Do you Poop more?

Options
I know this is a crappy subject (Pun intended) but do you find yourself in the bathroom more now that you are on a work out and health kick? I mean at the rate that TP is flying off the roll in my house I may invest in Charmin. I can only take this a good thing less processed foods, more veggies and a lot of movement that softens the gut. Am I the only one noticing this or what? I think I say hello to the bathroom at least 3 to 4 times a day and I am not talking about just watering the flowers. Its a fun but serious question.

Replies

• jessicawrites
    jessicawrites Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that, too *blush*. The sense I get is that when you change your eating habits, your body needs a little time to adjust, and *cleaning house* is one way to do that.
  • 19howie78
    19howie78 Posts: 29
    Options
    Im exactly the same,, specially if ive done bootcamp or a run,, i find myself having to make a mad dash for the porcelane,, glad its not just me :-)
  • Gwenski
    Gwenski Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I wish.. but it's getting better..despite tons of fluid and fibre!
    Signed,
    Basically backed up all the way to Bavaria
  • brittany103
    brittany103 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Yes! I just figured that's how the weight is leaving me.
  • muzmacol
    muzmacol Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    err not me, andwhen i do there is a lot less waste!
  • scorpiorlr
    scorpiorlr Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Good to see I am not alone!
  • hosnowjo
    hosnowjo Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Ha, Ha, loving this post. However, the topic is indeed one of huge relevance to us all. Speaking as a trained nurse, the contents of the "bowl" (as in porcelin not the bowel) are important and should be scrutinised. (I can't believe I'm typing this just after having eaten my dinner :noway: )

I use to "fill the bowl" once a day first thing in the morning, but now it can be up to 3 times in a day, especially when I've eaten a lot of veggies. I think cutting back on the amount of bread and cheese has also had a bit of an impact and don't feel as "bunged up" these days.

Can I please add.........no related photos please on this topic - LOLOL
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    That has a lot more to do with diet than exercise, but, yes. If you've changed your diet (and especially if you've increased your fiber!) you'll find that bowel movements increase temporarily. Your body will eventually adapt to it and you'll find they'll slowly get less frequent.

More often, this will also happen when you increase your water intake. Your body, having been dehydrated and so used to needing to "save water for a non-rainy day" for so long, will suddenly find itself with an embarrassment of riches in terms of fluids, and it might just decide that some spring cleaning is in order. This can last a couple of weeks as your body gets rid of all the old material it's been using to retain water with.

Your body retains water in fat. So if you're working out and burning the fat, the body is releasing the water from the fat, and the tissues that remain are waste.

You'll probably find that you need to water the flowers very frequently as well. That also might last a few weeks until your body re-learns how to properly manage your bladder and only tell you it's full when it's really full. Over time, urination will become less frequent - probably less frequent than it was before you increased your water intake. But far more voluminous.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    I love a good poop thread. :love:
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    YES!! I used to have to just sit there on the toilet for forever in order to poop, otherwise I would just go on being bloated. I once went nearly a month without pooping. It was.. horrible. But ever since I started moving and drinking more water.. :love:
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    LOL Actually I was thinking of posting this today also as I was (sitting there for the 3rd time this moring) :blushing: :laugh:
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    . But ever since I started moving and drinking more water.. :love:

A new motto for exercise! "Moving for movements!"
  • FungusTrooper
    FungusTrooper Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Professional marathon runners often have horrible problems with diarrhea, so it's not surprising that getting healthier makes you more able to go.

Just don't take it to the extremes, and neither will your body! Win-win.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    We should start posting pics!
  • surgesilk
    surgesilk Posts: 92
    Options
    Nope. I go once every 5 days or so and just little rabbit turds. I think my body is using everything more efficiently.
  • LinemansWife2003
    Options
    I was just asking my friend the other day if this was normal! I thought I had a virus... but I guess it's all the water and HIGH intensity Zumba!
  • insaneandroid
    Options
    I have been ****tin about the same. I actually got pretty freaked out when I started lowering my calories because I started pooping less. But now it's back to it's 6 inch length again. Nice visual for you there.
  • DrewMaxwell
    DrewMaxwell Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I once went nearly a month without pooping.

I think I would have been hitting some type of laxative way before a month :/
  • Mkepler4
    Mkepler4 Posts: 5
    Options
    I have IBS, so being backed up is a chronic problem for me. I try to throw fiber and veggies in everything, and eat as little cheese as possible. Does anyone know of a good over the counter product that helps without feeling like its tearing your digestive system apart? (I've dealt with this for a while and am past the embarrassment). I'll admit, now that I'm exercising it has improved slightly but its a real downer when I'm not seeing a difference on the scale because nothing is coming out.
  • TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have elegant eliminations :laugh: