What's your Subway?

Options

Replies

• PrincessTinyheart
    PrincessTinyheart Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Iceman420 wrote: »
    Before 2013: 12" Steak and Cheese sub with regular mayo.

Now: 12" Veggie Delite with lettuce, tomatos, pickles and light mayo.

I could barely eat the first Veggie Delite sub. It tasted TERRIBLE compared to my usual steak & cheese. Now that I've had three veggie subs, I'm starting to get used to them. Everytime I see that "steak & cheese" sign at Subway, I remind myself that I'm a vegetarian now. No more meat!

You should try the veggie patty if you can find it. Just make sure they warm up the patty in the microwave first . It's similar to a juicy veggie burger.
  • DJtobias13
    DJtobias13 Posts: 256 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    LOL @bbell1985 I was thinking the same thing, what Subway line do you ride. NYers
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options

I could barely eat the first Veggie Delite sub. It tasted TERRIBLE compared to my usual steak & cheese. Now that I've had three veggie subs, I'm starting to get used to them. Everytime I see that "steak & cheese" sign at Subway, I remind myself that I'm a vegetarian now. No more meat!

You should try the veggie patty if you can find it. Just make sure they warm up the patty in the microwave first . It's similar to a juicy veggie burger.

@PrincessTinyheart you are responding tona post from 2013. I don't think you will getva response.
  • PrincessTinyheart
    PrincessTinyheart Posts: 679 Member
    Options

@PrincessTinyheart you are responding tona post from 2013. I don't think you will getva response.

@singingflutelady I don't expect a response to anything I write. Lol. I'm just puthing the information out there in case other vegetarians read this thread.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Pastrami on italoan herb with provolone, mustard, pickles and olives.
  • nicholethompson24
    nicholethompson24 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Subway Club on wheat toasted with all the veggies and mustard. No cheese or add my own at home.
  • meglyn25
    meglyn25 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Mmm! Love subway just tried a new one last week it was:
    -Toasted italian bread
    -spinach, lettuce, onions, tomatoes, and olives
    -Subway vinaigrette
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    DJtobias13 wrote: »
    LOL @bbell1985 I was thinking the same thing, what Subway line do you ride. NYers

I know. Lucky I live in NY so I can actually get a good sandwich. People still go to Subway here though. Very confusing to me. Though better for calorie counting.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I worked at Subway as a teenager. The only I trust from there is the bottled Diet Coke. And even then, check the expiration date on the bottle and wash the bottle before drinking from it.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Interesting that not many seem to get it toasted.

I'm in QLD, Australia and so far I haven't found a Subway that has spinach.... TRAVESTY! :sad:

That's interesting, all of the Subways in the US have it. I wish we had some of your ingredients like carrot and tomato relish. I'm also curious about "old English ". Is that a condiment?

They have spinach now, 5 years ago they didn't (when that comment was posted).

Old English is a style of cheese, very orange - come to think of it, it might be American cheese.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    DJtobias13 wrote: »

I know. Lucky I live in NY so I can actually get a good sandwich. People still go to Subway here though. Very confusing to me. Though better for calorie counting.

Yeah, I avoid Subway unless everyone with me really wants it. But at least the pastrami is edible, lol.
  • lightenup2016
    lightenup2016 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    I used to mostly get a footling veggie delight with or without cheese, and most of the veggies. Sometimes a 6-inch veggie patty. Nowadays it's usually:

Turkey on white or wheat, toasted
    Pepperjack cheese or not, depending on my mood,
    Lettuce
    Tomato
    Onions
    Olives
    Jalapeños
    A small amt oil and vinegar
    Black pepper

I always wish they'd put more veggies. Next time I'd like to ask if I can pay for extra of all of the veggies!
  • JessieAbolitionistVegan
    Options
    Italian, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, spinach, sweet onion sauce :) Occasionally I bring vegan cheese slices to add in myself.
  • its_me_april
    its_me_april Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Not sure if they have it where you live, but the rotisserie chicken is the best in my opinion! I’m not a huge subway fan but I’ll eat that any day!
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    Italian bread
    seafood
    lettuce
    provolone cheese
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    I'm a pretty loyal devotee of Subway and usually stick to my same sandwich every time:

6" Chicken teriyaki on wheat w/ old english, lettuce, cucumber, onion and carrot + honey mustard sauce. (375 calories)

Today I unexpectedly changed it up:

6" Steak on wheat w/ old english, lettuce, onion, carrot, capsicum + tomato relish. (379 calories)

Was so good it tasted like a pizza or a burger or something!!

Anyone have any favourites they think are worth trying? What's YOUR subway?

Try any of the sandwiches you love but as a salad. I think it might cost a bit more but with no cheese and honey mustard dressing they can all be pretty darn tasty...plus you can get spinach and lettuce which makes it even better!
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    Tuna with everything, extra onions
  • darrenbradshaw82
    Options
    Used to love their flatbread until they discontinued it

Now it’s a foot long steak and cheese on wheat, toasted. Old English cheese. Lettuce, cucumber, red onion, capsicum, carrot, tomato. Salt and pepper. Honey mustard sauce.

Initially tried to go down the 6 inch path when started watching my diet, but found that I would still be hungry and have to eat something else that knowing my willpower would have a lot more calories than another 6inch sub!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    12” veggie delete on whole wheat flatbread and salt. No oil or mayo. With 2 bags of their diced apples.
  • mfpfreedomnow
    mfpfreedomnow Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    First, put tuna, tomatoes, onions, spinach, and black pepper on a 6" honey oat bread. Toast that. Take it out of the oven. Then add swiss and american cheese.