2 years of maintenance - 130+ pounds lost

Options

Replies

• billymacintosh
    billymacintosh Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Utterly inspirational and motivational, thanks for sharing your amazing story ???? x
  • MrsJuli4B
    MrsJuli4B Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing, very inspirational.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Huge thank you to everyone for your comments - I appreciate them all!
  • clarion_r
    clarion_r Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    This is the best post I've ever seen on MFP. Thank you for sharing.
  • blueblueheart
    Options
    Well done! Thanks for taking the time to share this. :)
  • gamesandgains
    gamesandgains Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job. You look great.
  • Stenobun
    Stenobun Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    You're fantastic. I rarely read an entire long post, but yours just sucked me in. Your words actually give me renewed confidence. Thanks so much for this!
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Excellent! Thank you :-)
  • MYhealthyjourney70
    MYhealthyjourney70 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    you look great... congrats on your loss
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I SO love your post! I feel almost exactly the same way about almost all of it. Congrats to you, you look amazing!
  • ShannonMpls
    Options
    Stenobun wrote: »
    You're fantastic. I rarely read an entire long post, but yours just sucked me in. Your words actually give me renewed confidence. Thanks so much for this!

I'm not good at being concise. Thanks for reading it all.

And thanks, everyone, for your wonderful support.

• Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I am glad the OP had these results. I on the other hand keep fighting off depression and therefore keep fighting the weight. I was at 370 - then got down to 215... Now I am back up to 255. I started back yesterday, and I am fighting through the lovely cleansing sickness...
  • ShannonMpls
    Options
    Cold_Steel wrote: »
    I am glad the OP had these results. I on the other hand keep fighting off depression and therefore keep fighting the weight. I was at 370 - then got down to 215... Now I am back up to 255. I started back yesterday, and I am fighting through the lovely cleansing sickness...

Depression sucks. I'm sorry you're coping with it. I recognize that I had an easier battle than others, and I wish you the best of luck. Congrats on what you've done so far - 370 to 255 is major!

• clhunte
    clhunte Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you Shannon for sharing this with us!! I have actually gone through your blog entries and have tried to soak up as much knowledge as I can. So much good wisdom there!! I have been overweight for most of my life and currently have about 90 pounds to go (have lost about 11 pounds so far since September!) . I have tried losing before and lost about 40 pounds and pretty much just gave up when I messed up too many times. Of course I gained it all back plus an additional 10 pounds.

Your posts have really helped me to analyze what went wrong with my past weight loss effort, but overall I've learned that I don't have to be perfect and persistence is key!

I also love the part when you talk about loving ourselves now. Being the chubby girl growing up, I've always tied my self-worth to my weight. It's good to be mindful of that now and as I continue my journey.

Again thank you so much for sharing your story and tips with us. You have made me more determined than ever to just keep going despite my slip ups :smile: I look forward to more of your posts later! Also a BIG congratulations on making it to 2 years of maintenance!!!
  • FrankBuck88
    Options
    Beautiful post. Extremely encouraging. I hope many draw strength from your words and find what you've found regarding a healthly and happy lifestyle. Best of luck!
  • WallyH4EverVersion
    WallyH4EverVersion Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    You are absolutely amazing and inspiring ... I am in awe in your success of losing the weight and keeping it off ! Plus your attitude towards the whole losing weight is refreshing and real. Thank you SO MUCH for posting! :)
  • SbetaK
    SbetaK Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Newbies should be directed to your posts and your blog to inhale how success begins, and how you can carry it through. Thank you for sharing your inspirational story and your positive outlook!
  • ncoutlander
    ncoutlander Posts: 3 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Awesome! What a great testimony! Thanks for sharing!
  • rodgersfan
    Options
    That is amazing advice and insight. Thank you!
  • gummibear64
    gummibear64 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your story. I needed that inspiration today.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!