BL Blue Team WEEK 2

Options

Replies

• borac
    borac Posts: 174
    Options
    Hi Everyone..

Today i was hiknig for 2 hours with a friend of mine.. i think it's about 11 miles . so i'm always very proud of myself when i do it- and i try do to it every saturday- but it doesn't work out all the times..
    and i love the amount of calories you burn while hiking .. :happy:

I don't think i'm going to do any strenght training today - my knees hurt from the 30 day shred. got the yoga dvd from biggest looser excited to see how that one works... never did yoga in my life , so i want to see what it is all about..

also finished my grocery shopping - it's 10 pm.. just got home :yawn: .. bought some " spagheti squash " no clue what you guys do with that.. but i read on some topics about it .. so i got it but no clue how to prepare it ? .. any suggestions ? i don't think i've ever tried any spagheti squash in my life..

aaaand.. i bought a digital food scale- also from biggest looser. it was 17 $.. but i thought i'll make that investment.. to finally see how much i really eat ? ..

ok that's it for today .. hope to see some progress guys :)
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Yoo-Hoo, Blues!! Where are you??? :flowerforyou:

I've gotten icy-hot for my knee and it didn't really do anything except feel, um, icy...hot. :laugh: So, I'm going to try the heating pad thing tonight and hopefully make it to the doctor next week! I tried a knee brace and it made it hurt worse. :grumble: That's not supposed to happen!

I've been cleaning today. I have had an awesome breakfast and awesome snack so far today! It's noon.

For breakfast, I sauteed green peppers and mushrooms in a little Smart Balance butter, then scrambled my eggs with it. I had a piece of whole wheat bread and instant coffee with a tablespoon of vanilla soymilk and Splenda. :love: My snack was a Mocha Chocolate Fiber One bar. Yum!!

What are you guys munching on today? What kinds of exercises are you doing? How do you feel? :flowerforyou:

Wow...your breakfast sounds really yummy! I had oatmeal with a little brown sugar for breakfast. I am actually trying to cook a healthy version of a soul food dinner tonight: collard greens, candied yams, and black eyed peas. I am using no porkfat and only a couple of TBSP of olive oil for the greens. I hope this turns out ok because I am a southern girl and I'm used to cooking soul food with a lot of added fat. But in order to change my health, I've got to learn new ways to cook the foods I love to eat. Wish me luck!

I LOOOOOVE collard greens!! Let me know how your (light) southern cooking went! :wink: For the first time EVER the other day at lunch I found out how green beans taste without being cooked with fat. :laugh: I do miss fried squash...lol. My dinner consisted of some peel-and-eat shrimp from Kroger with tons of Old Bay seasoning on them. Little salty, but it worked! :wink:

How's your day so far? :flowerforyou:
  • Leigh14
    Options
    Hello Everybody!!

I had a great day! I was able to have a little "me" time & get my hair done while my husband watched the girls for about 3 hours! Then when I got home he was agreeable to letting me get on the treadmill while he watched the girls just a bit longer! He's so great!! :wink:

So, I'm feeling good! Energized by my workout & feeling beautiful with my new hair! :wink:

Lucky girl! :wink: :laugh:

Now... come train my bf. :flowerforyou:
  • Leigh14
    Options
    I'm struggling this weekend! I'll gain all my weight back-help!!!:sad:

:flowerforyou: You're doing awesome!! If you're strugging, just remember how STRONG you've been in the past... even the strongest fall a teeny bit sometimes, but that doesn't cancel out what they've already done! You won't gain all that you've lost in one weekend. So, enjoy a little splurge, then make Monday your "start-over" day. :smile: We're all here for you!!
  • Leigh14
    Options
    So yesterday I didn't exercise do to some family problems however I did tonight. I feel so bad however, because I don't feel I worked out to my full protenstional. I normally can do level 2 on the 30 day shred and do pretty good but tonight i was resting all the time. :grumble: I still manged to burn calories but just don't know what is wrong with me. Tomorrow night Im going to do the biggest loser cardio. Thats a great workout too. Great work everyone. :drinker:
    \

Good for you for planning ahead!! :flowerforyou: I know you're a little bit disappointed about last night's workout, but, you tried, you burned calories and you have already lost 27 pounds!!!! :drinker: You're awesome!!
  • Leigh14
    Options
    Hi Everyone..

Today i was hiknig for 2 hours with a friend of mine.. i think it's about 11 miles . so i'm always very proud of myself when i do it- and i try do to it every saturday- but it doesn't work out all the times..

I don't think i'm going to do any strenght training today - my knees hurt from the 30 day shred. got the yoga dvd from biggest looser excited to see how that one works... never did yoga in my life , so i want to see what it is all about..

also finished my grocery shopping - it's 10 pm.. just got home :yawn: .. bought some " spagheti squash " no clue what you guys do with that.. but i read on some topics about it .. so i got it but no clue how to prepare it ? .. any suggestions ? i don't think i've ever tried any spagheti squash in my life..

aaaand.. i bought a digital food scale- also from biggest looser. it was 17 $.. but i thought i'll make that investment.. to finally see how much i really eat ? ..

Spaghetti Squash?? Let us know when you learn what to do with it! I wanna know! :laugh: I just mentioned to someone else that I miss fried squash.

And, where did you get the biggest loser digital scale?? $17 isn't too bad... I've been curious about weighing things, too. I'm sure that will be an excellent investment!

I got a heart rate monitor from Wal-Mart last night! :drinker: I can't remember the name of it. But, I checked ****'s Sporting Good's and Play-It-Again Sports for Polar's and couldn't find one. This one was $50.... we'll see how it goes!
  • Leigh14
    Options
    Sorry for so many messages!! :laugh:
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    I found this recipe at allrecipes.com - there were lots more but this looked good to me!

