Looking for friends who don't eat "clean" and healthy

Options

Replies

• unicornsuperfan
    unicornsuperfan Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am here 100%. I am incredibly picky and I refuse to eat foods I don't want to just because I should. I do like some foods that are healthy and I eat them, but eating gross foods only because they are healthy and denying myself delicious treats is not how I want to live my life.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :) You might find that your tastes gradually change over time and you figure out a few "healthy" things you do like, but just eating less of the things you love is a great way to start!

(I do eat things that I consider "healthy", but I eat plenty of chocolate and treats as well! :) )
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Finished the meringues and had more taffy. I am going to probably have something tomorrow, be it more hamentashen, jelly beans, Hershey kisses, or licorice allsorts. For now, I'm actually kind of proud of myself. There are more full-fat baked goods and candy in the house now than there have been since I started MFP and I'm actually able to have it around without binging. (Hubby is taking some stuff to work in his lunch, so it's not going to be here indefinitely.)
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend just found Austin and English Cadbury Candy as well as four flavors of Tim Tams at our local Target! I was actually planning on buying them online and had then in my cart on Jet.com, but now I can have them today! I have always wanted to try Tim Tams and I asked him to buy some sort of white cookie Cadbury cookie candy bar too!
  • ivygirl1937
    ivygirl1937 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Verity1111 wrote: »
    My boyfriend just found Austin and English Cadbury Candy as well as four flavors of Tim Tams at our local Target! I was actually planning on buying them online and had then in my cart on Jet.com, but now I can have them today! I have always wanted to try Tim Tams and I asked him to buy some sort of white cookie Cadbury cookie candy bar too!

I have never been happier than the day I found Tim Tams at my local Target. That stuff is beyond amazing. I may or may not have it in my house regularly now.
  • PizzaWarrior
    PizzaWarrior Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    Welcome! :) You might find that your tastes gradually change over time and you figure out a few "healthy" things you do like, but just eating less of the things you love is a great way to start!

(I do eat things that I consider "healthy", but I eat plenty of chocolate and treats as well! :) )

So true! I find myself craving healthy foods like veggies quite often :)
    Although today I caved and had Taco Bell for the first time in ages.... so it still goes both ways for me I guess
  • kmorrow0712
    kmorrow0712 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I've found my people! This is refreshing.
  • Verity1111
    Options

I have never been happier than the day I found Tim Tams at my local Target. That stuff is beyond amazing. I may or may not have it in my house regularly now.

I just tried all 4 that they had and I actually didn't like the original or caramel much, but I loved the dark chocolate and dark mint flavors!
  • Verity1111
    Options
    I've found my people! This is refreshing.

Right? My thoughts exactly. ^_^
  • estherdragonbat
    Options
    Just had hamentashen tonight! And they were goooood!
  • stewartt3260
    stewartt3260 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Ahhh I was craving Chinese tonight! And I completely caved in
  • ivygirl1937
    ivygirl1937 Posts: 899 Member
    Options

I just tried all 4 that they had and I actually didn't like the original or caramel much, but I loved the dark chocolate and dark mint flavors!

I've only had the dark chocolate and dark mint so I can't speak for the other two but that classic dark though. I could easily eat a package myself. :lol:
  • mamagetsphat
    mamagetsphat Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of unprocessed stuff but honestly it's mostly because I was diagnosed with a soy allergy and it's in everything processed and I have pre-diabetes after a gestational diabetes pregnancy so I make a lot of stuff from scratch.

If it didn't spike my sugar I'd eat me some GMO gummy bears on the daily!
  • mamagetsphat
    mamagetsphat Posts: 9 Member
    Options

I baked some with chocolate and sprinkles. So good.
  • estherdragonbat
    Options
    These were jam, but they had chocolate drizzled on them. (And they were miniatures. So cute it was almost a shame to eat them. Almost.)
  • Verity1111
    edited March 2017
    Options

I baked some with chocolate and sprinkles. So good.

I had no idea what those were, but after searching on google I am pretty sure that hamentashen are similar to kolaczkis.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Had breakfast with my son at Village Inn yesterday and got to have French Toast, scrambled eggs, and applesauce. Not at all the calorie bomb I thought it would be and it was so satisfying!
  • rakowskidp
    rakowskidp Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Totally love this thread... I don't avoid anything but meat (it rips my gut to shreds). I'm short on fat & carbs today, so I'll be getting ice cream later - not that Halo Top stuff everyone seems to love, but REAL ice cream (preferably with chocolate and/or peanut butter, unless I get Almond Dream cappuccino flavor... so good!)
  • crooked_left_hook
    crooked_left_hook Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I just hit the Greek market and bought some halva, labne, and baklava...my ex was Turkish and I'm having some major cravings for Turkish treats :) Baked halva and baklava are in my top 10 list of favorite foods ever.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,318 Member
    Options
    It's funny, I never heard the word "clean" eating before mfp. I only modified my foods a little since mfp, I acturally started eating bread & snacks since I started! I love trying new snacks.