and it will be bookmarked and read again and again. Thank you!!! :cry: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:

LOVE :heart: :heart: :heart: the Julia Child quote!!! Just last night I was telling my husband that what I'm doing is not a diet. I've done diets (over and over and over) and have failed! This is a lifestyle. This is a choice to be a better me. And I will NEVER give up the joy of eating great food. I will however give up the pasty nastiness that is a McDonald french fry. :tongue:
  • sophs87
    sophs87 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Absolutely incredible post and so relatable! Well done on your fantastic achievement. X
  • slimbettie
    slimbettie Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I am sending this link to a few of my friends right now! I could not have said it better myself.
    Well done on your transformation and continued success.
    I am super happy you posted this. Printing this and sticking it up to read *often*.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!