daily gratitude check

Options
this is the plan:smile:
as much as u can, daily if possible, we should note things in life we are grateful for. :flowerforyou: ~and try not to repeat yourself.:ohwell: :smile:

i'll begin this thread w/

1-12-09

1 my new reading glasses that i dont like to admit i need. they enable me to sew/needlepoint.

2 my 14yr son. he does very well in school and not gotten into the wrong crowd or choose to do "bad" things.

3 my 10yr daughter. she is a wonderful little person to spend time w/ since i know the "joy w/ parents" stage might halt in a few years.

4 my husband. we are each other's dream come true.

5 hard boiled eggs. my latest "discovery". only 70 cal each and 6 g protein. the egg white (my preference) has only 20 cal and 4 g protein!

Replies

• oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    this is the plan:smile:
    as much as u can, daily if possible, we should note things in life we are grateful for. :flowerforyou: ~and try not to repeat yourself.:ohwell: :smile:

i'll begin this thread w/

1-12-09

1 my new reading glasses that i dont like to admit i need. they enable me to sew/needlepoint.

2 my 14yr son. he does very well in school and not gotten into the wrong crowd or choose to do "bad" things.

3 my 10yr daughter. she is a wonderful little person to spend time w/ since i know the "joy w/ parents" stage might halt in a few years.

4 my husband. we are each other's dream come true.

5 hard boiled eggs. my latest "discovery". only 70 cal each and 6 g protein. the egg white (my preference) has only 20 cal and 4 g protein!
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    1. Tim Horton's Coffee every morning!
    2. This website
    3.of course my beautiful, yet stressful, 4 kids
    4.my supportive husband
    5. my best friend
    6.my adoring pets :bigsmile:
  • cheermom11
    cheermom11 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I just got home from having a medical procedure. Today, I'm grateful for good health insurance!
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I'm greatful that God has given me another day here.
    That even though it is really cold outside the snow is beautiful to look at. And so are the birds that are eating crazily at the feeders.
    And I am greatful that we have heat in our house.
  • gmpearse
    gmpearse Posts: 136
    Options
    I am grateful for....
    My sisters and how wonderful they have become at being mothers.
    My kids that seem to amaze me every day.
    My husband who has encouraged me on this fitness journey.
    My job in these tough times.
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I posted mine in "chit chat"
  • goochinator
    goochinator Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    What a great thread!

1. I'm grateful for my heath- that I've abused my body and I am still here!
    2. I'm grateful for my job- in this economy, I'm very lucky to be where I am
    3. I'm grateful for my family- the annoyances, the issues, the stress...
    4. I'm grateful for another chance to being healthier
    5. I'm grateful for my best four footed friend, my puppy. He makes me incredibly happy and oh! the love!
    6. I'm grateful for my home, needing new carpet and a new kitchen, but I love it still.
    7. I'm grateful for whatever willpower I can muster up to do the right thing.
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    1. I'm grateful for my sister. No matter how busy my life gets and how little I speak to her as soon as I call her it's like we never had time apart. She's a huge constant presence in my life and she is my rock. She is also my conscience and is the first person who will tell me when I'm being immature or stupid... but she is my biggest cheerleader to and is the first person to sing my praises. :heart: I love that girl.

2. I am so grateful that I was born in this country. I think it's easy to forget how spoiled I am just to be HERE, so whenever I think of how hard life is I just think about what my life might have been like if I had been born in a poor country.

3. I'm grateful for my jobs. My bosses at both have been very understanding when I've been sick and had to take time off.

4. I'm grateful for my health. I'm not the healthiest person in the world but it could be so much worse!
  • oregonlady
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: 1-13-2009:smile:

* my 14 yr son is so very independant! he does not need me to help him take care of his school related responsibilities like getting up/dressed/breakfast on school days or homework. now, how do i get him to clean his bedroom a little bit?

* split pea soup. i love that stuff. it's in the crockpot right now. it's so healthy. but i fear it may have a lotta calories. i need to look it up.

* sticky notes. i keep lists of what i need/want from costco/winco/walmart/etc... on stickys posted next to my fridge. w/ this method, it can stick around for months w/out being misplaced and is easy to get/find and i stick it on the cart when i shop so it's easy to see.

