Replies

• Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    I am grateful for:
    My Awsome husband
    My Fantastic kids
    My Terrific Mother
    With out them there would be no reason for me here.
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    That we have heat in our house, food to eat, and the peace that God provides.
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    Aw, grateful? A bunch of things. I've got a suggestion, though. I LOVE the idea of doing this on a daily basis (see also the "what have you done today to make you proud" thread and how terribly successful it is). So what I wanna do is post here what I feel grateful for on a daily basis.

i am glad u like this. it adds to my awareness of my happy makers!:smile:
    i post in the "proud" thread too. :flowerforyou:

robin:heart:
  • Christianmom
    Christianmom Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am so grateful for:

1. God, my Father, fo giving his only Son to free me and for staying by my side always
    2. My husband (who has magnified his Christian walk this year)
    3. My children with whom I am both blessed & challenged
    4. My job
    5. My health and ability to exercise
    6. My church family
    7. My Tae Kwon Do family
    8. MYFITNESSPAL.COM
    9. My parents who put up with me while I was rebelious and thought I knew it all during my teen years, which seem mild compared to some of today's rebels.
    10. My new friends on this .com
  • jdhsinger
    jdhsinger Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    today I am grateful for:

1.My faith
    2.My husband
    3.Heat in our apartment
    4.Our fake down comforter
    5.Being employed in this scary time
    6.Having hope in this scary time (see #1) :smile:
  • oregonlady
    Options
    what shall i say today?

:heart: ladybugs! i love ladybugs. they are good bugs. not icky or bothersome. and they r pretty.

:heart: jiffy muffin mix. in less than a minite, i whipped up a homemaade breakfast for my family.

:heart: fridays! ~usually a relaxing day 4 me. and i get to enjoy my house i clean on thursdays for a day before it gets messy on the weekend which is often packed w/ things i need do.
  • keiko
    Options
    Robin, you must get up early! It's almost 9am here, I'm in the central time zone. What time is it for you?
    I hope you have a wonderful and relaxing day in your clean house. I usually keep Fridays mostly relaxing but I will need to do some laundry and sucking up of dog fur today.

Today I am grateful that no matter what happens God is in control and he provides for our needs.

For the birds outside that bring joy and peace to my heart. And remind me that God provides.

For my husband who after 15 years of marriage I love more than the day we got married.
  • MrsCallas
    Options
    I am thankful for:

1. My sons blue eyes.... they remind me of the Fathers greatness that is within him :heart:
    2. Patience.... that my husband has it while I take over the living room to exercise :noway: although I hate it too!!
    3. Spit.... it makes the best 15 month old kisses!!!! :smooched:

I love this thread! Thank you for starting it!!
  • berrypatchdesigns
    Options
    -faith in God
    -a wonderful husband
    -two beautiful children
    -sobriety (17+ years!)
    -our house
    -paid bills
    -animals
  • bugmagnt
    bugmagnt Posts: 150
    Options
    Today I am grateful for:

my loving husband
    seeing my Bassett so happy running in the new snow
    my patience and go-get-itness to write another cover letter...
  • oregonlady
    Options
    Robin, you must get up early! It's almost 9am here, I'm in the central time zone. What time is it for you?
    I hope you have a wonderful and relaxing day in your clean house. I usually keep Fridays mostly relaxing but I will need to do some laundry and sucking up of dog fur today.

i get up w/ hubby at 6am. currently, he is a school bus driver. he quit intel over a year go.
    :indifferent: me :smile: him.
    he is still looking for a different job, but in the meantime.....

i'll add to my gratitude list for today now:smile:

:heart: my hubby wants to work and wants me to be home.
    :heart: because of today's exercize, i have almost 1000 cals left today! i'm debating on drinking some of them.
    :heart: bugmagnt's picture w/ a ladybug. it made me smile.

robin:heart::heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • oregonlady
    Options
    i'm not awake yet, but i want to write my list 4 today

:heart: new flanel sheets
    :heart: the color green, my fav color
    :heart: this list! it's really opened my eyes to the pleasures i find in the world.

i might write more in here later today.

robin:smile:
  • keiko
    Options
    Good Morning! (though it's almost afternoon here)

I'm grateful for Saturday Mornings sitting in bed and I don't have anything I have to do today except make dinner later.

For warmer temps outside and a fresh blanket of snow that looks so beautiful

That I feel better than yesterday. Emotionally we are on a roller coaster. I pray God will continue to strengthen us and give us peace.

I'm grateful to Robin for starting this thread.:flowerforyou: It helps me to remember I have much to be thankful for.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    I'm grateful each day I see sunshine!! I'm like a flower when the sunshines no matter what the temp out.

I'm greatful for the wonderful special of group of friends I've made here on MFP that take me as I am and accept me no matter what.

I'm grateful for learning so much about life's lessons from some of the very same ladies, my heart is awakening because of their kindness.

