Looking for friends who don't eat "clean" and healthy

Replies

• Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Shakshuka is delicious! Traditionally, it's poached egg served on a chunky tomato sauce, but stuff gets added. (It's like... you can have a plain omelette. You can have with cheese. You can have with one or more veggies. And then you get into Spanish omelettes, seafood omelettes, etc.)

Traditional shakshuka doesn't involve the bread (http://toriavey.com/toris-kitchen/2010/07/summer-2010-travel-blog-shakshuka/), though a Middle-Eastern restaurant near me serves it in a hollowed out round loaf.

I make red sauce, onions and peppers with my eggs all the time lol so the one at argo tea is a bit more adventurous for me but both sound great! I have no idea why they leave out the tomato sauce, but I think they use a pesto? I'm not hating on the criossant additions though, it sounds so good! Lol.
  • Verity1111
    edited March 2017
    I just ate a Cadbury Cream Egg. I just leave you all with that...

...and some carrot cake with cream cheese frosting is probably going to find it's way into my belly this weekend.

I love carrot cake. I am literally making a list of Argo Tea items I want to try and when I want to try them. Lol. #noshame
  • PizzaWarrior
    PizzaWarrior Posts: 17 Member

...and some carrot cake with cream cheese frosting is probably going to find it's way into my belly this weekend.

Mmmmm, I love me some cream cheese frosting!!! I was over my calorie goal today by 113 calories.... curse you homemade pulled pork!!
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member

But how do you eat yours? ;)

• Spiderpug
    Spiderpug Posts: 159 Member
    Puff pastry is rather high in cals however filled with goats cheese and red onion chutney, with a side salad, is my new favourite dinner!
  • briohne128
    briohne128 Posts: 176 Member
    People that are just like me! As long as I hit or go under my nutrition needs and calories, I eat whatever! For example I had a pizza from Dominos yesterday and I was still under my nutrition needs :)
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    SueSueDio wrote: »

I bite it in half, eat the filling first, then eat the chocolate :)

Isn't that the only way??
  • crooked_left_hook
    crooked_left_hook Posts: 364 Member
    pinuplove wrote: »

Isn't that the only way??

Yep. That's the only way. I prefer to break it length wise along the seam but that doesn't always work out. I also like to try and get the wrapper off in one piece so I can fold it into a neat little square.

Is there a better way?
  • StuDuza
    StuDuza Posts: 39 Member
    I love to eat! (Obviously, thats why Im here ;) ) But I try not to tell myself "no", or Ill start obsessing over it..lol. So, Ill eat chocolate, but TRY not to eat the whole thing of something. But Ive seen people eating SEAWEED on here!! I can NOT do that. Ill eat lunch & dinner..of whatever I want. But Ill eat dinner at around 4:30-5pm and then not eat anything else.
    I like to look at my friends meal diaries, but no one makes them public! Mine is public...for all to see! :)
    1 more thing..FEEL FREE TO ADD ME!!
  • Staceygram
    Staceygram Posts: 147 Member
    StuDuza wrote: »
    I love to eat! (Obviously, thats why Im here ;) ) But I try not to tell myself "no", or Ill start obsessing over it..lol. So, Ill eat chocolate, but TRY not to eat the whole thing of something. But Ive seen people eating SEAWEED on here!! I can NOT do that. Ill eat lunch & dinner..of whatever I want. But Ill eat dinner at around 4:30-5pm and then not eat anything else.
    I like to look at my friends meal diaries, but no one makes them public! Mine is public...for all to see! :)

Seaweed isn't bad in some things. A handful of Asian recipes I enjoy have types of seaweed in them, so I do eat it, but not for health benefits. If I had to just eat seaweed I'd probably gag.
  • dustedwithsugar
    dustedwithsugar Posts: 179 Member
    I just had so delicious dinner! Pan fried salmon, with potatoes first cooked with white wine, then roasted with onion, lots of olive oil and more wine! Vietnamese style green beans on the side. Sounds like strange mix of tastes but it was AWESOME.

Yep. That's the only way. I prefer to break it length wise along the seam but that doesn't always work out. I also like to try and get the wrapper off in one piece so I can fold it into a neat little square.

Is there a better way?
    That's the only way! I'm having cadbury egg as a midnight snack ;)

• Verity1111
    edited March 2017
    StuDuza wrote: »

My diary is open now. It was locked with a key but I just forgot to unlock it lol open to friends only (I just added you though). I eat junk. :P No shame. Also, FYI you won't see many veggies in there lol and I'm a vegetarian...but I don't always log them and recently I haven't had them because I have been so busy I forget to use them so I don't want them to go to waste. I will be making cabbage rolls in a few days though which includes cabbage, onion, green pepper, maybe green onion and tomato soup plus rice and veggie crumbles inside with red pepper so I guess that will be some fresh stuff. lol I was eating a lot of fresh spinach but I cant kept forgetting I had it and it spoiled a few times so I stopped. Maybe Ill buy some now. I have a grocery delivery tomorrow anyway.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member

I usually bite the top off and then try and slurp out as much filling as possible before I have to nibble the shell down a bit... :)

The bottom of the egg is the best part... that's where the chocolate is thickest!
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Heading into the Jewish holiday of Purim. Where we go from house to house, in and out of costume, and give away bags and baskets of goodies. We got one already on Thursday. Had 2 meringue cookies and 2 pieces of saltwater taffy. Going to try very hard to stay on-plan and not overdo... but I will be indulging for the next little while, I think...
  • crooked_left_hook
    crooked_left_hook Posts: 364 Member

I usually bite the top off and then try and slurp out as much filling as possible before I have to nibble the shell down a bit... :)

The bottom of the egg is the best part... that's where the chocolate is thickest!

This is how my boyfriend eats them :)
  • zandrathesweetheart
    zandrathesweetheart Posts: 109 Member
    Add me. I eat whatever I want as long as it fits in my calories. I workout 5 days a week.
  • Verity1111
    Heading into the Jewish holiday of Purim. Where we go from house to house, in and out of costume, and give away bags and baskets of goodies. We got one already on Thursday. Had 2 meringue cookies and 2 pieces of saltwater taffy. Going to try very hard to stay on-plan and not overdo... but I will be indulging for the next little while, I think...

Wthell? I wish we had some Jewish people around here. lol.