Do you Poop more?

Options
124»

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I've found that too much baby spinach and/or apples gives me the opposite problem, ugh. Once I figured that out, my life got better LOL

But I'm just pretty regular. It's interesting to me though...I typically eat between 1300-1550 each day Sun-Fri and have clockwork AM poops, but then after eating around 2000 calories most Saturdays (and tons more physical activity) Sunday mornings I have like "poop of a lifetime" every week haha
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Nope. I've always been fairly irregular and it hasn't changed a bit as I have lost weight. Perhaps because I haven't changed WHAT I eat a whole lot, merely HOW MUCH I eat. I have figured out that when my dietary fat intake is low I will go even longer between poops, but that's about all that's changed.
  • Numberwang22
    Numberwang22 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Far from investing in Charmin PLC, I'm finding the increase in veg resulting in less paper being needed for wiping. Plus the coast guard need only be notified of a 'shipping hazard' every other day ;)
  • pigelty
    pigelty Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    With no shame, I admit that I pooped 5 today.

Depends on what you eat and how your body processes food.

As long as the poop is healthy (check Bristol stool chart) then the excess poop is good.

Your body is ridding itself of toxins and fat. Poop is one way your body sheds fat.

It's constipation thay can be a problem and cause weight gain or inability to loose weight.
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Sadly, I'm the opposite. When I started eating healthier I always exceeded my fibre macro by a long shot ( a good thing, right?) Drank lots of water and increased fruits and veggies. But I became quite constipated. I've been eating not so great lately... lots of fat and carbs and I'm completely regular. Can't figure that one out at all.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Sadly, I'm the opposite. When I started eating healthier I always exceeded my fibre macro by a long shot ( a good thing, right?) Drank lots of water and increased fruits and veggies. But I became quite constipated. I've been eating not so great lately... lots of fat and carbs and I'm completely regular. Can't figure that one out at all.
    Did you start exercising?

Exercise is huge for helping you poop. Exercise, water and fiber. That'll usually do it!
  • Shydivah
    Shydivah Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Whew...thank goodness. I thought it was only me. I have been pooping like crazy. I am also very gassy since I increased my water and fruit intake.
  • richo59
    richo59 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Water the Flowers? I love it. How ladylike. My new favorite saying.
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I notice that I find myself having to go about 5 minutes into playing Wii Skiing - I suppose it's the familiar position?
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options

It's a balance of water, fiber, and fat to be regular. Too little fat and too much fiber can cause constipation.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    walking-zombie-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • annietud
    annietud Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm quite the same as you. Even on prescription meds nothing moves.
    There's some information that some people can't tolerate excess fibre and a low fibre diet is more suitable.
    I'm currently getting checked for ibs-c. My gp has said to slowly change my brown foods to white and reduce fibre to see if that helps.
    On a big weekend or holiday when I eat junk I get 'better'.
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I take 2 teaspoons of NV Natural Calm (Magnesium Citrate) in a cup of boiling water twice a day and that keeps me regular. BIG BADA BOOM.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I don't poop more but I am much more regular. I do pee more.
  • penelopeyvonne
    penelopeyvonne Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know of a good over the counter product that helps without feeling like its tearing your digestive system apart? (I've dealt with this for a while and am past the embarrassment)

Noooo! I used to be regular as clockwork (usually about 8am!) but now ... maybe two, three times a week. So, after plenty of research (thank god for Google!) I bought some Epsom Salts (food grade, not the stuff you would bathe in) and -- I tell you -- works a TREAT but getting the dosage right is key. Too much and ... pardon me :blushing: ... WHOOSH and whoosh again. Would recommend no more than two teaspoons every other day, in fluid. You can take up to a dessert spoon but ... whoosh etc. And it tastes gross, so I always mix it with a fruit squash (cordial with water is, I think, the best description for those of you on that side of the Great Pond).

Note to self: take some tonight, but go easy on it :explode: !!!
  • MissMissle
    MissMissle Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I wish.. but it's getting better..despite tons of fluid and fibre!
    Signed,
    Basically backed up all the way to Bavaria

+1. My daily intake is 18 cups of water, 2 fiber pills, a dose of miralax, a probiotic, fish oil, and sometimes senecot. Sigh....
  • JeffInJax
    JeffInJax Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    For me personally its only about once a day since i started eating healthier, and whenever i have a bad day diet wise its pretty bad for a day or two.