So what do you think of the new forums?

Replies

• Clickable links is nice. Not nice going on detours when clicking on a users name. :(
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    steve098 wrote: »
    sloth3toes wrote: »
    I haven't given it a chance, and probably won't. Most forum updates suck. Oh, what's in 'my discussions' isn't current at all, so I assume the forums have been pruned. My guess is, the updates were done to accommodate more advertising. That's what usually drives these things.

"I'm Spartacus!"

breakfast

• Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    It's going to take time to get used to it.
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    I love that it resizes images rather than cutting the sides of them off! That'll definitely help with "After" shots ending up off the page. And knowing who is being quoted will be nice.

I just wish the Groups discussion boards were still viewable on the main Message Boards page for the sake of convenience. With groups that aren't super active, it's nice to be able to just glance at the most recently updated thread to see if it's worth navigating over to that discussion board.
  • A test
  • BombshellPhoenix
    edited October 2014
    it's about booty
    Test D;

27yzv3q.jpg

I like the spoiler button!!
  • BombshellPhoenix

There's a gear at the top right of the box to edit within the hour
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    I like this update so far. It's clean, the bookmark feature is exactly what has been missing, and a better quoting display has been long due. Love the quick reply and how it seamlessly goes from full screen to quick reply, and from white to black. THANK YOU for notifications, love it. Easier image linking? About time. :joy: learning curve is not too steep, so I suspect once the forum is fully rolled out and I adjust I will be able to provide a more balanced review.

Also when you click flag, you are able to make a choice for spam right away. Very handy.

For now I will only comment on the white space and font size. Such a waste of screen real estate to have the forums take up only 1/3 of the screen and font size may cause eye strain for some. Some features are still missing but as mentioned, will be added later, so I'm not complaining. If I notice anything else I will post again.
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    I'm still getting the hang of it. I don't hate it yet. It's just new.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    edited October 2014
    I just wanted to post something. :):D:(;):\:o:s:p:'(:|B):#o:)<3 (*) >:)
  • BombshellPhoenix
    edited October 2014
    I think I'm broken, I still have to go to tinypic to upload images. Using the button here isn't working for me :'(

y8y19fmvhfo9.gif

rffxgb1e49fx.png

nvm... just the downloaded files though. I guess that's not too bad

• MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    I'm REALLY liking the ease of reporting spam, and the speed at which the posts are deleted. Hoping that the accounts will be nuked quickly too.
  • assthetik
    assthetik Posts: 3,639 Member

me too
  • assthetik
    assthetik wrote: »

me too
    me too three
    1. What
    2. the
    3. hell
    4. is
    5. this
    • or
    • this
    :'(<3:|
  • assthetik
    edited October 2014
  • territhefrog
    territhefrog Posts: 1,134 Member
    edited October 2014
    4rnmo9ensa8r.jpg
    I just wanted to see if I could attach a picture. Dang. How do I resize the pic to make it smaller??
  • territhefrog
    edited October 2014
    grzkddumxqrk.jpg

How do I resize the pic to make it smaller on here??

Btw...this is my veiled chameleon. His name is Mr. Lizard. He loves to sit on my head while I am at my laptop. I always wear a bandanna when he is sitting on my head.
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    edited October 2014
    x3ocgwekpte9.jpg

testing to see if this posts
  • territhefrog
    How do I resize a pic on here to make it smaller? I posted 2 pics and they are a bit too big. Sorry about that.