Maintainers weekly Check-in July 2017

Options

Replies

• kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,975 Member
    Options
    Name: Kathryn
    Height: 5'3.5"
    Total Weight lost: ~70 lbs (I dropped about 10 lbs below original goal)
    Time it took to lose: 10 months (to original goal of 135)
    How long in maintenance: I called maintenance in July 2016, but I have continued to slowly lose so I'm not really sure.
    Maintenance weight range: I am going to go ahead and lower my range again. For now it will be 120 - 125 lbs

Average weight recorded from January: 127.1
    Average weight recorded from February: 126.5
    Average weight recorded from March: 126.2
    Average weight recorded from April: 124.9
    Average weight recorded from May: 124.9
    Average weight from June: 122.8

Week of...
    3rd July: 121.6 scale/122.5 trend
    10th July: 121.2 scale/122.2 trend
    17th July: 121.2 scale/122.1 trend
    24th July:
    31st July:

Success/struggles of the week: Not much going on this past week. I think I am finally maintaining. I have a family reunion this weekend, so we'll see how that goes. I feel pretty confident that I can keep my eating under control, but I am sure there will be a little more indulgences than usual.
  • bringbackthejoy
    bringbackthejoy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Name:BBJ
    Height:5'6"
    Total weight lost: 35 lbs
    Time it took to lose: 5 months
    How long in maintenance: 1 month
    June Goal weight: 115-118

Start of Jan: 148 lbs
    Start of Feb: 139 lbs
    Start of March: 133
    Start of Apr-127.2
    Start of May: 122.6
    28 May-115.0-GOAL
    Start of July-113.4
    July 3-was away being very bad
    July 10-116.8
    July 17-114.8

Struggles: I am just realizing that my "normal routine" this summer is a lot of traveling, eating out and entertaining. That is normal. And if that is normal, how do I make sure that I can maintain the weight-loss? I don't want to be crazy but I have to be incredibly disciplined.
    Success': I got in 4 solid work outs and ate relatively well.
    Upcoming week plan: Do all workouts first thing in the morning so that I don't push them aside for any reason. Stick to the eating/ gym plan I wrote out. Its a good one.

@lorrpb You look great!
    @kgirlhart Have great time at the reunion, it looks like you more than got this!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    @bringbackthejoy I also like to do my workout 1st thing. Not only do I get it done, I feel great the rest of the day!
  • Trina2040
    Trina2040 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Name: Trina
    Total Weight lost: 50ish lbs. (fluctuations)
    Height: 5'2.5"/medium frame/67 yo
    Time it took to lose: 15 months
    How long in maintenance: 2 years, 5 months
    Maintenance weight range: 128 - 132

Average weight recorded from January: 130.3
    Average weight recorded from February: 130.5
    Average weight recorded from March: 130.3.
    Average weight recorded from April: 130.6
    Average weight recorded from May: 130.1
    Average weight recorded from June 131.0

Week of...
    2nd July: 131.2
    9th July: 130.5
    16th July: 130.7
    23rd July:
    30th July:

Success/struggles of the week: All good in my world; no complaints. Back at the gym, week 2, and still cutting calories just a bit to stay into the middle of my maintenance range. Cheers!
  • nichell88
    nichell88 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Name: Nichell
    Height: 5'6
    Total Weight lost: ~50lbs
    Time it took to lose: 5.5 months
    How long in maintenance:almost 9 weeks
    Maintenance weight range: 150-155lbs

Average weight recorded from February: 182.4
    Average weight recorded from March: 173.5
    Average weight recorded from April: 164.5
    Average weight recorded from May: 156.4
    Average weight recorded from June: 152.3

Week of...
    3rd July: not recorded
    10th July: 152.2, 151.6 by trend
    17th July: 150.4, 150.8 by trend
    24th July:
    31st July:

Successes- I've done body composition analyses 3 times over the past month and a half, roughly. This past Saturday, the 15th, I had my best results yet. I lost 2+ pounds in body fat, went up about .5lbs in muscle mass, and went down over a percentage point in my body fat percentage. It was pretty ironic since I had only been a week removed from my vacation, during which I indulged completely without limits.

