gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Body Beast: Beast Up: Legs"=Done!
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    BettyM1017 wrote: »
    Because of my work schedule, Saturdays seem to work best for my rest day....so here I am...just resting...ish.

I know the struggles of the "rest". it's like..."that's what I'm doing when I'm sleeping"! LOL!

Exactly! Because in the end, I still have to go to work and walk around the restaurant carrying heavy trays. Besides, "rest" is boring!
  • BettyM1017
    Options
    CG Strength and Agility yesterday. I like the new trainer! He knows how to challenge me but still make it interesting and fun!

Hill sprints today. I guess winter is over. It hit 80°F while I was out. Toasty!
  • bobvilla8003
    bobvilla8003 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I will be 45 next month. Been back at the gym to lose 30 lbs.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Did NOT want to workout this morning. Getting to the gym wasn't too bad, but even as I was working out I just did NOT want to be doing it. Pushed myself through 3/4 of my workout, then decided enough was enough and cut it a few minutes short. Oh well, something is better than nothing, and I still got most of it in.
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Did NOT want to workout this morning. Getting to the gym wasn't too bad, but even as I was working out I just did NOT want to be doing it. Pushed myself through 3/4 of my workout, then decided enough was enough and cut it a few minutes short. Oh well, something is better than nothing, and I still got most of it in.

This was me for weeks. When I first started getting back into my MFP routine I was really having trouble waking up early to get in ANY workouts at all. It would be time to get up and I'd just be exhausted still and roll right back over for another hour of sleep. That went on for probably 2 weeks. Now, I'm pretty much waking up early every morning and ready to go (had a bad day last week but that just became my rest day so I didn't stress).

I think being over 40 makes everything just that much harder...
  • nickpnh
    nickpnh Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I lost my lengthy post so hi to the tenured cool kids. I'm glad to be back but sad I need it, again.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Big deload for me this week with Stronglifts, but got 'r done.

Morning 5k done. 10k pending.

Stained and sealed the front paneling for the home bar yesterday. Dark walnut and really coming along great. Onto the trim pieces and finishing the top.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options

This was me for weeks. When I first started getting back into my MFP routine I was really having trouble waking up early to get in ANY workouts at all. It would be time to get up and I'd just be exhausted still and roll right back over for another hour of sleep. That went on for probably 2 weeks. Now, I'm pretty much waking up early every morning and ready to go (had a bad day last week but that just became my rest day so I didn't stress).

I think being over 40 makes everything just that much harder...

Ya, I think part of it was just the simple fact that next week is my scheduled "light" workout week, but this is my first time through my current program (a 5 week rotation with 4 weeks of intense workouts followed by a lighter week to recoup). I've adjusted to the sleep schedule, getting up wasn't too bad, but just a little worn out!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    My wife and I have spent quite a bit of time cleaning out and remodeling the basement this winter, including doing a few upgrades to the pain cave. One of my favorite touches is this hand painted wooden sign, painted by my friend, that now hangs over the bike to remind me that Rule # 36 applies at all times:
    u4b1nbqtw4j1.jpg

• grstorm
    grstorm Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 44. I started 21 Day Fix on Monday. In January I began cutting candy, cookies, soda, juice. I cut flavored creamer and just use half and half. I wanted to slowly implement changes because I have yo-yo'ed and now that I'm older I feel that there are more obstacles than my younger (pre-3 kids days). I have diastisis recti and have to be careful with some stomach exercises. I also developed plantar fasciitis during last years health kick which derailed me completely. I had lost 15 pounds and then gained it back. So here I am. Making a new start. I have been doing lots of calf stretches which is helping me with the plantar pain. I also make sure to close all my apple watch rings and have been slowly building myself back up. I have lost 6 pounds so far. I have another 60 to go. My main downfall has been my mental state. Things get hard and I say "f" it. I fall off the wagon and go back to eating like my husband who loves to eat out and if I'm spending money on food at a restaurant, which is overpriced as it is, then I'm eating it all. My husband has been supportive and he is cooking at home. We haven't perfected not eating out but are making progress because it's also about saving money. I'm adjusting to all the aches and pains, I used 5 and 8 pound weights total and feel it everywhere. It's an adjustment, I would feel like this after 8 mile runs now I feel like a 30 minute workout mixed with some dancing with the kids leaves me burnt. I am looking forward to meeting my goals. Sorry for the overshare but it feels great to get out. Thanks.
  • BettyM1017
    Options
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    Big deload for me this week with Stronglifts, but got 'r done.

Morning 5k done. 10k pending.

Stained and sealed the front paneling for the home bar yesterday. Dark walnut and really coming along great. Onto the trim pieces and finishing the top.

Pictures please!
  • candylilacs
    candylilacs Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I've been twisted up my knees. The dog that I've been petsitting with, I was playing with her and my foot got into a gopher hole (and my ankle twisted, oh by the way I've never replaced that ligament) and I'm come crashing down on the right knee, tearing up that knee (blood) and bruising the left knee.

I'll walk on it and bike on it, but weightlifting is out.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "P90X3: The Challenge"=Done! 15/21!
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    All you old geezers, don't forget to stretch. I'm convinced that a lot of my progress is slow because I have so much tightness in my hamstrings, hips, and calves. My calves feel like they are going to explode when I run, and I have some lower back pain, I'm pretty sure it's all tied together.

One of my main goals now is to get a good stretch in every day and try to use my foam roller. I might even go to a yoga class with the wife this weekend.
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    "P90X3: The Challenge"=Done! 15/21!

15 pushups and 21 pullups? Last time I tried it I could only do like 12 and 8.
  • Tarak15
    Tarak15 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Well I have been checking in for a year and have bounced back and forth on weight. It is time to do this! Logging food is going to be key for me I think. Have a great day everyone!

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,941 Member
    Options
    True, QuikDogs!

Roadie2000 - I do stretch for about 10-15 mins after every workout. But have also decided 1 x yoga per week is a really good overall stretch (in case I fast-pace it in my daily cooldowns).

I am flexible and do have good mobility, but STILL I notice the weeks that i miss yoga!! No bueno.