So what do you think of the new forums?

Options

Replies

• Thaifarang
    Options
    I don't like that you have to click on the thread at it's beginning and then go to the last page, instead of being able to click on the last post.
    I also don't like that my signature and ticker are gone.

No idea about the ticker but if you click on the TIME of the last post it will take you there. At lkeast it just did for me to your post. :)
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    I wish the font was a bit bigger. I have to use my reader glasses to view it online now. I can't read it without resizing on my phone or tablet. This is my #1 complaint. The font is huge when I am typing this post but super tiny when it is posted. Makes no sense to me.

Ctrl++ will make the font more readable. I'm sure it's one of the things they will be working on, as quite a few people have issues with that.
    I don't care about the signature and ticker being gone, but I know some people do.

They are on their to-do list.

To be specific about the font size, I like the size that we have on the Home Page on our News Feed.

CTRL+/CTRL- is not for me. I will just wait until it is fixed or just use my reading glasses.
  • _SantaClause
    _SantaClause Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I wish the font was a bit bigger. I have to use my reader glasses to view it online now. I can't read it without resizing on my phone or tablet. This is my #1 complaint. The font is huge when I am typing this post but super tiny when it is posted. Makes no sense to me.

Ctrl++ will make the font more readable. I'm sure it's one of the things they will be working on, as quite a few people have issues with that.
    I don't care about the signature and ticker being gone, but I know some people do.

They are on their to-do list.

To be specific about the font size, I like the size that we have on the Home Page on our News Feed.

CTRL+/CTRL- is not for me. I will just wait until it is fixed or just use my reading glasses.

What do you mean it's not for you? It's a simple fix to the problem you're having.

• SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    _TylerJ wrote: »

What do you mean it's not for you? It's a simple fix to the problem you're having.

9b2c01a5284643dd877d558088740640007cf1c030abcb24dfb5abbce549132a.jpg
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    Coding to the HTML5 and CSS3 standards would have been nice. But, they are much improved! Kudos!
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    28681-nicki-minaj-Hell-no-gif-LuBd.gif
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    so how do i see my groups?
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    What I wonder is.... how many people will spend less or no time on MFP forums, now that these changes have been made. The last forum I was on that made big sweeping FaceBook style changes like this, lost most of their core members, and was left with the kids. I tried the notifications thing, overnight, and with 100 notifications just from this thread, had to turn it off. I for one, will be spending much less time on MFP, it now just annoys me.
  • SwannySez
    Options
    sloth3toes wrote: »
    What I wonder is.... how many people will spend less or no time on MFP forums, now that these changes have been made. The last forum I was on that made big sweeping FaceBook style changes like this, lost most of their core members, and was left with the kids. I tried the notifications thing, overnight, and with 100 notifications just from this thread, had to turn it off. I for one, will be spending much less time on MFP, it now just annoys me.

Yep. I am pretty sure that the forums will completely wither and die as a result of these changes. Particularly since the forums as they currently exist will never, ever change or improve in any way. Nope. This is it. MFP killed the golden goose. Woe upon them. And there was much weeping and gnashing of teeth.
  • Desterknee
    Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I think it's ugly.
  • Zerodette
    Zerodette Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    From a design standpoint, I agree with the suggestion to change background colors of alternating posts, so it's not white on white on white.
  • _SantaClause
    Options
    j4nash wrote: »

The "Groups" tab at the top....

• SwannySez
    Options
    _TylerJ wrote: »
    j4nash wrote: »

The "Groups" tab at the top....

Wow! Thanks, Tyler, that's like one of the biggest complaints people have...and it's not actually an issue other than people not knowing where to look.
  • Stiang
    Stiang Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I hate change.
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Let's pray about it.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    You can embed Youtube videos, that's awesome!
  • JtKeil
    JtKeil Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    It's definitely strange, may just need to get used to it though. The profile pics are tiny, not liking that at all!
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Not a fan, there is too much white space its blinding they should have kept it the way it was I don't really see the benefit we got from the change
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    I do like when opening up a thread that you have been to before, or replied to before, that it goes to the end of the posts and not always starting at the beginning.
  • _SantaClause
    Options
    Not a fan, there is too much white space its blinding they should have kept it the way it was I don't really see the benefit we got from the change

So much benefit