2 years of maintenance - 130+ pounds lost

Options

Replies

• eml298
    eml298 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Every word of this post is fantastic. Thank you for the encouragement and the reality of living more fully. You are truly living your success. :)
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    schillewis wrote: »
    This is unequivocally the best thing I've read on the subject of weight loss. For real. I'm printing it out and keeping a copy on my desk for inspiration. Thank you so much for taking the time write this all out. I'm also going to follow your blog. You're an excellent writer and it was a privilege to read this. Thank you :blush:

Thanks everyone, especially @schillewis‌ - really appreciate the comments :)
  • Jewels211
    Jewels211 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Every single point and word of this is fantastic! THANK YOU. I needed every bit of this!
  • binkrn
    binkrn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You are amazing. This is the single best "post" weight loss success story and update I have ever read. Why? because it is amazingly honest and real. As a fellow Minnesotan, I know how hard it is for some of us to talk about these sorts of things- thank you for not holding back. I started to tear up reading your post, and I am on my way to peruse your blog. I am sure many of us here on our journey read lots of blogs and success stories, looking for that inspiration of "I can do what he/she did- they are a lot like me". I have found that here.
    If you find it reasonable, please add me to friends- I sure would love to maintain following your posts, and maybe ask you some questions along the way. Congrats on your loss and maintaining your new life. I am hoping someday to write a similar story, and talk about not so much of what I have lost, but what I've gained. I agree that a healthy lifestyle change is what I am seeking, too- not a diet. Not a temporary list of can and cannot when it comes to food. Thank you. Bless you. And thank you a little more!!
  • WxMstr
    WxMstr Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! Am I the only one who can't stop laughing looking at that goat posing for the camera :#
  • dragyou
    dragyou Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    What a great read.. Inspirational, motivating, in powering.. Thank you..
  • KeepTheFaith9
    KeepTheFaith9 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Simply awesome. Thank you.
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    What an inspirational post: thank you!
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    An incredible story and very well written...:) Thank you for sharing and inspiring! and congratulations on keeping off the weight you worked hard to lose! Great job!
  • aplcr0331
    aplcr0331 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Wow, I never comment on these things...because..who cares what I have to say. But that was one of the best most well written pieces on weight/diet/food/exercise/motivation that I have ever read. No snark, no egomania, no real put down of anything different....just great stuff.

Seriously, well done.

• ShannonMpls
    Options
    aplcr0331 wrote: »
    Wow, I never comment on these things...because..who cares what I have to say.

I do, @aplcr0331‌ - thanks for the compliment. I try not to be an egomaniac jerk so I'm glad I succeeded :)

• rachellosesitall85
    rachellosesitall85 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Best article ever! Congrats on maintaining. You really touched me here :) It's really about self-love.
  • ShannonMpls
    Options
    It's really about self-love.

Best decision I ever made was to be on my own team. <3

• owlheartt
    owlheartt Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this. I can't stop coming back to it so it's officially the first (and only one thus far) post to be in my bookmarks.
  • laneedygirl
    laneedygirl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting.
  • Holla4mom
    Holla4mom Posts: 587 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    <3 This is such a good post!! I love reading the weight loss success stories but the maintenance stories are even more encouraging because I know that's harder to do for the long term. You look amazing!
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Awesome story...loved what you wrote. I started my journey almost a year to the date of yours. Working on maintaining my 150 lb loss since 3/8/14 ...actually am 15 lbs under what I 'thought' I wanted to be. Am inspired by your journey & pics. You look great.
  • stevesgirl824
    stevesgirl824 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I *love* your perspective and insights on weight loss and maintenance. Thank you for posting!
  • althom2
    althom2 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I never post here, but....

I **LOVE** this post!!! LOVE IT! I have tried and tried and tried over the years to lose the weight, get healthy, blah, blah, blah. It's never worked. This time is SO different. I feel SO DIFFERENT. It's only the beginning but I am down 15 pounds in a little under two months and I feel great. I feel fantastic. I have finally found exercise that feels good to me and I look forward to it everyday. I feel cheated if I don't do it. I have finally changed my relationship with food and that feels awesome too. When I reach my goal weight I hope my transition will be as seamless as yours was... and I believe it will be. Many of the things you describe in this post are the things that are working so well for me for the first time.

GOOD For you!!! You look great! I hope I do hear from you in a year. I will be excited to share where I am in a year.

Thank you SO MUCH for this post!
  • ShannonMpls
    Options
    althom2 wrote: »
    I never post here, but....

I **LOVE** this post!!! LOVE IT! I have tried and tried and tried over the years to lose the weight, get healthy, blah, blah, blah. It's never worked. This time is SO different. I feel SO DIFFERENT. It's only the beginning but I am down 15 pounds in a little under two months and I feel great. I feel fantastic. I have finally found exercise that feels good to me and I look forward to it everyday. I feel cheated if I don't do it. I have finally changed my relationship with food and that feels awesome too. When I reach my goal weight I hope my transition will be as seamless as yours was... and I believe it will be. Many of the things you describe in this post are the things that are working so well for me for the first time.

GOOD For you!!! You look great! I hope I do hear from you in a year. I will be excited to share where I am in a year.

Thank you SO MUCH for this post!

@althom2‌
    Just wanted to reply to say that I know you can do it. When it's different, it's different. When it feels good and not like punishment or torture, you know you're on the right path. I can't wait to read your success story thread :)

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!