3 Months of CrossFit (with comparison pics)

Options

Replies

• mcjabber
    mcjabber Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I also noticed a huge difference after switching to paleo eating (not straight from being vegetarian, although I was veg for 3 years earlier in life and felt like crap all the time, despite making 'healthy' and 'educated' choices. I too have a gluten problem. I'm not a crossfitter (YET) but I've totally noticed my workouts are turbocharged now and my body composition is much better, and my cellulite disappeared too! Hmmm... maybe grains cause cellulite? :laugh:

You look fantastic, and I know you feel fantastic too! Great job!
  • shaywallis
    shaywallis Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    You are my hero!!!!!! This is exactly what I'm trying to do. At this very moment I am the perfect definition of "skinny fat" weighing in around 120lbs. I have the infamous mommy pooch after giving birth to my 4th baby this past August. I just started Crossfit this past week and LOVE IT!!!! It really isnt that "extreme". Is it hard? Yes! But it should be, thats why they call it a work out, because you have to work at it! I'm very weak after being pregnant 4 years in a row. I remember my 1st WOD last week. So many people were cheering me on, one of the trainers stuck with me the whole time, encouraging me. I finished way last and one girl who had been done with her workout decided she would do it again with me so I wasn't alone. I got high 5's all around when I finished. Now when I go for my WOD my coach pushes me, always telling me I can do it and to encouraging me to keep going, and when I cant keep going he ALWAYS tells me good job and praises my hard work. Crossfit is amazing, there is really nothing out there like it <3

oh and I love the veg-paleo switch = ) I was vegan 5yrs and then veg for an additional 3 yrs. I've now been primal/paleo for 5 months. Some days I fall off the wagon but for the most part I stick to my caveman roots =D
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing :smile:
  • JezzD1
    JezzD1 Posts: 431
    Options
    These results are amazing! your dedication both in the kitchen and in the "gym" are really paying off and truly inspirational!! What is crossfit tho? I have heard a few things (all good) and am quite interested...
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    one more thing, even after i was injured out of my own stupidity, i was able to modify the work outs and still maintain my fitness. The purple bikini picture was just before injury at the height of my fitness when i was doing the Whole30 and the green shorts is as of today, 4 months after i got stitches (i had 6 weeks of no activity then resumed crossfit).

BFA3BAE7-E78C-4214-9454-8D41EA5B8ABF-13969-000005B04C2B0EE7.jpg

and here is a brief overview of crossfit: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/AggieCass09/view/crossfit-101-230048
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I Love your shape...Congrats on your success in doing Crossfit....Done it a few times and loved it...
  • tutti777
    Options
    When I took my monthly progress pictures and measurements, I noted three things:

1. I'm bikini ready 50 days before I have to be for the Cayman Islands!

2. I'm super happy about the cellulite vanishing from my *kitten*. Perhaps, this should be #1. I've always just accepted the fact that I would have cellulite---Nope, not any more! *Edit: I deleated the pictures demonstrating this on accident and will need to update them later*

3. The lifting-high compares to NOTHING, not even the runner's high!

4. Abs are made in the kitchen...for real!

Congratulations! Wow! Your hard work has certainly paid off. Question: As for Crossfit, can it be tailored for people, like myself, who have had cervical spine surgery, back surgery, knee surgeries (arthroscopy) and has chronic pain issues. I used to be a power walker and runner but my orthopedic doctor told me just yesterday, when I inquired about light jogging, he only wanted me to run if someone was chasing me. Guess my running days are over. I'm 60 years of age. Did you have all your equipment at your home? Were there DVD's for you to use and go by? I have serious bat wings and want nothing more than wear short sleeves and sleeveless tops again. Anything you can share with me would be much appreciated.

5. I've finally (really) convinced myself that the scale is a ****ty indicator of success.

Now to back up those points...
    2012-04-26192307.jpg
    39e53db0.jpg

The top picture is my 3 Month CrossFit Progress Picture (April 2012, 157 lbs, 19% BF, Paleo, CrossFit). As a point of comparision, the other two photos are from December and May of last year when I was following various methods. The photo on the right is my "before" CrossFit picture which was my "after" NROLFW picture. On the left is a picture of me last May at my lowest adult weight (4 lbs lighter than I am today), this is the one that proves the scale is a ****ty indicator of success---look how squishy I was ("skinny fat" defined!)!!!

And now for the stats between CrossFit Day 1 and CrossFit Day 90:

Lifts

Deadlift 95# 135# (+40)

Squat 95# 140# (+45)

Push Press 45# 105# (+60)

Hang Clean 20# (KB) 85# (+65)

Sled Push 70 105 (+35)

Weight & Inches (CrossFit Day 1 and CrossFit Day 90)

Weight 168 157 (-11 lbs*<-- as a reference I lost ZERO lbs in all of 2011!!!!)

