Looking for friends who don't eat "clean" and healthy

Options

Replies

• SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the beeday wishes! @SueSueDio @jcraig10 he doesn't cook often... But when he does it's things like my birthday cheesecake, or curry with homemade curry paste... So if he gets a bee in his bonnet to make some thing I just stand aside and offer tips as needed ("Do I have to use the food processor or do you think the blender will be okay instead?") LOL

Hey, anything's better than nothing!! ;)
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I vote pancakes.

I had rocky road pancakes for my birthday this week and they were yummy. I also go get big pancakes on certain 3 day weekends. I enjoy every bite. I make myself feel better by using sugar free syrup..
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    OhMsDiva wrote: »
    I vote pancakes.

I had rocky road pancakes for my birthday this week and they were yummy. I also go get big pancakes on certain 3 day weekends. I enjoy every bite. I make myself feel better by using sugar free syrup..

birthday week also had fried chicken, delicious red velvet cake, strawberry cupcakes, barbecue, hot wings, cheeseburger. Not my regular diet within a week, but I enjoyed it. I got my butt up and exercised day like always. I gained 1 lb so I am not complaining. I am back on my regular routine now, which still is nowhere close to 100% clean.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    2.4lbs more down in the last 2 weeks yay! Way slower than before but I averaged a lot higher per day too (1500-1600 calories per day vs 1200) so I lost about 1.2lbs per week instead of 2.5-3.5 like I did before. :3 I also had days where I ate tons of food over 2300calories though so I'm okay with this. Lol!
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Texas Roadhouse tonight. Yum!
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    Today was a really bad day for me nutritionally. I had candy for lunch, and a lot of sweets with my friend this afternoon. I did go to the gym tonight as planned though my workout was tough due to my food choices today. Lol. I normally do not eat that much junk while "on plan" but I do believe I stayed within my calories (had to guess at the sweets nutrition because it was locally made at a local coffee shop not Starbucks)

I don't regret the good time I had with my friend and tomorrow I will be back to choosing more nutritionally sound foods lol
  • Verity1111
    Options
    Just an idea but would anyone be interested in a chatroom? We all seem to like to chat Lol. If so there's one here: http://us20.chatzy.com/26353113751741 no sign up needed.
  • Verity1111
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    Today was a really bad day for me nutritionally. I had candy for lunch, and a lot of sweets with my friend this afternoon. I did go to the gym tonight as planned though my workout was tough due to my food choices today. Lol. I normally do not eat that much junk while "on plan" but I do believe I stayed within my calories (had to guess at the sweets nutrition because it was locally made at a local coffee shop not Starbucks)

I don't regret the good time I had with my friend and tomorrow I will be back to choosing more nutritionally sound foods lol

Well you worked out! Don't regret it. Life is too short. :)
  • PizzaWarrior
    PizzaWarrior Posts: 17 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Y'all are my kind of people! I'm a bit late to the party but it's nice to see others on here that believe in indulging when necessary :p
  • Keapix
    Keapix Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I love this thread! I still eat exactly the same foods as I did before... pizza, curry, doughnuts, sausage sandwiches, wine, lemonade, chocolate....... I can't see the point in making changes I won't stick with!
  • PizzaWarrior
    PizzaWarrior Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hey, they say wine is good for you anyway, can't be going and giving that up ;)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Have I said that I top off my carb macro every night with Sour Patch Kids? Mmmmm, Sour Patch Kids. :p
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Yesterday I ate my logged lunch for breakfast, lived on yogurt and a mandarin orange for lunch, arrived home from work grumpy and starving (go figure!), proceeded to have 3 slices of leftover pizza for dinner, but still stayed under my calorie goal for the day. This morning I'm down a pound.

Does that mean mac and cheese for breakfast and pizza for dinner is the new super diet? I wish! But it does mean I can screw up every now and then and not have to worry about one weird day erasing all my progress. That's why MFP works for me, and as far as I'm concerned calories are still king.

Pizza sounds amazing right now! *drool
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    Yes this is why I love the MFP method. If I were doing Whole30 or carb restriction or even WW I would be toast - all I did yesterday was make myself more tired due to having poor nutrition for 1 day - not gonna kill me - and I had a good day. :smiley: Today is business as usual and I can even have a LITTLE candy today too, lol
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    It's Friday so I have ever extra calories today. Tonight that means shrimp tacos and a beer with some lady friends after work.

I have a Samsung Gear Fit2 and now it integrates with MFP. As an incentive for adding that device, I got a free year of MFP premium. Never gave it much thought, but boy is it nice to hard-code my calories by day!

M-Th are lower and F-S are higher.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    Last night was pizza night - 3 slices and 2 bread sticks to go with it! Monday will be steak and taters to celebrate my step-daughter's engagement, and the Sunday after that we are having combined birthday party for the 5 people in the family that have birthdays this month (mine, my daughter-in-law, 2 of my grand daughters and my step-daughter's future husband) - gonna be a good month!
  • Verity1111
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I just fell for Argo Tea. So good! I tried a tiny free sample of their iced tea (so small I didn't even log it because it was like 1 oz lol) which was delicious and I had $4 (forgot my debit card :( boohoo) so I ordered something called a Leek and Parmesan Bistro Savory. The Bistro Savory was basically a buttery pastry dough sort of like a criossant filled with warm melty cheese and leeks....and it was beyond delicious. I was going to eat half for 170 calories, but I ate the whole thing (340calories) because it was just amazing. It's at my college inside one of the buildings on campus and I literally will be waiting until I go back Monday morning and I am planning not to eat breakfast at home so I can eat there and drink tea. lol. I usually use a lot of my calories on school mornings because I have a Monster Energy (210 calories) and a breakfast sandwich or something similar (200-250 calories) so I will be getting a macaron either raspberry or chocolate (80-100 cal) and either a breakfast sandwich and eating half (it's over 500 for the whole thing) or another savory (340cal) with spinach and feta and a tea (100calories). I don't want to wait! I have a feeling this place will end up being an everyday thing on my school days (Mon, Wed & Fri). They also have this weird thing I want to try called shakshuka that I'm considering which is basically criossant dough with veggies and melted cheese with egg cooked on top all in a bowl!
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Shakshuka is delicious! Traditionally, it's poached egg served on a chunky tomato sauce, but stuff gets added. (It's like... you can have a plain omelette. You can have with cheese. You can have with one or more veggies. And then you get into Spanish omelettes, seafood omelettes, etc.)

Traditional shakshuka doesn't involve the bread (http://toriavey.com/toris-kitchen/2010/07/summer-2010-travel-blog-shakshuka/), though a Middle-Eastern restaurant near me serves it in a hollowed out round loaf.