Looking for friends who don't eat "clean" and healthy

Options

Replies

• jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    i put myself up to maintenance calories for a week while recovering from surgery. my mom brought me a half dozen bagels, matzoh ball soup and the best tuna salad ever. i had no trouble hitting or exceeding maintenance goals. back to cutting today. but that still includes an easy mac with tuna for lunch cause i haven't done any shopping or batch cooking.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    I drank two non-light full sugar Margaritas yesterday for my 74th birthday. And I enjoyed every drop o:)

Yay! Happy Birthday :drinker:
  • ivygirl1937
    ivygirl1937 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I drank two non-light full sugar Margaritas yesterday for my 74th birthday. And I enjoyed every drop o:)

Awesome! Happy (belated) Birthday!!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

Mmm, I love margaritas! Happy birthday!
  • brittyn3
    brittyn3 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Had wine and chips last night for a snack. Went together surprisingly well.

No joke - Scotch and doritos, it's fantastic together!
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    YAY a group I can relate to!
  • brittyn3
    brittyn3 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    brittyn3 wrote: »
    Had wine and chips last night for a snack. Went together surprisingly well.

No joke - Scotch and doritos, it's fantastic together!

Not a fan of Doritos. Think it'd be okay if I replaced the Doritos with Scotch?

More scotch the better. Scotch for days, as they say.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    So, I have a craving for toast and peanut butter. Something I haven't had in a while. Grocery shopping so I start looking at bread and decide to buy a loaf. Pick up the cheapest one, and look at the calories. About 75 per slice. I check out another one that is about 50 per slice, but a bit pricier. So I take the lower cal count one.

Guess I should have checked the label a bit closer. The only reason for the lower calorie count is they slice these things paper thing. On a gram per gram basis, it's no different, just that the slices are 2/3rds the thickness.

Enjoyed my snack and I will put money on me throwing more than 1/2 the loaf away as I'm sure I won't get through it. But it makes up the the wings I had Friday (I guess).

Stick the rest of the loaf in the freezer, then you'll have some available if you get a toast craving again! It should be good for a month or two. :)

And yeah, I've been caught out by bread before now... the loaf that I thought was way lower calories turned out to be for just one slice instead of two, so it was actually around the same as the regular stuff! I just don't bother with bread very often now, it's not worth the calories - unless it's one of those with lots of seeds, or a really fresh, crusty unsliced loaf... dammit, now I want a fresh, crusty, unsliced loaf! Going to have to try making one sometime soon.
  • Samjbooksy
    Samjbooksy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    This is me!! I have not massively changed my eating habits, I am just trying to eat less, and as long as I am under my calorie goal and do not go over my daily "fat" allowance most days, I am happy. Completely overhauling my diet, eating "clean" quite frankly would lead to me probably falling down and eating nutella out of the jar with a spoon. I know me, and it needs to suit me and be sustainable for me.

I AM trying to eat less bread, and less fizzy pop, so have bought some flavoured water instead, but other than that, so far I have not made massive changed other than portion size or a different way of cooking.
  • rakowskidp
    rakowskidp Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Samjbooksy wrote: »
    This is me!! I have not massively changed my eating habits, I am just trying to eat less, and as long as I am under my calorie goal and do not go over my daily "fat" allowance most days, I am happy. Completely overhauling my diet, eating "clean" quite frankly would lead to me probably falling down and eating nutella out of the jar with a spoon. I know me, and it needs to suit me and be sustainable for me.

I AM trying to eat less bread, and less fizzy pop, so have bought some flavoured water instead, but other than that, so far I have not made massive changed other than portion size or a different way of cooking.

We do the same with fuzzy flavored waters in our house. They're very satisfying!

• jailyn3
    jailyn3 Posts: 58 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I'm eating the last Girl Scout cookie as I browse these posts. Feel free to add me as I'm always looking for new friends!
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    rakowskidp wrote: »
    Samjbooksy wrote: »

We do the same with fuzzy flavored waters in our house. They're very satisfying!

I've got a sodastream and am finding the fizzy water without flavouring is all I need.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    So, @Verity1111 how is the group? I requested to join, but I guess I'm not dirty enough for it :)

Ditto :laugh: