Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    1. They
    2. Have
    3. Listing
    4. Now
    5. But I don't know what it does, so I'm trying it out
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Yes, the font thing is annoying - zooming in is great until I try to go to anything other than these forums and it looks GIANT. So far just not well executed. But hey at least the groups block on the right is like twice the size of the forum postings now - that is awesome (oh, wait...no, no it's not.)

Can I recommend just use forums as one tab from everything else. The zoom does not affect if I go to my profile straight from here. There were like 3 star replies that came in at the same time. That might be the best feature yet.

• Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    I also want to know what happens when you attach an image.
    Also trying to upload a gif. For science

cat-has-bread-stuck-on-face.gif
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,357 Member
    I use to run an online forum and use to code them and all that, I can honestly say that this being a new upgrade, it'll take some time to get use too and time for kinks to be worked out. I'm sure the MFP staff will be working hard to make it the best they can. With that said, a suggestion, it needs a reply at the top, it does take time to scroll to the bottom to get to reply, especially if you are in a hurry. I wonder what the forum software is???
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,276 Member
    Wow, this is so awful from a mobile now. Is there a "click here for desktop" tab somewhere? Where have my groups gone? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?! Totally would not bang.
  • sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    Yes, the font thing is annoying - zooming in is great until I try to go to anything other than these forums and it looks GIANT. So far just not well executed. But hey at least the groups block on the right is like twice the size of the forum postings now - that is awesome (oh, wait...no, no it's not.)

Can I recommend just use forums as one tab from everything else. The zoom does not affect if I go to my profile straight from here. There were like 3 star replies that came in at the same time. That might be the best feature yet.

Well, when I open a new tab it opens zoomed to the same percentage as the forums - so giant. Even if I am in a tab that is at 100%, then I leave that page, it goes to the new page and zooms. I do appreciate the suggestion though.
  • territhefrog
    territhefrog Posts: 1,134 Member
    Some of the discussions that I posted in have been deleted altogether. Sad because one was really fun. It was in the Chit Chat category and people were having a blast with it. Why were some discussions that were fun and no harm to anyone deleted and others (which look to be from a spam/commercial account) not deleted?
    If this question was already asked, I apologize.
  • EmmaOnTrack
    EmmaOnTrack Posts: 425 Member
    I like that you can do this without having to get a Diploma in Pic Posting first! (just testing with a random pic)
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    I like the ability to star threads, so I won't lose the topics after I go to bed/head out. Now to check it on my phone...

Hmmm, I kind of like the layout better on there. Still would rather have the old boards back overall, though.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    blazepurr wrote: »
    I love this. :trollface:

I can see that one getting many, many, many uses
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Too many calories above maintenance make you fat.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    edited October 2014
    Nothing to see here, move on
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    :'( nope... it's gonna take a hella lotta time to get used to. I hate it completely. :(
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    The design is pretty poor, the typeface choice in reply box is terrible. Eh, I'll be honest, it's not bad for a first pass for a website in 2008-2010, but this is 2014.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    The fact that it resizes pics now is a big plus.

I think the adding pics and links boxes are good for noobs also.

And the no rollover at 500 posts thing.

Definitely needs to be wider though.
  • p8liwag
    p8liwag Posts: 919 Member
    This blows :#
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Too many calories above maintenance make you fat.

:D Nice one.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Oh hell no... I clicked on several people's names and I can never get to it, stupid thing now takes me to Google Play. Hating this even more.
  • palmerdanielle
    palmerdanielle Posts: 341 Member
    edited October 2014
    Rachel wrote: »
    Hey hey, check it out...
    Until now, Forums and Groups have been accessible only to users of our full website. We’re thrilled to announce: that’s about to change!

In the coming weeks, we’ll be bringing Forums and Groups to users of our iPhone, Android, and iPad apps. We’ll also be delivering an improved Forum experience to our website users as part of the expansion.

http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1691231-a-message-about-our-forum-update

:flowerforyou:

This I like, and the ease to add pictures, and the star feature...but can we have our tickers back, please? :\ and definitely more emoticons would be awesome because I like to be expressive and stuff. I also agree with the need for the forum layout to be wider. Is anyone else missing their groups? Maybe I just haven't stumbled across them yet, I'll keep looking. I know under the groups tab up top they're still there, but I liked being able to see them along with the forums...
    ETA I should mention I'm using my laptop right now*
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    I had to log in again to be able to comment... odd. Also, the smilies are even more limited, not that I thought that was actually possible. :|

There are actually more but you need to type through the commands like you would before. :cookie: just start typing the colon : and it will bring up a list of smilies type a letter and it will bring up different ones than initially shown.