Looking for friends who don't eat "clean" and healthy

Options

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Ruatine wrote: »
    I really tried to like Halo Top, because I wanted a less caloric alternative for ice cream. I just... can't. It doesn't satisfy my ice cream desire at all. I can eat a whole pint and just feel disappointed because it feels like I wasted a bunch of calories on something that was almost but not quite like ice cream.

Me too! Well, I tried one flavor (mint chip), disliked pretty much everything about it, and decided I'll stick to the real stuff. Plus, if I'm spending that kind of $$$ on ice cream it's going to be Ben & Jerrys. Cookies and cream cheesecake core, to be exact.

I can see the appeal though, and I really wish I liked it!!
  • pinuplove
    Options
    Husband and I did our first 5k yesterday! I walked a lot but also ran a lot more than I expected considering I haven't run in literally a year. Since it was a charity event there were no medals BUT, we each did get a box of free Girl Scout cookies, which my inner fat kid thinks is way bettet than a medal anyway :D

Y'all are so cute!!
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    I really tried to like Halo Top, because I wanted a less caloric alternative for ice cream. I just... can't. It doesn't satisfy my ice cream desire at all. I can eat a whole pint and just feel disappointed because it feels like I wasted a bunch of calories on something that was almost but not quite like ice cream.

Amen. I make room for real ice cream, currently Blue Bunny Cherrific Cheesecake. (I have multiple gallons of this stocked in my freezer right now :p )
    pinuplove wrote: »

Me too! Well, I tried one flavor (mint chip), disliked pretty much everything about it, and decided I'll stick to the real stuff. Plus, if I'm spending that kind of $$$ on ice cream it's going to be Ben & Jerrys. Cookies and cream cheesecake core, to be exact.

I can see the appeal though, and I really wish I liked it!!

I knew I couldn't be the only one. :D I also agree on the $$. I'd much rather do Ben & Jerrys for that price. Although, I'm more likely to buy HEB Creamy Creations Peanut Butter Cup - my ultimate favorite. Yum... I might have just convinced myself to leave some room for a serving of that tonight. :grin:
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    I agree with the Halo Top sentiment. I don't like ice cream that much so when I do what it, I want the real thing.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    drinkers can add me
  • brittyn3
    brittyn3 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Finally got to try the Reese's PB cups stuffed with Reese's Pieces. Not hugely impressed, but not bad.

Also did a big trip to Wegman's today. They had built one about 15 miles away from me several years ago, and although I love Wegman's, the traffic where I live makes that 15 miles feel like forever away. Finally buckled down and did my first trip - and bought tons of fun stuff that caught my eye. Yumm.

I finally tried them as well. I LOVE everything Reeses. Reeses pieces are my favorite right under Reeses. You put those together ::head explosion:: I also love mini eggs, cadbury, the sugar coated chocolate ones. Right now my snack drawer is on point.
  • need2belean
    need2belean Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    If you try to eat perfect and exercise like crazy you set yourself yourself up for failure. Everybody has to take the step that is best for them. I found that sugar makes me hungry and is a trigger food for me. That means I can't eat 2 Hersey's kisses without eating the whole bag! I can, however, eat Buffalo Wild Wings with no problem! My philosophy is eat, pay attention how you feel, record everything, study your results, and don't let anyone tell you what you should or shouldn't do. Now, I am off to go eat some potato chips. B)

"If you try to eat perfect and exercise like crazy you set yourself yourself up for failure"
    I don't believe this is the correct way to say this. I eat a lot of the same things every day but that does not set me up for failure. I also, incorporate those nights of sushi, or froyo, or whatever. Why is eating "healthy" setting yourself up for failure? Healthy is a broad term and I consider myself to eat healthy even when I'm out drinking beer or whatever. I've lost weight this way, and I haven't deprived myself except for that lately, I've chosen food choices over drinking wine every other night like I was. I just chose to not incorporate that into my meal plan. As for exercising, I do agree that exercising too much is bad for you. 2a days aren't really worth it unless you focus more on lifting on those days instead of just straight cardio in my opinion. However, I am still able to workout 5-6 days a week, and until I reach my goal or a life changing event happens, I will continue to get up at 5am and kick my butt.
  • celestestar
    celestestar Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My staple diet is currently chicken rolls from red rooster or chicken treat, maccas and pizza about once a month or two, and oh yeah can't forget the chocolate and coke zero, haven't cooked in a long time so definitely not a clean eater. Yeah i know, not exactly balanced or healthy but that is not my main priority at the moment, neither are macros, counting calories are and trying to keep it under my ttde calorie intake, there are still some days that i go way over. Feel free to add me but my diary is closed i think
  • Ruatine
    Options
    Verity1111 wrote: »
    If you try to eat perfect and exercise like crazy you set yourself yourself up for failure. Everybody has to take the step that is best for them. I found that sugar makes me hungry and is a trigger food for me. That means I can't eat 2 Hersey's kisses without eating the whole bag! I can, however, eat Buffalo Wild Wings with no problem! My philosophy is eat, pay attention how you feel, record everything, study your results, and don't let anyone tell you what you should or shouldn't do. Now, I am off to go eat some potato chips. B)

