daily gratitude check

Options

Replies

• Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Robin, it sounds like you had a wonderful time! I am so happy for you! I've been married 15 years and I'm still totally in love with my husband. It's nice to hear that other people are too because to many times we only hear the bad. Thanks for encouraging me!
    Kelly
    I love hearing the good times folks share as well, for in this world we seem to so often hear only the bad stuff in relationships... it's great to offer hope to others so they too can look forward to it!

I think it's vital to younger ppl to hear that life can be great with a partner in marriage...the negative relationships that are so hurtful we seem to hear about more in the news etc. I for one was beginning to think there weren't happily married ppl in this world anymore. That always made me sad to think that might be true:cry::brokenheart: :flowerforyou:

So cheers for you all for sharing:drinker:
    FC:heart:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    Options
    The day is almost gone, it was such a full and beautiful sunny day that I am just now settling down.

A day walking on the beach gave me hours of gratitude.

I've chosen three memories:

~~1. The many differnet types of wildlife I see daily even in the midst of a large city. Today I counted 14 different types of birds near the water, including a Great Blue Heron in flight, a Red Tailed Hawk waiting in a tree for a snake or mouse to show itself, and a Bald Eagle gliding the ridge-line: in a hunt, or sight-seeing?
    ~~2. Driftwood. If you look closely, you can see all sorts of familiar shapes in the twisted, worn and tumbled wood that nature carves and carries to the sands near water.
    ~~3. That twilight color. You know what I mean. The colors of amber and amethyst gems, brilliant fuschias and neon orange. Color that is only seen near water at dusk. Smokey, electric, soothing, reflective.

The beach is a reminder of how small I am.
  • healthy_me
    Options
    A few things I am grateful for

1. My husband. He always tells me that I'm beautiful. He always holds me, touches me, and makes me laugh. We have so much in common and I'm so grateful I have someone I can share this healthy lifestyle with, someone I can hit the gym with, someone I can plan workouts with. I love that we plan our workouts together and try to push each other to the max at the gym.

2. My job. I am an English teacher and I teach students whose first language is not English. They are amazing, wonderful, and so motivated. They open my eyes to the innocence of childhood every single day and remind me to stop taking things so seriously.

3. That my body can do such amazing things. A year ago if someone told me I'd be running 8+ miles nonstop and with a pace of under 9 minutes a mile, I would have laughed. Our bodies are incredible.
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    :smile: good morning grateful peeps!:smile:

:heart: i have time/desire for an extra long workout today
    :heart: cm's beautiful words.
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    :heart: my family
    :heart: my loving parents
    :heart: the gorgeous snow outdoors
    :heart: feel stronger everyday
    :heart: positive feelings and thoughts about my body and health

Also grateful for a new friend I made today at the gym. (a personal instructor)
  • cmriverside
    Options
    :smile: good morning grateful peeps!:smile:

:heart: i have time/desire for an extra long workout today
    :heart: cm's beautiful words.

awwww shucks.:blushing: I'm liking the tee shirt again!

I need some more time - or maybe more life experience - before I post for today's gratitude.....
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    Today I am grateful

for heat in my house. I know I used this before but when it's this cold out I am grateful.

For the dedicated ladies that come to pray at church on Tuesdays.

That my dog has had enough sense to come inside today and I haven't had to go out and call for her to come in. That's how you know it's cold out! She doesn't even want to stay out.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    It is a beautiful frosty-icy cold gray day, and I am grateful to be inside. Robin, the thong is a bit disturbing....:laugh:

I live in gratitude for:

