Looking for friends who don't eat "clean" and healthy

Options

Replies

• sunfastrose
    sunfastrose Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Update - the chocolate cinnamon rolls' glaze turned out to be coffee flavored. And it was very good. I gave one to my mom - reluctantly - and have three left for myself.
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Ruatine wrote: »
    Dairy queen for dessert!

As much as I'd like to, I can't fit pretty much anything there into my calories. I used to have a Peanut Buster Parfait 2-3 times a month. But at over 700 calories, I just can't seem to make one fit anymore.

Yep, makes me :disappointed: too. I have to have had some serious activity that day or basically not eat much else in order to fit it in. Although... I guess it's more like, fit in what I'd like. I can do a dipped cone pretty easily, but a blizzard is much more difficult.

I feel that way about Snickers Blasts from Sonic :cry: I've had one in the past 3 months, but at 540 calories for the smallest size it's more of a stretch than even I'm willing to make except maybe very, very rarely.

I am this way with Gigi's cupcakes. :/

We (husband and I) used to get 4 cupcakes on a Friday night (so 2 a piece) and split them/eat them throughout the weekend. Now, I am lucky if I can fit one in within a month.

But, I will say this, when I finally do fit one in, it tastes so much better now. I think it is because I appreciate it more.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Update - the chocolate cinnamon rolls' glaze turned out to be coffee flavored. And it was very good. I gave one to my mom - reluctantly - and have three left for myself.

That sounds freaking amazing!
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Dairy queen for dessert!

As much as I'd like to, I can't fit pretty much anything there into my calories. I used to have a Peanut Buster Parfait 2-3 times a month. But at over 700 calories, I just can't seem to make one fit anymore.

Yep, makes me :disappointed: too. I have to have had some serious activity that day or basically not eat much else in order to fit it in. Although... I guess it's more like, fit in what I'd like. I can do a dipped cone pretty easily, but a blizzard is much more difficult.

I feel that way about Snickers Blasts from Sonic :cry: I've had one in the past 3 months, but at 540 calories for the smallest size it's more of a stretch than even I'm willing to make except maybe very, very rarely.

Peanut Buster parfaits are my favorite, but these days it's a small chocolate ice cream cone dipped in cherry. Does the trick! There's quite a few things in the 300-500 range that I can work in on a special occasion and days where I've been super active.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    kenyonhaff wrote: »
    Verity1111 wrote: »
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    There are tomatoes in chili... that's a veggie fruit.

Reminds me of a quote: "Intelligence is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put a tomato in a fruit salad."

;)

Lol. True I guess. Although I would eat a tomato like an apple lol

And then there are those of us who wonder if salsa is technically fruit salad...

Well one of my summertime favorites is mango avocado salsa which I serve over jerk chicken with a black bean and corn salad on the side. Not sure what category to put any of that in, but it is all yummy...
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »

Reminds me of a quote: "Intelligence is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put a tomato in a fruit salad."

;)

And then there are those of us who wonder if salsa is technically fruit salad...

Well one of my summertime favorites is mango avocado salsa which I serve over jerk chicken with a black bean and corn salad on the side. Not sure what category to put any of that in, but it is all yummy...

I love some jerk chicken fresh off the grill... that's how the Jamaicans around here do it.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options

I would have been sad, but only because I don't like coffee! Props for sharing with mom - no doubt there were days she gave you food she would have rather eaten herself :wink:
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »

;)

I love some jerk chicken fresh off the grill... that's how the Jamaicans around here do it.

Oh, man! Living in Idaho, I've never found jerk chicken like we had in Jamaica. So freaking good. I need to stay out of this thread until TOM is over. Making me cravy.
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    Still finals week OY!!! :/ Not sure whats for dinner tonight but I had the weirdest craving for white cheddar macaroni with a hard boiled egg? Lol. So I ate it. *shrug*
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I conned a coworker into bringing homemade lemon bars for Administrative Assistants Day. I made two of those babies fit in my diary today. Currently sitting at work, waiting for her to get here. Breakfast of champions!!!

0srhytm39nz1.png

OiPXgu0.jpg
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I conned a coworker into bringing homemade lemon bars for Administrative Assistants Day. I made two of those babies fit in my diary today. Currently sitting at work, waiting for her to get here. Breakfast of champions!!!

0srhytm39nz1.png

Holy moley those look good.
  • Illy_Mooncat
    Illy_Mooncat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Um hi? I'm back... I not only fell off the wagon, I rolled into the woods, fell unconcious for 3 days, but then awoke and decided to live amongst a wolf pack for a while. But I'm back now... And I'm Keto! Husband and I just started Saturday. We just needed to try something different and we both got really excited about it. In case anyone doesn't know, Keto is high-fat, moderate protien, and almost no carbs and had even been used to treat things like epilepsy, etc. Anyway, I missed y'all! I'm sitting here eating some BBQ flavor porj rinds so... Cheers!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Man, I ate all the things this weekend between my powerlifting competition and Mother's Day. Prime rib and fries, pizza, mocha chocolate chip cookies, ribs, brownies, ice cream and Cadbury mini-eggs (still have some stashed)!

I'm up 5+ pounds this morning, so back to hitting those macros and logging!
  • Illy_Mooncat
    Illy_Mooncat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    @quiksylver296 Mini Eggs... SO glad/sad those are off the shelf for another year!!!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    @quiksylver296 Mini Eggs... SO glad/sad those are off the shelf for another year!!!

Still have one and a half of the ginormous bags left! Stashed them in my bra drawer. But hubby found them yesterday, so we'll see how long they last now. :D
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    I regret I have but one Reese's Peanut Butter Egg remaining and saving that one for my finish line of an upcoming Spartan Race.

Had Ice Cream Nachos with the family for Mother's Day. Multiple scoops of ice cream over broken cone fragments and various flavored toppings, whipped cream, strawberries, bananas, cherries, & sprinkles....
  • Verity1111
    Options
    Um hi? I'm back... I not only fell off the wagon, I rolled into the woods, fell unconcious for 3 days, but then awoke and decided to live amongst a wolf pack for a while. But I'm back now... And I'm Keto! Husband and I just started Saturday. We just needed to try something different and we both got really excited about it. In case anyone doesn't know, Keto is high-fat, moderate protien, and almost no carbs and had even been used to treat things like epilepsy, etc. Anyway, I missed y'all! I'm sitting here eating some BBQ flavor porj rinds so... Cheers!

Did you join the actual group? We have 35 members so I lost track of whos there haha. Welcome back and I hope keto works for you! I cannot. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/119686-the-filthy-eaters-of-mfp < Linkage
  • Verity1111
    Options
    Man, I ate all the things this weekend between my powerlifting competition and Mother's Day. Prime rib and fries, pizza, mocha chocolate chip cookies, ribs, brownies, ice cream and Cadbury mini-eggs (still have some stashed)!

I'm up 5+ pounds this morning, so back to hitting those macros and logging!

Woah haha that's a lot! But I bet you had fun. I had chocolate cake, ice cream and cheese curds yesterday but since that's all I ate all day, I was still below maintenance. Woohoo. lol.