Looking for friends who don't eat "clean" and healthy

Options

Replies

• CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    I eat food off of the ground. Does that count?

Also, quicksylver, hello from Idaho. How you doing? I never meet Idaho folks on here, except for USCMCPPCPTHCNSV. But she quit talking to me because I'm an idiot. Anyway, where do you get Jamaican food around here?

I'm concerned, if @usmcmp won't speak to you... :p

No clue. Haven't found any. But wasn't looking very hard, either. Saw a food truck downtown once that I meant to try, but I haven't seen it again.

If I remember correctly it had something to do with @JustinAnimal not losing weight due to all the alcohol he was drinking. I couldn't convince him that was part of the problem.

Ah alcohol - the cause of...and solution to all of life's problems...
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    ladyreva78 wrote: »
    Am I still allowed in this club if I admit that I don't really like frosting?

But I am slowly developing a taste for peanut butter... That counts.... right???

A corner should be marked off for such blasphemy.
  • EmotionalEater84
    EmotionalEater84 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    So, because I eat clean we can't be friends because you think I am judging you? Nuts! Wait, can't we just make a no judgement rule on our friendship and live happily ever after? =)
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    So, because I eat clean we can't be friends because you think I am judging you? Nuts! Wait, can't we just make a no judgement rule on our friendship and live happily ever after? =)

Clean eaters are welcome in our group that I made as well. :) It's more of an if you eat clean don't try to force feed me broccoli (although I love broccoli) and I won't try to force feed you ice cream (although most people like ice cream...) I don't know where I was going with this....but anyway, yes! Whoever doesn't judge is welcome :) It is just also nice to have people to share my love of junk food with. You are free to add me or join our group :D just be prepared for lots of junk food lol.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    I actually am eating pretty healthy this week. At least, the food I'm cooking.

Black beans with serrano aioli, potato-beet salad, Moroccan beet greens salad (both of those out of a low-fat cookbook), veggie pate, cilantro hummus, and crockpot applesauce.

Of course I still aim to get my 2 pieces of potato kugel and frosted cookie on Saturday...
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    One person's "clean" is another person's "filthy." I'd venture a guess that most people probably fall somewhere in the middle. I'll just say we love all foods (maybe not quite) equally and everybody is welcome, and leave it at that because I :heart: this thread and don't want to see it go down in flames over another "what is clean eating?" debate.
  • Illy_Mooncat
    Illy_Mooncat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    @pinuplove @Verity1111 Oh oh! I wanna join in the "cream cheese frosting is the best" club! It's pretty much the base of every frosting I make. @rakowskidp there are so many saints I can't imagine y'all are expected to remember each of their feast days lol.
    Tonight I made salmon and zuchinni... And I drowned the zuchinni in a lemon/butter/cream/bacon/bacon grease sauce. I'd take a pic but... It's already gone :D
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    ladyreva78 wrote: »
    Am I still allowed in this club if I admit that I don't really like frosting?

But I am slowly developing a taste for peanut butter... That counts.... right???

Have you, by chance, ever been introduced to my good friend...cookie butter?

lpxcef5wpn1m.jpg

Not to date...

Thankfully, you probably can't get anything similar around here or it'd be going straight to my hips...
    (As in full jar + spoon + me on a sofa = empty jar :tongue: )
  • rakowskidp
    rakowskidp Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Verity1111 wrote: »
    So... I have discovered that cottage cheese, which I pretty much strongly dislike, is AMAZING with guacamole on buttery toast??? This confirms the theory I had that everything is amazing on buttery toast with guacamole. I used a "0" calorie butter spray which I found out is like 20 calories for 20+ sprays but that's worth it and way better than regular butter in that department - plus substantial flavor. It was all so good and since I used 2 slices of 35 calorie bread all of it was 180 calories for a late night meal. Score!

OK, that sounds kinda weird, but I have to try it! I love all the ingredients on their own, so why not smash 'em together?

My favorite combo is a mashed avo with sliced tomato and mozza on a slice of lightly buttered wheat toast.
  • crooked_left_hook
    crooked_left_hook Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    rakowskidp wrote: »
    So... I have discovered that cottage cheese, which I pretty much strongly dislike, is AMAZING with guacamole on buttery toast??? This confirms the theory I had that everything is amazing on buttery toast with guacamole. I used a "0" calorie butter spray which I found out is like 20 calories for 20+ sprays but that's worth it and way better than regular butter in that department - plus substantial flavor. It was all so good and since I used 2 slices of 35 calorie bread all of it was 180 calories for a late night meal. Score!

OK, that sounds kinda weird, but I have to try it! I love all the ingredients on their own, so why not smash 'em together?

My favorite combo is a mashed avo with sliced tomato and mozza on a slice of lightly buttered wheat toast.

Cottage cheese, mixed with really spicy salsa, is amazing on baked potatoes or with chips. But use spicy salsa...the dairy cools the heat but you still want it to be creamy and a little spicy. I learned this trick at a Mexican restaurant that served cottage cheese with their (very spicy) salsa. I also use cottage cheese in lasagne. Cottage cheese is pretty delicious :)
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options

Cottage cheese, mixed with really spicy salsa, is amazing on baked potatoes or with chips. But use spicy salsa...the dairy cools the heat but you still want it to be creamy and a little spicy. I learned this trick at a Mexican restaurant that served cottage cheese with their (very spicy) salsa. I also use cottage cheese in lasagne. Cottage cheese is pretty delicious :)

I use cottage cheese in my baked ziti. Much better texture than ricotta!
  • rakowskidp
    Options

Indeed it is... I add Frank's Red Hot when I want a savory snack, and apricot or mixed berry preserves for sweetness. I have to look for protein wherever I can get it!
  • Verity1111
    Options

I just tried that one recently. By itself with salsa, but it didnt cool it down....but maybe that's because I eat ghost pepper salsa lol but it was good!
  • Verity1111
    Options

It does sound weird! But somehow very delicious. I get weird random cravings. That's how I ended up with cottage cheese - I was craving it. I'm also craving canned tuna or a fish fillet....but I don't eat meat. Odd. Anyway. Your mix sounds great too. :smiley:
  • Verity1111
    Options

Indeed it is... I add Frank's Red Hot when I want a savory snack, and apricot or mixed berry preserves for sweetness. I have to look for protein wherever I can get it!

Everything is improved by Frank's red hot sauce, except maybe ice cream, but I wouldn't count it out right away... lol.
  • EmmaCottrellluv
    EmmaCottrellluv Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Yo I'm the perfect friend for u I don't like to judge
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I want some freaking cottage cheese now! Plain, with pineapple, in lasagna, on avocado toast... It all sounds delicious! I <3 cottage cheese.
  • rakowskidp
    Options
    Everything is improved by Frank's red hot sauce, except maybe ice cream, but I wouldn't count it out right away... lol.
    Seriously... I really do put that s--- on everything (or nearly enough, anyways)!