Spaghetti Squash I
    Submitted by: James
    Rated: 4 out of 5 by 451 members Prep Time: 15 Minutes
    Cook Time: 30 Minutes Ready In: 45 Minutes
    Yields: 6 servings

"Such a perfect name for this squash. When it's baked, its meat looks like glistening strands of pasta. For this recipe, the squash is baked and then combined with feta cheese, sauteed vegetables, olives, and basil. Lovely."
    INGREDIENTS:
    1 spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise and
    seeded
    2 tablespoons vegetable oil
    1 onion, chopped 1 clove garlic, minced
    1 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes
    3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
    3 tablespoons sliced black olives

2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil

DIRECTIONS:
    1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet.
    2. Place spaghetti squash cut sides down on the prepared baking sheet, and bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a sharp knife can be inserted with only a little resistance. Remove squash from oven, and set aside to cool enough to be easily handled.
    3. Meanwhile, heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic, and saute for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, and cook only until tomatoes are warm.
    4. Use a large spoon to scoop the stringy pulp from the squash, and place in a medium bowl. Toss with the sauteed vegetables, feta cheese, olives, and basil. Serve warm.
    ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2009 Allrecipes.com Printed from Allrecipes.com 1/11/2009

Nutritional Information
    Spaghetti Squash I
    Servings Per Recipe: 6

Amount Per Serving

Calories: 148

Total Fat: 9.9g
    Cholesterol: 17mg
    Sodium: 270mg
    Total Carbs: 13g
    Dietary Fiber: 2.8g
    Protein: 4.1g
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Hang in there team mates!! Our weigh in is right around the corner! Let's all pull ourselves together & get through this! Consider these next few days as our last chance workouts!! Let's do it!! :drinker:
  • mrwatson
    Options
    Hi Everyone..

Cut the squash in half lenghtwise and place cut side down in a pan or baking dish and add some water to it. I pop mine in the microwave for about 5 minutes. The time varies depending on the size. I just keep checking it and nuking it again if needed. You could bake it too. After you get it soft and tender, use a fork and scrape out the insides of the squash when it is cool enough to handle. It will be stringy like spaghetti. At our house, we use it just like spaghetti noodles and mix it with pasta sauce, add meatballs, etc.
  • mrwatson
    Options
    Hang in there team mates!! Our weigh in is right around the corner! Let's all pull ourselves together & get through this! Consider these next few days as our last chance workouts!! Let's do it!! :drinker:

I like your thinking! I wasn't able to fit a true workout in yesterday and I hope to make up for it before weigh in. On a more positive note, I did watch my intake more carefully yesterday so that I did not exceed recommended limits.

Go Blue Team!
  • renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Man yesturday was a bad day. Coughing is the only exercise I have done in a week, and I feel horrible for it. Have been doing good for eating except for last night. Had some friends come over for a games night, and I consumed way way to many calories. Only one day of it, so shouldn't be so bad. Will get back on track again today. Hopefully this week I will be able to start back on the treadmill.
  • borac
    Options
    The digital scale i got from fry's they have a whole collection from " biggest looser "

kitchen food scale, personal scale, family cook book, blender/chopper.. etc.. i was positivle surprised to see a whole package from bl.. at fry's.. ..

thank you for the recepies .. i will try it out and let you know how i liked it :)
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    So how's my AWESOME team doing this weekend. Today is a new start to the week.:drinker: What team challenges are we at now? I'm ready to refocus after a cheating PMS weekend. BRING IT! :bigsmile:
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Sorry I've been MIA guys! Having a rough couple of days here. :cry:
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    Options
    Hi Blue Team...My morning has been good...I have 20 more points to go for the rest of the day...I started with 31...now that I've told everyone, I must stick to the plan, can't go over...I'm walking for 30 minutes today....hope all of you "Blue Beauties" have a great day...
  • RainbowNtheWaterfall
    Options
    Sorry I've been MIA guys! Having a rough couple of days here. :cry:

Don't cry cause (singing) "eve-ry lit-tle thing, gon-na be all right", " so don't wor-ry, 'bout a thing"....:flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: ......things will get better...
  • borac
    Options
    So I said once i try the spagheti squash i will inform you guys ..

and i did.. and i love it.. made it with spagheti sauce - onions, beef, salsa.. and parmesan on top

kids are amazed .. i love it.. and i love it that my kids love it !!! . yeayy..

I did bake it in the oven for one hour.. split in half, put some water in dish, cover with foil- voila..

who ever didn't try- try it !
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I can proudly say that today is day 7 of exercise - do you know how many years it's been since I could say that - I am trying hard to kickstart my metabolism. I've alternated...walking, 30 day shred, biggest loser cardio blast, back to basics jump rope, crunches, pushups like listed in the challenge.

But 7 days - I am invigorated!!!

Lcorrell - I think you forgot to mention homemade fried okra....mmmm.

Rach - hang in there! Smile!
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    I can proudly say that today is day 7 of exercise - do you know how many years it's been since I could say that - I am trying hard to kickstart my metabolism. I've alternated...walking, 30 day shred, biggest loser cardio blast, back to basics jump rope, crunches, pushups like listed in the challenge.

But 7 days - I am invigorated!!!

WOW way to go!!! Im going to keep exercising all the way through. Its TOM right now ugh. Atleast I have it under control better now since im now on birth control so im not down for three days anymore. :drinker: So tonight i shall exercise. Biggest loser cardio tonight.