I'm grateful to be getting healthier and healthier each and every day and feeling stronger as I work my body the way it was intended to move.

I'm grateful that I now know where to go here on MFP if I'm knocked down by a troll:sick: ...I didn't used to know my safe places here...thankfully now I know who my true friends are...I thank God for that awareness now...tough road until I figured it out though:huh: :cry: :noway:

Well I keep a gratitude journal so most all of it goes into that each night (as it's less risky than leaving it out in the open here) (yup feeling vulnerable on here again due to some recent issues:cry: ) at the end of my day...but thought I'd jump on here as Robin asked me to.

Have a beautiful Day all:flowerforyou:

FC:heart:
  • oregonlady
    Options
    :heart: jello! sugar free jello of corse.:smile: i'll bet many can relate.
    :heart: my hubby will fold laundry w/ me for hours, if needed.:love:
    :heart: it is super windy outside today. i'm nice a warm in my home.:smile:
    :heart: last night, i saw a mouse in my garage,:frown: i told my dog to get it and he did! :smile: and brought it back to me! :laugh: i am amazed a dog would do such a thing. :bigsmile: move over kitty cats!:huh:
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    I do this on an online gratitude journal. ButterBeeHappy.com It's really nice because it will send you reminders to post something that you are grateful for every day. It's a great way to remember to be grateful even when things aren't going your way :smile:

Thanks that sounds like a good for your soul kinda thing to do daily. Our mental fitness is as important if not more important as our physical well being when it comes to being successful at this.

:heart: Having a God who loves me and gives me strength.
    :heart: My coworkers for understanding I am eating healthy and not offereing me junk to temp me especially Gena who let me borrow her HRM to get my true calories when I exercise and is such a great help for fitness questions and never makes me feel dumb when I ask.
    :heart: My sisters for going through everything with me especially Pam who is also my best friend.
    :heart: Having a good job when so many do not.
    :heart: Having a body that gets me through the day and that I am learning to love as it is!:heart:

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • keiko
    Options
    I am greatful that I live in a country where I can go to church and worship God
    That it is finally warmer out! It's actually up to 21F!!
    That I have a treadmill (I love being outside but winter here is to cold, to icy and just not safe for walking or running)

Robin, that's funny about your dog! Mine would probably have run in the other direction. She's afraid of rabbits! She was chasing one last summer and she ran into our well pipe and caught on one of the bolts. She ended up with about a 4in gash. Had to bring her in for stitches, she spent the night. Had to go back for a couple of check ups, get the stitches out. She has not chased a rabbit since. She only looks at them now.
  • oregonlady
    Options
    Robin, that's funny about your dog! Mine would probably have run in the other direction. She's afraid of rabbits! She was chasing one last summer and she ran into our well pipe and caught on one of the bolts. She ended up with about a 4in gash. Had to bring her in for stitches, she spent the night. Had to go back for a couple of check ups, get the stitches out. She has not chased a rabbit since. She only looks at them now.

i was amazed too!:noway: :noway: your dog story was pretty funny too. :laugh: thank you for sharing it.

now i should add to my grat. list:
    :heart: i have 700 cal. left for tonight! :smile: who would like to join me for a glass of wine?:drinker: :drinker:
    :heart: a big bowl of veges :laugh: - i intend to dine on that w/ my wine. :tongue: yummy dinner!:smile:
  • nwfamilygal
    Options
    I'm grateful that I found this daily gratitude page
    I'm grateful that I get out of bed in the morning
    I'm grateful that I can walk and get my walking done in the out doors.
    I'm grateful that I can hear the birds sing
    I'm grateful that I can see the beauty in the outdoors
    I'm grateful that I can talk to God as I walk and know that he is listening to me :smile:
    I'm grateful to each and everyone of you this has been an answer to my prayer
    Now I'm doing something I never could before loose weight the right way.
    These are the things I am grateful for today and everyday
    Thank you Robin:happy: :flowerforyou:
  • oregonlady
    Options

Thank you Robin:happy: :flowerforyou:

you r very welcome.:smile: this journal is really enhansing my life.

i need to ***** at myself now.:mad:
    i went wayyy over my alotted intake tonight. started off good, then i blew up and ate everything i could. :explode: i've been working so hard! :angry:
    i'm not one to cuss but, _____!!!! :grumble:

ok, i need to try to be grateful for SOMETHING!

:heart: tomorrow is the begining of the rest of my life.
    :heart: i've already lost a lotta weight (but i have little faith in myself for keeping it offf):sick:
    :heart: people say i deserve a break from strict dieting. :flowerforyou: - but i dont believe them kinda people.
    :heart: people say i should not be so hard on myself. :flowerforyou: - i say bull. i know better. i should do what i know is best.:glasses:

i do not like myself right now.:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

robin:sad: :sad: