So what do you think of the new forums?

Replies

• SomeGirlSomewhere
    SomeGirlSomewhere Posts: 937 Member
    Steven wrote: »
    ah so you have to use BBCode to do it. not thinking that is worth the trouble to do each time and I am REALLY hoping MFP will bring our tickers back!
    Definitely just a workaround for phase one of the update.
    That is good to know since many people are motivated by their tickers!
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Hmmm...found my groups, and like the fact it takes me to the last post I read when I click on a thread. I'll try and give it a week or so before I b!tchfest it up.

Okay, scratch that. The emotes suck! Wth!
  • Zerodette
    Zerodette Posts: 200 Member
    Zerodette wrote: »
    If the daily wave of spam stops, then I'm happy.

WAY better spam prevention and controls here. We haven't been putting resources (other than manual labor) into solving the spam problem in forums for the past months because resources were going into this move, where spam tools are absolutely superior

Then I love the forums, and you, and I take back my previous admin slander.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Hmmm...found my groups, and like the fact it takes me to the last post I read when I click on a thread. I'll try and give it a week or so before I b!tchfest it up.

Okay, scratch that. The emotes suck! Wth!

You can get more emotes by putting a colon followed by various letters, such as :c will being up those beginning with C.

• BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Do not wawnt
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    No.
  • Steven
    Steven Posts: 593 MFP Moderator
    If the daily wave of spam stops, then I'm happy.

WAY better spam prevention and controls here. We haven't been putting resources (other than manual labor) into solving the spam problem in forums for the past months because resources were going into this move, where spam tools are absolutely superior

Then I love the forums, and you, and I take back my previous admin slander.

:flowerforyou:
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    NOT a FAN!!! :\ Hate this new format!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Well, I must admit, if those appalling, infuriating spam posts that used to fill up pages of topics disappear, I will be most impressed. I used to want to punch those spambots in their spammy throats whenever that happened. I must have burnt a few calories from the smoke coming from my ears at such times.
  • OlyCapitalChick
    OlyCapitalChick Posts: 236 Member
    edited October 2014
    Whoa this is cool. Testing <3
    57at6bj4zc0z.jpg

• OlyCapitalChick
    Whoa this is cool. Testing <3
    57at6bj4zc0z.jpg

• Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Love the pic---Dreams
  • OlyCapitalChick
    there is soooooooooo much white space it is making me uncomfortable. I need a hug. :s
  • OlyCapitalChick
    randomtai wrote: »
    No.
    Not even a nope. the p and e were just too much.
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,462 Member
    I like the picture upload.1teofhcw1gub.jpg
  • Solar_Cat
    Solar_Cat Posts: 188 Member
    blazepurr wrote: »
    And it would be good to be able to find all threads that we've commented on without having to star them and get notifications for every comment. Other than that the added comment functions are sweet. :heart_eyes:

66323858.png

If you go to all notifications you can see all your posts including the ones from before the update. Just click on Replies. Can't figure out how to get to that page without going through all notifications - looks like it should be related to profile but that doesn't seem to go directly to it. Kind of a pain but if you just post one notification you can use that to get to the page at least.

Here's how. Go to http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/profile. That's the new forum profile page. You'll see links to the threads you've started (Discussions) and to those where you've replied (Replies). I expect there will be a menu link to it eventually.
  • uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    Way too much white. The boarders need to be gray or something.
  • uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    blazepurr wrote: »
    there is soooooooooo much white space it is making me uncomfortable. I need a hug. :s

+1 same :drinker:

:#
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Way too much white. The boarders need to be gray or something.

Or black....

This can be batman mfp now