~1. My automatic dishwasher. Nuff said.
    ~2. Not having to drive on the ice and slick roads. I have a strict 'no-dent' policy.
    ~3. SCUBA and all the wonders it has allowed me to witness. I thought I knew a lot about animals. Pffft - I am amazed at the life I never knew existed in my own local waters......
    SCUBA08hdcanal.jpg
  • FletcherChic
    Options
    i thought this gratitude thing would be hard for me because i have ben such a grouch and so mopey about things that i thought for sure i couldn't come up with one single thing to be grateful for...lo and behold....i am grateful for:
    1. MFP - which allows me to keep on track and stay honest
    2. julianna - my amazing go-to gal when it comes to nutrition...she is my godsend...she rescued me!
    3. old friends from way way (way!!) back who have popped back into my life...they remind me that if not for some of my worst life experiences, i wouldn't be the strong woman i am today.
    4. my sweet and wonderful husband - for taking our 4 year old out on tuesday night dates so that i can have some mommy time
    5. the new dance studio down the street - they have a thursday night dance class just for moms! ahhhh - i hope it turns out well....i need an outlet other than my usual gym workouts
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I am grateful for

My bestfriend Tracee, bless her heart, for always believing in me when I'm not so sure I believe in myself! And she is pregnant and wanting me to be her baby's Godmother.

I am healthy and have a happy home life!

I have a great hubby and wonderful 4 year old and both of them are also in great health!
  • oregonlady
    Options
    good morning mfpers

:grumble: my lbs r up today.:grumble: but i'll focus on the good stuff now:grumble:

:heart: son is grateful for the book his aunt sent him for christmas.
    :heart: i scubaed when i was a teenager. now i stick to snorkel. i'm so glad i have those experiences!:smile: how much do u scuba CM?
    :heart: i can dance w/ my daughter in my livingroom. with i could attend Fletcher's dance class. please let us know how it was Fletch.

:huh: i might add more to today's list later.
  • berrypatchdesigns
    Options
    I'm grateful for each new day that I can restart my caloric and exercise intake!

I'm grateful for answered prayers!
  • keiko
    Options
    Sunshine & warmer temps:happy:

ginger tea :drinker: I just had 2 cups

My husband, I :heart: him

Those are what come to mind right now:flowerforyou:
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    When I really think about gratitude I find there is so much I take for granted so I want to list many items but I will limit it to three.

Getting all my students home safely during the storm today.

Knowing most of my family are safe at home.

Having the ability to talk to people I will probably never see but whose support is always generously given to me every day on this site.
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I am grateful for :-

:heart: my body as it transforms into a beautiful shape.
    :heart: God
    :heart: my happy feelings & positive energy
    :heart: glow on my face
    :heart: the fact that I feel more hydrated when I drink enough water.
    :heart: a good night's sleep
    :heart: sunny days
    :heart: my husband
  • crosstitcher0563
    Options
    I'm thank for:
    1. Strength from God for each day.
    2. My body--because I love it through all the ups and downs
    3. My Schipperke dog--she's so happy and cheers me up
    4. My home--it's nice to own a home
    5. Music
    6. My membership at the YMCA
    7. My work out buddies--they keep me going
    8. My online classes-- someday I'll have a degree and get a job.
    9. MFP for helping me count calories and stay on track
    10. Last but not least, My mother who loves me:smooched:
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Keeping it really simple today.

Three MFPers who make me laugh.

1. banks
    2. Shannon
    3. Max

:laugh:
  • oregonlady
    Options
    happy thursday!

:heart: volunteer work.
    :heart: crafts
    :heart: mfp being free!
  • keiko
    Options
    Today I'm grateful for
    a good check up at the dentist
    money to pay for the dentist since we don't have insurance
    ladies bible study later on this morning
  • FletcherChic
    Options
    today i am grateful for...

1. almond milk...so yummy and creamy - this is my morning treat! :love:
    2. today is thursday - tonight is the night i am going to try that new dance class (i hope it is as wonderful as i have built it up to be in my head...please please please be awesome!!!!)
    3. abby, my 4 yr old - i just can't be grumpy around her - she's a ray of sunshine.. my little piece of heaven on earth! :heart:
    4. the sun shining brightly on this chilly day
    5. coffee - without it i think i'd be slowly dragging through the routine :drinker:

Happy Thursday MFPers...i am always grateful for you!!!!