"If you try to eat perfect and exercise like crazy you set yourself yourself up for failure"
    I don't believe this is the correct way to say this. I eat a lot of the same things every day but that does not set me up for failure. I also, incorporate those nights of sushi, or froyo, or whatever. Why is eating "healthy" setting yourself up for failure? Healthy is a broad term and I consider myself to eat healthy even when I'm out drinking beer or whatever. I've lost weight this way, and I haven't deprived myself except for that lately, I've chosen food choices over drinking wine every other night like I was. I just chose to not incorporate that into my meal plan. As for exercising, I do agree that exercising too much is bad for you. 2a days aren't really worth it unless you focus more on lifting on those days instead of just straight cardio in my opinion. However, I am still able to workout 5-6 days a week, and until I reach my goal or a life changing event happens, I will continue to get up at 5am and kick my butt.

The person said eat perfect, not healthy.

:D Exactly what I was going to say.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    Verity1111 wrote: »

The person said eat perfect, not healthy.

:D Exactly what I was going to say.

Me three! :)

There's nothing wrong with trying to eat "healthy" (whatever that is for the individual), but trying to be "perfect" is what causes a lot of people to give up on their weight loss efforts because they went over their calories or their fat macro or they couldn't resist a chocolate bar and they "JUST CAN'T DO IT so why even bother?".

None of us are perfect, we're just human. If we accept we're going to slip up now and again, it makes life a whole lot easier.

And if we can fit in some of the foods we love AND stay within our goals, so much the better!
  • racergirl1991
    racergirl1991 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Lol....forgot how being a bank teller = yummy treats....
  • minstine
    minstine Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Sharon_C wrote: »
    Ahhh. I finally found my people. I just finished eating my nightly handful of M&Ms.

I measure out 1/4 cup of the peanut butter m&ms for a whopping 220 calories...are you sure we are ok...?lol
  • pinuplove
    Options
    Dinner is pulled pork, cilantro lime rice, black beans on a bed of spinach. So freaking delicious!

That's downright healthy compared to mine! Sounds delicious.

We had Frito chili pie with homemade chili :smiley: And no, I didn't even try to figure out a way to add a veggie.
  • Ruatine
    Options
    I suppose mine was pretty healthy too. Made a pork loin stir-fry that had broccoli, green beans, snow peas and red bell pepper. Yum!
    Lol....forgot how being a bank teller = yummy treats....

I can vouch for this as well. There are always treats at my bank. The tellers constantly have dishes of some type of candy on the counter, and someone leaves goodies in the break room every day.

• ivygirl1937
    ivygirl1937 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Yum!! All your guy's dinners sound amazing!

We had "Whatever I can find in the fridge" breakfast burritos. :lol: This time they consisted of eggs, ground beef, black beans, corn, mushrooms, and red onions with salsa on top. Yummy.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    Gâteau du Vully will be my contribution to the Easter brunch:

vu5z4ujs9044.jpg

It's a yeast dough base (kinda like a bread dough) baked with a butter/heavy cream/sugar mix on top. Sooooo yummy!

But I have to say... that blueberry cake is making me awfully hungry right now.
  • pinuplove
    Options
    Yay, Easter food! I will be making these fresh fruit tarts with pastry cream (I'm cheating and using premade tart shells though): http://www.browneyedbaker.com/fresh-fruit-tart-with-pastry-cream/

0zlfyac3hied.jpg