Struggles- while I was mostly happy with the results of my body composition analysis, at that time, I weighed in at 148.5 lbs, which is below my desired range. I believe I am still losing weight, and I'm trying to work on finding my maintenance calories. At the exact same time, I'm annoyed at myself for setting my original goal with mfp at 150 as opposed to 155. I've been below 150 a number of times throughout my journey with flunctuations, but don't seem to be able to hit it on a Monday which is when I weigh in. I honestly just want the congratulations message from the app, haha. This part is honestly not a struggle, just a superficial desire. I'd rather be in the middle of my range anyway, I think 151-152 is my happy weight.
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Name: Irina
    Height : 5'7"
    Total Weight lost: 75ish lbs
    Time it took to lose: about 10 months
    How long in maintenance: 8 months (apparently i reached my maintenance numbers a little earlier than i remembered, i realized that when i checked on my logs)
    Maintenance weight range, adjusted: 145 - 150 lbs

Average weight recorded from January: 152.3
    Average weight recorded from February: 152.2
    Average weight recorded from March: 151.4
    Range of weight recorded from April 146.6- 150.4
    Range of weight recorded from May 144.6- 151.2
    Range of weight from June 143.6- 153.2
    Week of...
    3rd July: 146 scale, 146.1 trend
    10th July: 145,0 scale, 145.4 trend
    17th July: 149.6 scale, 146.7 trend
    24th July:
    31st July:

Success / struggles of the week :good week overall for me, practically no exercise due to lack of time and needing to prioritize chores over fun. Weight is creeping up, and for that i blame my mango tree, or to be more precise, luck of self control when it comes to my consumption of that wonderful, sweet fruit from it, that we still have abundance of. I simply can't get enough, and help myself to it a lot.
    @lorrpb , you look gret, your stomach looks tighter and you look stronger and fitter overall. Great job!
  • ritagsher
    ritagsher Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm disappointed to arrive back here only to find my contribution to the discussion missing..
    I've been using MFP for 508 days and have lost a total of 46 pounds and my weight continues to drop slowly since I met my goal weight on July 5, 2016. I have since lost an additional 12 pounds. I wanted to check in and add my weight for the week of July 3rd: 133 pounds; for what it's worth.
  • girlgroves
    girlgroves Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    ritagsher wrote: »
    I'm disappointed to arrive back here only to find my contribution to the discussion missing..
    I've been using MFP for 508 days and have lost a total of 46 pounds and my weight continues to drop slowly since I met my goal weight on July 5, 2016. I have since lost an additional 12 pounds. I wanted to check in and add my weight for the week of July 3rd: 133 pounds; for what it's worth.

Hi Rita,

Congratulations on the weight loss!

Your first contribution to the discussion is still there - it's on page one of the thread if you scroll back.
  • girlgroves
    girlgroves Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Name: Mandy
    Total Weight lost: 4 stone (56lbs)
    Height: 5ft 6in
    Time it took to lose: 16 months
    How long in maintenance: 1 year 1 month
    Maintenance weight range: 137 - 140lbs (lowered from 142lbs in June)

Average weight recorded for January: 141.9lbs
    Average weight recorded for February: 141.2lbs
    Average weight recorded for March: 141.2lbs
    Average weight recorded for April: 140.8lbs
    Average weight recorded for May: 141.7lbs
    Average weight recorded for June: 139.7lbs

Week of (I weigh for the record on Fridays)...:
    30th June (for ref): 139.0lbs
    7th July: 139.6lbs
    14th July: 138.2lbs (what?!)
    21st July: 140.4lbs (what?!!)
    28th July:

Successes/struggles of the week: Not sure what's gone on this week either!? I think I thought I could afford to eat more after last week's run of low weights and I've obviously overdone it a bit! My weight has fluctuated more in the last 2 weeks than in the previous 6 all put together!! But it's fine - I know it's because I've not been logging over the last fortnight in an attempt to be more intuitive about my maintaining - and I find it much harder to make small adjustments or keep track of my calories over the week when I'm not logging at all.