* i was born w/ a pretty face. because of the exercize/dieting i'm doing, my body might be as pretty as a 40+yr old body can get (w/out surgery). even when i was younger, i did not have a pretty body.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I do this on an online gratitude journal. ButterBeeHappy.com It's really nice because it will send you reminders to post something that you are grateful for every day. It's a great way to remember to be grateful even when things aren't going your way :smile:
  • oregonlady
    Options
    today i'm grateful for:
    (i've been doing this daily for a week now. i try not to repeat myself so it's getting tougher)

~ fun (free) www site i found last night that can help teach my 10yr daughter geography.

~ epilators. it took awhile to get used to, but i love epilation! now, i never have razor stubble, i am hair free for weeks, and less grows back every time! i highly reccomend trying it.

~ body lotion. slathering some on after a shower and/or before jammies makes me feel pretty and special. + hubby often pulls me close just to breath my wonderful sent!

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    Today I am greatful for my massage app this afternoon! The woman I go to is wonderful and knows exactly where I hold all my stress. She uses hot stones and does not charge extra. And she is only $30/hr.

My DD found an apartment and it looks really nice, (she needs a job now)

A warm shower.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Today I am grateful for the hot cup of coffee I had when I woke up.:yawn:
    I'm grateful for the hours between 8:40 am and 2:40 pm...kids are in school...peace 'n' quiet woohoo!!
    I'm also grateful that I have an opportunity to improve some aspects of my life now that a major stress factor is gone.:smokin:
  • oregonlady
    Options
    - i am grateful for these lists. lately, i've been going about my day and i suddenly think, "oh i should put that on a gratitude list". the small stuff counts the most for me.:tongue:

- in a few hours, i'll have a clean house. that is if i get off my but and clean it! :grumble:

- my 14 yr son is feeling healthier today (ill yesterday. 1st time in over a year!):smile:

- electricity! at 645 this morning, the electricity in my neighborhood went out! my mind started racing around thinking of how i can help my family get properly prepared for their days. after a long 30secs, the electricity came back on so life was back to normal. (besides the need for resetting some electronics):glasses:

robin:heart::heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • JennyGetsFit
    JennyGetsFit Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea!

There are many things I should be grateful for
    First five that come to mind are:
    - I am happy that I still have a job.
    - I am happy that I am back with exercise.
    -I am happy that I can learn from my mistakes and get back on the wagon.
    -I am happy that most of the time I have the motivation to improve my life.
    -I want to be helpful to others.

(and I am always always happy for the spellcheckers :laugh: - they help most of the time!!!)
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I am grateful for the patience God has taught me in this past year (still needs work but better then I was).
  • wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    1 - I am grateful to be employed.
    2 - I am grateful for my health.
    3 - I am grateful for my ability to be physical.
    4 - I am grateful for my sense of humor, without it I would be lost! :bigsmile:
  • FoxyLoxy
    FoxyLoxy Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am grateful for:

1. God.
    2. My husband who is always so calm and logical.
    3. My son who has my husband's disposition.
    4. My daughter who has mine and constantly reminds of what I'm really like...for better and for worse! LOL
    5. My job - not only that I have one but that it constantly reminds me everyday just how blessed I am.
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I am grateful for:

1: my loving cat Neelix
    2: my loving cat Jade
    3: my boyfriend who understands what I need especially on bad days
    4: my car which withstands my abuse and doesn't need to go to the car Dr.
    5: my 3 /12 year divorce is over (for the most part)
    6: I discovered MFP
    7: Wii Fit
    8: I have a job and it has insurance benefits
    9: I have a roof over my head and the management allows cats
    10: nonfat Chai Tea
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • dewpearl
    dewpearl Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Aw, grateful? A bunch of things. I've got a suggestion, though. I LOVE the idea of doing this on a daily basis (see also the "what have you done today to make you proud" thread and how terribly successful it is). So what I wanna do is post here what I feel grateful for on a daily basis.

To kick off, though, on my side, here it is:
    1. My mum and dad - I wish every child would have those kind of parents, really. (oh, wait, I'm not a child anymore :noway: )
    2. Some of the teachers I had back in school - I am where I am also because of them.
    3. My hubby - for being beside me for all I am, or better said, in spite of all I am (Victor Hugo said it before me :happy:).
    4. My good and truthful friends back home -those who are always there for me, in unspoken ways.
    5. MFP :happy: