2 years of maintenance - 130+ pounds lost

Options

Replies

• javengreen
    javengreen Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the wonderful post. I'm at the beginning of my journey, but I've realized many of those same points this time around. I'm still working on the loving my body part, but seeing what my body is capable of with exercise helps.
  • palmetto_dewbug
    palmetto_dewbug Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for taking the time to share your story! So inspirational and exactly what I needed as I refocus and get back on track. All the best to you as you continue on your journey!
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    " I no longer waste my time on food that isn't fantastic. "

Yes! This. Thank you for your words of wisdom. :+1:
  • post191rickdye
    post191rickdye Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    March of 2012 is when my new "habits" of eating reasonable portions and exercising got me from my couch potato, obese 5' 7" 199 lbs, to my goal weight of under 140. It has been 2 1/2 years and I weighed in at 137.4 this morning after running the Baltimore Half Marathon on Saturday. My wife paved the way for this new lifestyle and its amazing how much she reminds me of Shannon. One of her favorite things to say is similar to Shannon's

"If anything, my love of food has only increased as I became healthier. I no longer waste my time on food that isn't fantastic. Bad french fries? I won't eat another one. Supermarket donut? No thanks. Boxed mix cake? Eh....I deserve the good stuff :)"

You go girls!
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I needed this. Thank you.
  • mom2mcjc
    mom2mcjc Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Word.
  • kiannarb
    kiannarb Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. Everything you said hit home for me. Thanks again
  • erethral
    Options
    I needed these words so much right now. Thankyou for sharing! You're such an inspiration!
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    <3<3 Thank you <3<3

• KellyGettingHealthy
    Options
    What a great and inspiring post! Thank you for sharing with us.
  • ohaston
    ohaston Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I love you ! Thats all I can say! ... And have you ever thought about writing a book, at least a documentary, anything of the sorts ... What an inspiration you are to me and my life. !!!
  • oncem0re
    oncem0re Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I cant believe I just now stumbled to this - great insights and thanks for putting the time and effort to put this together! I'm humbled that you able to share and give some detailed information.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    oncem0re wrote: »
    I cant believe I just now stumbled to this - great insights and thanks for putting the time and effort to put this together! I'm humbled that you able to share and give some detailed information.

Hey, thanks a bunch. I'm still here maintaining, 2.5 years + now :)
  • silvercanoe
    silvercanoe Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational! Thank you for sharing!
  • schillewis
    schillewis Posts: 144 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    This is unequivocally the best thing I've read on the subject of weight loss. For real. I'm printing it out and keeping a copy on my desk for inspiration. Thank you so much for taking the time write this all out. I'm also going to follow your blog. You're an excellent writer and it was a privilege to read this. Thank you :blush:
  • determined24girl
    determined24girl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Your an inspiration! (and look awesome!) Thanks for sharing!
  • MustangIslandMermaid
    Options
    This brought tears to my eyes; I love the way you put things.
  • Gumbie7
    Gumbie7 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring, and great motivation. Really needed this today, thank you! Congratulations on all your success, and for loving who you are!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    So very cool! I bow to you. And I am doing so many right things as you described.
  • nightglo
    nightglo Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Beautiful, thank you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!