Body Fat 22% 19% (-4%)

Pants Size 8 4 (- 4 sizes)

Right Leg 25.75 24.5 (-1.25)

Hip 41.0 36.75 (-1.25)

Waist 28.25 26.75 (-1.5)

Bust 32.75 32.75 (No change...yes!!!)

Right Arm 11.5 11.0 (-0.5)

Neck 12.0 11.75 (-0.25)

Wrist 5.75 5.75 (No change, but I have arm veins now!!!)

Total Inches Lost -4.75 inches*

A note on the weight and inches lost, I 100% believe the fact that I lost weight, dropped body fat, acquired arm veins, and have visible abs all of the time is attributed to my diet. CrossFit has increased my strength tremendously, but my diet is what has helped me look so trim! In all of 2011 when I was a running vegetarian and then a light lifting vegetarian, I lost ZERO pounds. NOT ONE! I actually gained about 15 lbs during the year. But as soon as I switched my diet I instantly felt better (amazing, really) and the pounds started falling off. A month later, I started CrossFit and those results just compounded! I can't wait to see what I look like in the Caymans with 50 more days of training and healthy eating...

Note, I have my body fat measured every month before working out using calipers. The actual percentage may not be 100% accurate, but I'm confident the trends are. Using online calculators, my body fat is generally lower--but I don't trust these methods as much.
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
  • grrupp
    grrupp Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! I am a believer now sign me up for paleo and cross fit :) I seriously am going to look into them though. Congrats on your sucess and thank you for sharing!
  • 141by2016
    141by2016 Posts: 179
    Options
    Whoops. Just realized I am probably feeding a troll. I'm out.
  • MegDaig
    MegDaig Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I like the look you had in the 2011 "Runner" photo much better than the "after Crossfit" look. You looked prettier, and not so overly muscled.

Time to feed the troll....

Who pissed in your cookie jar?

Crossfit and Paleo are what works for her. Clearly she has gotten far superior results doing these two things than what she was doing in the past. To be honest, you are an idiot if you continue to do something that clearly is not working yet expecting a different result. Adaptation and progression.
  • sarita446
    sarita446 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You look great! I've been contemplating joining Crossfit for awhile. There's a box a few miles from my home. I think your photos just convinced me!
  • Rabbit914
    Rabbit914 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Amazing results! I love crossfit and agree that if you find the right place with the right people it can be a positive experience. Congrats on your success and screw the rest of those nay sayers with their unwanted opinions and negative critiques. You tried different things and figured out what worked for you and you enjoy it. You didn't tell anyone that they should do the same. Congrats again!
  • laurelderry
    laurelderry Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I like the look you had in the 2011 "Runner" photo much better than the "after Crossfit" look. You looked prettier, and not so overly muscled.

I bet you think girls shouldn't lift too? That it makes them manish? She is strong, beautiful and capable. What does it matter if YOU think she was "prettier"? Take your antiquated expectations about femininity and keep them where they belong: inside your limited framework.

Skinny can be beautiful, strong can be beautiful. She is choosing to be strong, you are choosing whatever you are choosing. And it's all good, we're getting to a healthier state of being. I would kill to be as jacked and stacked as the OP. I am going to go pick up some heavy things now.

YES, YES, YES!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    How pathetic are you people to denigrate this woman's success like this?

AngieCass, I applaud you for your incredible success, bravery in posting your success pics, and for your class in handling the negativity here. You are a great example of what dedication can achieve, and I wish you the best in the future.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    How pathetic are you people to denigrate this woman's success like this?

AngieCass, I applaud you for your incredible success, bravery in posting your success pics, and for your class in handling the negativity here. You are a great example of what dedication can achieve, and I wish you the best in the future.
    Well said.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    To the OP.

How was the transition from a vegetarian to paleo?
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    To the OP: Fabulous results; You look incredible.

The the person who decided to bump this thread with the sole purpose of bashing the OP and CrossFit: Get. A. Life.
  • zorreena
    zorreena Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!' I started my journey with the end goal to look like you. I want to be muscled, defined and feel great. I lost weight through calorie reduction and was skinny fat a year ago and I felt weak. I gained the weight back because I felt better bring fit and heavy. Now after having my two kids I just am curious what I would look like if I could get those muscles. I started with an awesome bootcamp last September for three months. Now I'm doing insanity with my husband and I'm hoping to do weight training using women and weights book as a reference. Women like you are my hero! Congratulations on your sucess I hope I can be posting pictures like that by next year.
  • Pspetal
    Pspetal Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Amazing results OP! You look fabulously fit and healthy and beautiful! I hope to have about half your fitness level soon! Congrats for your success and efforts! :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!