No need to panic though - my trend is still under 140lbs and I'm sure I'll get more used to it the more I do it!
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    girlgroves wrote: »
    @CoachJen71 You most certainly are not a fraud!! You are solidly under your maintenance max and have been consistently for months! Less than +0.5lb from last week is absolutely nothing! Take it from me - you've got maintenance sussed, and you really don't need to be worrying about a tiny bit of over-indulgence now and again. Negative thoughts are often our own worst enemies. Hugs

Thanks for the vote of confidence!! :smiley:

• CoachJen71
    Options
    Name: Jen
    Height: 5'2.5"
    Total Weight lost:140lbs
    Time it took to lose: 2.75yrs
    How I lost it: My story
    How long in maintenance : I declared it at 140 in January 2016, but that was too high for a petite lady. Redeclared it 4/14/17.
    Maintenance weight range: Would like to stay under 125 at morning weigh-in.
    Ongoing struggle: I still need to learn to trust my body cues, be content with eating just enough, and stop asking food to be more than just fuel. Life after work is just filled with getting steps and eating food to fill my evening. Really need to make peace with having fewer cals to work with. Contentment and an attitude of gratitude (and maybe a hobby, like sign language) are the order of the day.

January avg weight: 126.8lbs
    February avg weight: 126.1lbs
    March avg weight: 124.6lbs
    April avg weight: 122.9lbs
    May avg weight: 123.4lbs
    June avg weight: 122.6lbs

Week of...
    30th June: 122.6lbs
    7th July: 122.3lbs
    14th July: 122.8lbs
    21st July: 122.4lbs

Successes of the week:
    Was out of the house without my standard pre-packed lunch bag, but managed to eat out anyway. (Dunkin Donuts Wake Up wrap for just over 200 cals.) Also went out for pizza this week without enough cals, bought a garden salad, stole 3 bites of pizza, then bought a Halo Top on the way home for protein. It’s hot, so was a double win!

Challenges of the week:
    High humidity is killing my arthritis. I have to move less, but don’t want to eat less! If I ever have to stop moving I could be in big trouble, but for now I am ok. My 3rd logiversary just passed, but I don't have a post ready to go as PhotoBucket won't let me put up pics anymore. Maybe next month, after summer school is done.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,819 Member
    Options
    Name: Michelle
    Height: 5'1"
    Total Weight lost: Let's say from my very highest (~150 in late 2011), almost 50 lbs.
    How long in maintenance: Since February 2017
    Maintenance weight range: 100ish lbs - 107ish lbs
    Average weight recorded from April: 104.4 lbs
    Average weight recorded from May: 105.1
    Average weight recorded from June: 105.7

Week of...
    July 1st: 106.8
    July 8th: 105.8
    July 15th: 108.0
    July 22nd: 106.2

News of the week: a little frustrated with my weight. I didn't post last week because I was pissed about the number lol. A combo of things I guess - TOM, lifting again, and plain old eating too many calories. I hope it keeps trending downward.

• CoachJen71
    Options
    MichSmish wrote: »
    News of the week: a little frustrated with my weight. I didn't post last week because I was pissed about the number lol. A combo of things I guess - TOM, lifting again, and plain old eating too many calories. I hope it keeps trending downward.

