Is Creatine Worth It ?

Options

Replies

• gamblekevin255
    gamblekevin255 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Also, there is no loading or either one of these supplements. Get unflavored and toss it right in with your protein shake
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Also, there is no loading or either one of these supplements. Get unflavored and toss it right in with your protein shake

I always do unflavored and it goes into a shake or cup of milk.

I'm just going to go off creatine and see how my body responds.

Eta I really need to double check my autocorrect.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    I've been bulking since October, taking creatine monohydrate the whole time. I gained an initial 6ish lbs that first month and averaged 2 lbs each thereafter. I'm 5'5"ish, currently 137 lbs, goal is to bulk up to 145. I want to be in this for the long haul, but I'm wondering if the creatine is worth it. I feel like all my weight gain is in my belly (it's not, I've been measuring and am growing everywhere.. but I just feel so bloated all the time). Am I really getting anything out of taking creatine?

Try creatine hcl, Monohydrate tends to bloat most people.

Mono hydrate is cheaper and no, it doesn’t bloat most people. It may bloat a small percentage of people but definitely not most.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    I've been bulking since October, taking creatine monohydrate the whole time. I gained an initial 6ish lbs that first month and averaged 2 lbs each thereafter. I'm 5'5"ish, currently 137 lbs, goal is to bulk up to 145. I want to be in this for the long haul, but I'm wondering if the creatine is worth it. I feel like all my weight gain is in my belly (it's not, I've been measuring and am growing everywhere.. but I just feel so bloated all the time). Am I really getting anything out of taking creatine?

Mono hydrate is cheaper and no, it doesn’t bloat most people. It may bloat a small percentage of people but definitely not most.

The new creatines are just a way to extract more money from a ubiquitous and cheap product.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

The new creatines are just a way to extract more money from a ubiquitous and cheap product.

Bulk HCL is only about 20% higher than Monohydrate. It used to be like 200% higher.

I may give it a go now that it's come down in price.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options

Bulk HCL is only about 20% higher than Monohydrate. It used to be like 200% higher.

Thanks for the information, I haven't priced it in a while but it's certainly was a lot higher. I think the designer ones like Purple K are probably still way too expensive. In any event, the CreaPure that I got was only $20 a KG, less on sale, and that's Canadian so it was one of the cheapest supplements. You could even buy regular creatine for a bit cheaper. I still wouldn't pay extra for the HCL since it has no extra benefits, but that's just me.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    I mistakenly bought 8.8 oz. of HCL from Bulk Supplements and it was only about $14 U.S. Recommended dose is 1500 ml max. It's lasting me awhile. I've had it for about 3 months and still have more than 1/2 left.
  • Wheelhouse15
    edited January 2018
    Options
    mmapags wrote: »
    I mistakenly bought 8.8 oz. of HCL from Bulk Supplements and it was only about $14 U.S. Recommended dose is 1500 ml max. It's lasting me awhile. I've had it for about 3 months and still have more than 1/2 left.

Why is it so under dosed? you need 5g per day. That doesn't make much sense.

Edit: oh wait, ml? Is this a liquid? How much is in 1500ml?
  • stanmann571
    edited January 2018
    Options

Thanks for the information, I haven't priced it in a while but it's certainly was a lot higher. I think the designer ones like Purple K are probably still way too expensive. In any event, the CreaPure that I got was only $20 a KG, less on sale, and that's Canadian so it was one of the cheapest supplements. You could even buy regular creatine for a bit cheaper. I still wouldn't pay extra for the HCL since it has no extra benefits, but that's just me.

It's supposed to dissolve more easily(I've been using the CreaPure) and 20 a kilo is about what I'm paying, the HCL I just priced was $26ish a kilo.

If it slows down the expressway, that's also a benefit.
  • mmapags
    Options

I dunno. I assumed that is a just a different but similar product with different effective dosing. I'm gonna do a quick google search and see what I can find.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options

It's supposed to dissolve more easily(I've been using the CreaPure) and 20 a kilo is about what I'm paying, the HCL I just priced was $26ish a kilo.

$26US? Man, that's like $5000 Canadian! :open_mouth:
  • stanmann571
    Options

I dunno. I assumed that is a just a different but similar product with different effective dosing. I'm gonna do a quick google search and see what I can find.

examine.com says that there's no research support for the lower dosing.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options

You missed my edit, I realize we are talking a liquid now so 1500ml is 1.5L, hmm that still doesn't sound right. Could you double check that?
  • Wheelhouse15
    Options

examine.com says that there's no research support for the lower dosing.

HCL is just a different suspension so it should be roughly the same I would think.
  • mmapags
    Options

What I can see with a quick look is that it is more soluble, so a lower does yields desired effect. FWIW
  • mmapags
    Options

You missed my edit, I realize we are talking a liquid now so 1500ml is 1.5L, hmm that still doesn't sound right. Could you double check that?
    Yeah, good catch. 1500 mg not ml. My mistake.
  • mmapags
    Options

$26US? Man, that's like $5000 Canadian! :open_mouth:

:D