Replies

• hlmaus101
    hlmaus101 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Is there a way to make this without velveeta? Hubby hates it >.>
  • ANewCrystal4Life
    ANewCrystal4Life Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    This sounds so good. I think I will make this and serve over sauteed Yellow Squash just to add a serving of veggies.
  • Vaus2000
    Vaus2000 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    bump
  • littleb0peep
    littleb0peep Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Bookmarked this! Nom nom nom
  • kdblpn
    kdblpn Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I love trying new recipes and I love cheeseburgers. Unfortunately, this is not the recipe for me......I tried but ended up throwing it all out except the two bites I tried. Thanks for sharing though.
  • healtheehappee
    healtheehappee Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    This looks amazing
  • Gottagetfit4me
    Gottagetfit4me Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kennethtackett2013
    Options
    i wonder if you could mix the ingredients together into a patty and then steam it instead of frying it.
  • dphipps2
    dphipps2 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
  • RhapsodyWinters
    RhapsodyWinters Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    lina1131 wrote: »
    Let me start by saying that if you want a pretty dish, this isn't the one for you. This isn't pretty at all. It's a mess, but a good yummy delicious mess.

((content deleted to reduce strain on servers. See OP for details))

So, I have much less ingredients, and I'll be making this at home after my workout..after work. Do you happen to know how much a 1/3 cup would weigh? I have a food scale and want to be as accurate as possible.
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    yum this sounds good , but I don't have a crockpot ! too broke to buy one at this stage. But if one day I do, I will try this

Also what kind of cheese is velveeta cheese?
  • RhapsodyWinters
    Options
    IzzyBooNZ1 wrote: »
    yum this sounds good , but I don't have a crockpot ! too broke to buy one at this stage. But if one day I do, I will try this

Also what kind of cheese is velveeta cheese?

I'm sure you could just simmer it over the stove. The only reason you need the crock pot is to melt the cheese. Velveeta is a block of cheese that you buy. It's not refrigerated until after you open it. It comes in different kinds. I used Jalapeno Velveeta. It did all of the flavoring for me in the meat. (so no need for extra sodium from the spices.)

2048x1326

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    lina1131 wrote: »
    Let me start by saying that if you want a pretty dish, this isn't the one for you. This isn't pretty at all. It's a mess, but a good yummy delicious mess.

((content deleted to reduce strain on servers. See OP for details))

So, I have much less ingredients, and I'll be making this at home after my workout..after work. Do you happen to know how much a 1/3 cup would weigh? I have a food scale and want to be as accurate as possible.

www.convertunits.com allows us to convert from one units to another. I chose to convert from cup to gram.
    I stated that I had .3333333 cup and the site told me that it would be 78.86273794705875 grams.

I have 78 g memorized as my portion of beans and rice for many of my meals.
  • heatherlmosher
    heatherlmosher Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Looks delicious! I'm not being snarky but McDonald's cheeseburger is only 300 calories. This one is 280 with a thinwich. Is this bigger and more filling?
  • RhapsodyWinters
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Looks delicious! I'm not being snarky but McDonald's cheeseburger is only 300 calories. This one is 280 with a thinwich. Is this bigger and more filling?

Assuming you're getting just a normal cheesburger, then yes. There's more volume to the meat. Plus, it's healthier because there aren't any additives or preservatives that go into McDonalds Cheeseburgers.
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    hlmaus101 wrote: »
    Is there a way to make this without velveeta? Hubby hates it >.>

no
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Healthier than McDonalds because no additives or preservatives that go into their cheeseburger?! I think not - Velveeta is pretty much orange coloured plastic. But I know that tons of folks love it so I am not knocking its use, just dont agree with the "healthier" label!
  • RhapsodyWinters
    Options
    cross2bear wrote: »
    Healthier than McDonalds because no additives or preservatives that go into their cheeseburger?! I think not - Velveeta is pretty much orange coloured plastic. But I know that tons of folks love it so I am not knocking its use, just dont agree with the "healthier" label!

You're allowed your own opinion.
  • Tolamarie
    Tolamarie Posts: 4,936 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I didn't read all the postings, so don't know if everyone was a fan or not. I made this today following the recipe to a T. My husband who is very easy to please gave it a "minus five stars." This is just his opinion but didn't want everyone to think it was a likable recipe for everyone. I am going to have to throw it out because he said he wouldn't eat it as leftovers, which is unusual.