I skip posting on weeks that I am mad/embarrassed too! LOL

• Trina2040
    Options
    Name: Trina
    Total Weight lost: 47 - 50 lbs. (fluctuations)
    Height: 5'2.5"/medium frame/67 yo
    Time it took to lose: 15 months
    How long in maintenance: 2 years, 5 months
    Maintenance weight range: 128 - 132

Average weight recorded from January: 130.3
    Average weight recorded from February: 130.5
    Average weight recorded from March: 130.3.
    Average weight recorded from April: 130.6
    Average weight recorded from May: 130.1
    Average weight recorded from June 131.0

Week of...
    2nd July: 131.2
    9th July: 130.5
    16th July: 130.7
    23rd July: 131.0
    30th July:

Success/struggles of the week: Trending upward again. To all those frustrated this past week, I feel your pain. I'm right there with you. I very much dislike hovering at the top of my weight range and don't want to stay there but also dislike cutting any further. I'm old, cranky, and I want more food. Bleh, carrying on.
  • stephenearllucas
    stephenearllucas Posts: 255 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Name: Stephen
    Height: 6'2"
    Total Weight lost: 80 lbs.
    Time it took to lose: 12 months
    How long in maintenance: 6.5 months
    Maintenance weight range: 180-185 lbs.

Average January weight: 184.7 lbs.
    Average February weight: 182.7 lbs.
    Average March weight: 182.5 lbs.
    Average April weight: 183.1 lbs.
    Average May weight: 182.4 lbs.
    Average June weight: 181.4 lbs.

Week of...
    3rd July: 182.0 lbs.
    10th July: 182.8 lbs.
    17th July: 182.4 lbs.
    24th July: 182.7 lbs.
    31st July:
  • Trina2040
    Options
    @lorrpb, Thanks! I know! I always fluctuate up and down by about 3 lbs. Perfectly normal. It's just my worrisome nature kicking in; it helps to voice it and let it go. I'm happy with my maintenance levels. LOL!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,975 Member
    Options
    Name: Kathryn
    Height: 5'3.5"
    Total Weight lost: ~70 lbs (I dropped about 10 lbs below original goal)
    Time it took to lose: 10 months (to original goal of 135)
    How long in maintenance: I called maintenance in July 2016, but I have continued to slowly lose so I'm not really sure.
    Maintenance weight range: I am going to go ahead and lower my range again. For now it will be 120 - 125 lbs

Average weight recorded from January: 127.1
    Average weight recorded from February: 126.5
    Average weight recorded from March: 126.2
    Average weight recorded from April: 124.9
    Average weight recorded from May: 124.9
    Average weight from June: 122.8

Week of...
    3rd July: 121.6 scale/122.5 trend
    10th July: 121.2 scale/122.2 trend
    17th July: 121.2 scale/122.1 trend
    24th July: 124.4 scale/122.7 trend
    31st July:

Success/struggles of the week: My weight is up a smidge, but I am not worried about it at all. I had my family reunion this weekend and so there was more eating and drinking this weekend than usual. But I logged everything as best as I could, and I was mindful of my portion sizes. I still ate and drank everything I wanted to, but I kept my portion sizes reasonable. So even though my weight is up a little, it is still in my maintenance range and my trend is still relatively the same. Today is actually the one year anniversary of when I called maintenance. And I am down 11 pounds from my original maintenance goal (my trend is actually 13 pounds lower), so I am calling that a success.
  • fidangul
    fidangul Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Name:Fidan
    Height: 171cm
    Total Weight lost: 48kg
    Time it took to lose: 1 year
    How long in maintenance: 1 year 2 months
    Maintenance weight range: 73.3kg and below

Average weight recorded from January: 72.8kg
    Average weight recorded from February: 72.3kg
    Average weight recorded from March: 72.7kg
    Average weight recorded from April:72.5kg
    Average weight recorded from May:72.7kg
    Average weight recorded from June: 74kg

Week of...
    3rd July: 74.7kg
    10th July: 75.1kg
    17th July: 73.3kg
    24th July: 74kg
    31st July:

Success/struggles of the week:
    My migraine hit me really bad this week. I turned to food for some weird reason. I was senselessly eating/drinking anything and everything for no reason. I still made a point of clocking in my daily steps though.