Looking for friends who don't eat "clean" and healthy

Options

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Is everybody doing something delicious for Easter brunch/dinner? I'm actually going to my sister's in-laws and have no idea what is going to be served. I'm taking lemon blueberry cream cheese coffee cake, though, and I can't wait to have a big ol' piece of it. I will log the best I can, but zero care is going to be taken to stay within calories/macros.

Lemon blueberry cream cheese coffee cake
    z8ym45zs8tjd.jpg

I need the recipe for this!! Pretty please? :blush:
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Is everybody doing something delicious for Easter brunch/dinner? I'm actually going to my sister's in-laws and have no idea what is going to be served. I'm taking lemon blueberry cream cheese coffee cake, though, and I can't wait to have a big ol' piece of it. I will log the best I can, but zero care is going to be taken to stay within calories/macros.

z8ym45zs8tjd.jpg

I found it on Pinterest.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/198932508516850390/
  • pinuplove
    Options

z8ym45zs8tjd.jpg

I found it on Pinterest.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/198932508516850390/

Now there's a rabbit hole I try to avoid at work! lol
  • megzchica23
    megzchica23 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I like to have the best of both worlds. Try to be healthy most of the time but gotta have some fun or what is the point, just in moderation you know. I don't eat clean for sure though. I don't have time and my husband eats enough for 4 or 5 people. So I need things I can buy in bulk cheaply and fresh, organic foods ain't it. Also, I hate my cooking and I hate left overs. So for lunch I eat a TV dinner because I need a break from eating my own gross food all the time. And I made desert time a little better, I eat a yogurt that had peanut butter crunchy stuff and little pieces of chocolate in it. But I do try to get fruit and veggies in. I keep away from certain overly processed foods because I have stomach issues. And I don't really eat junk food and fast food only occasionally because of my stomach.
  • ivygirl1937
    ivygirl1937 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Yay, Easter food! I will be making these fresh fruit tarts with pastry cream (I'm cheating and using premade tart shells though): http://www.browneyedbaker.com/fresh-fruit-tart-with-pastry-cream/

0zlfyac3hied.jpg

We weren't really doing anything super special for Easter but I may have to make this. Yum. Fruit tarts with pastry cream are my favorite dessert, I've recently realized.

You people are always giving me bad ideas - mac and cheese, desserts, new entrees to try.... :wink:
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

z8ym45zs8tjd.jpg

i'm making sneaky quiches and hosting at my house. potluck style. the quiches are sneaky because they use greek yogurt instead of heavy cream, but they're still delicious and use no holds barred homemade pie crusts and tons of cheese.

7kl08oi6qht7.jpg
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Im making ham with a salted caramel glaze. I heart sweet and savory.

Also of course Mac and cheese.
  • TominTorrance
    TominTorrance Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Quiche = YUM Now I'm hungry
  • ConnieT1030
    ConnieT1030 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    :::snarfing down some ice cream:::
    Coworker enters office: Um, you still on that whole weight loss thing..?
    Me: Actually I'm at maintenance. You gotta try this ice cream.
    Coworker: What kind of wizardry diet allows you to eat ice cream?!
    Me: I might have a Kat Kat later. Anyways you need something?

Ha that so mirrors the conversation at the latest lunch with my church group. When we were discussing where to go, one lady says to me "are you still doing that 'diet thing'?" <eye roll> I answered sort of harshly this ISNT a "diet thing" but this was a life change i would probably never stop. (Ive got to learn to be nicer about that!) :disappointed:
    So at the buffet (their usual choice!) I grabbed one of the divine little brownies with the chocolate sauce with my food (the place is jammed on Sundays and they might be gone later!) and someone else says something like "wow if you can eat THAT on a diet, that must be some diet, i want to be on THAT diet" <facepalm>
    Yep i eat dessert every day, whatever fits my calories. I have told them all about counting calories, and CICO, it just all goes in one ear and out the other, they only understand various on again off again fad diets.... smh
  • ConnieT1030
    ConnieT1030 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Dinner is pulled pork, cilantro lime rice, black beans on a bed of spinach. So freaking delicious!

That's downright healthy compared to mine! Sounds delicious.

We had Frito chili pie with homemade chili :smiley: And no, I didn't even try to figure out a way to add a veggie.

Hmm, frito chili pie. Wouldn't that involve beans? Beans are veggies, right? Well I suppose legumes, but thats a class of vegetables they say. I wouldnt add veggie if I was having chili, well actually I intend to, but usually forget, to grate a little carrot into it, because carrots help with the, erm, music to follow.
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    Dinner is pulled pork, cilantro lime rice, black beans on a bed of spinach. So freaking delicious!

We had Frito chili pie with homemade chili :smiley: And no, I didn't even try to figure out a way to add a veggie.

Hmm, frito chili pie. Wouldn't that involve beans? Beans are veggies, right? Well I suppose legumes, but thats a class of vegetables they say. I wouldnt add veggie if I was having chili, well actually I intend to, but usually forget, to grate a little carrot into it, because carrots help with the, erm, music to follow.

Now that I think about it, I never have a veggie when I eat chili. There are tomatoes in chili... that's a veggie fruit. Plus, mine usually has onion - that's a veggie.
  • pinuplove
    Options

:astonished: You are NOT from Texas are you!? Beans in chili :grumble: :wink: There was a minimal amount out tomato involved though. And some onions.
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options

:astonished: You are NOT from Texas are you!? Beans in chili :grumble: :wink: There was a minimal amount out tomato involved though. And some onions.

Agreed! It ain't true chili if there are beans in it. :wink:

My prferred chili recipe includes chuck steak, masa, chocolate and Modelo Negra. No beans. :sunglasses:
  • brittyn3
    brittyn3 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    ughhh these posts makes me wish I could visit my dad for Easter! Sadly, my boyfriend was traveling so I wouldn't have anyone to watch my dachshund. Longgggg story short - maybe I'll treat myself with blaze pizza or something equally fantastic and delicious... MMM super hungry now, all your food looks amazing!
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options

I am a vegetarian now, but even before chili without beans just doesn't sound like chili and sounds gross to me! I LOVE beans.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    Ruatine wrote: »
    There are tomatoes in chili... that's a veggie fruit.

Reminds me of a quote: "Intelligence is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put a tomato in a fruit salad."

;)

Lol. True I guess. Although I would eat a tomato like an apple lol
  • Dawn810511
    Dawn810511 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Verity1111 wrote: »
    Because it's nice when I can eat junk sometimes and no one will judge me. :P lol

Right here! I stay within my calorie goal. I can't afford to eat 100% clean. Wish I could though. Friend me if you would like. I definitely don't judge.